1944 Whermact Loadout?

The Crunchy Bunny

Alright, I've decided to do a Whermact 1944 era laodout. So I'm wondering what I'd need. I was thinking:

* Grey or Camo trousers

* M40 Tunic

* Web gear with MP40 pouch (2), bread bag and maybe a gas mask canister

* M43 cap

* Low cut lace up boots

* AGM MP40 with enough mags to fill the pouches

* WE or KWA 1911 tucked into straps at the rear.

Also, a couple Q's:

*Cheapest place to get AGM MP40, where is it?

* Cheapest place to get all the stuff

* Where to find insignia

* Any better place to put pistol?

3 reasons:

1. I heard the P38's in airsoft are quite fragile.

2. It could be considered a "battlefield pickup"

3. Since I am far to poor to have the money for a German handgun and one for my Modern loadout, I would go with the best of both worlds and get a univeral handgun.

The P38 is still in use with the Bundeswehr as the P1. Granted, it's being phased out in favor of the P8, but there are still quite a few P1s floating around.

And depending on the modern load-out, an M1911A1 won't always be very accurate.

In any case, if you're going to carry a 1911 with WWII kit, you need to procure an M1916 holster (most common) or analagous holsters used by other nations that issued the 1911 during/before WWII (Norway is the only one I can recall).

Anyhue, designations:

US: US Pistol, Automatic, Caliber .45, M1911 (or M1911A1). In German service: P660(a)

Norwegian: 11.25mm automatisk pistol modell 1914 (aka Pistol m/14). In German service: P657(n)

Notes: Standard sidearm of US armed forces since WW I. Mod. 1911 adopted in Norwegian service in 1914. Only limited numbers in German use owing to non-standard ammunition.

(Terry Gander and Peter Chamberlain, Weapons of the Third Reich: An encyclopedic survey of all small arms, artillery, and special weapons of the German land forces 1939-1945)

I highly doubt a German soldier would be bringing a Colt into combat. Maybe picking it up and sqeezing off some rounds when you're out of ammo but mostlikely not in battle. Most Whermact soldiers used P38 or in less numbers but still prevelent at that time Lugers.

For the gear get these:

M40 tunic

M40 trousers

M40 helmet or M43 cap

Maybe some Jackboots

Then an AGM MP40 and some pouches or maybe a Kar98k.

The stuff wont be cheap I'll tell you that(Atleast a couple hundred dollars). But its a very nice loadout for WWII reanactors.

The P38 is still in use with the Bundeswehr as the P1. Granted, it's being phased out in favor of the P8, but there are still quite a few P1s floating around.

That might of been the cast 15 years ago or something, but not now.

Get a p38 and the SD kit which is coming out soon. A 1911 would just be stupid.

That might of been the cast 15 years ago or something, but not now.

Get a p38 and the SD kit which is coming out soon. A 1911 would just be stupid.

Well it depends on what exactly you want to recreate ? Ostfront, Westfront, Suedfront? Wehrmacht or Fallschirmjaeger ?

In 1944 the M43 Uniform was allready widely introduced. Thes means different trousers, jacket and boots. Also the splinter camo was then issued to many regular troops and not longer only to the Paras.

As the MP 40 was widely adopted by the paras I would reccomend doing a para.

However one will find a in the meantime wide selection of repros incl. helmets, gaiters, Y-yokes (you´ll need a yoke to adjust the MP40 pouches on it), belts and whatever at http://www.ranger-onlineshop.de/0303-040.seite2.ghtml

BTW. The P38 ist not longer an standard issued gun. The Bundeswehr adoped the H&K USP since ages. One might be able to find a P1 from time to time, probaply same thing as finding a 1911 in the US Army ;)

Alright, I've decided to do a Whermact 1944 era laodout. So I'm wondering what I'd need. I was thinking:

* Grey or Camo trousers

* M40 Tunic

* Web gear with MP40 pouch (2), bread bag and maybe a gas mask canister

* M43 cap

* Low cut lace up boots

* AGM MP40 with enough mags to fill the pouches

* WE or KWA 1911 tucked into straps at the rear.

Why a M40 tunic? Your pictures make you look like a teenager I.E. a fresh recruit in to the Army in 1944. An M44 or M43 tunic would be a much better idea. Splinter Pants are your best bet with the M44 tunic. In fact Sturm makes BDU pants out of the Splinter Material. You can find them occasionally. Web gear would be acceptable with the M44 tunic. The M43 cap would be good in Feldgrau or Splinter. Low cut boots require Gaiters. You'll need 7 mags for the AGM in that case. 6 for the pouches one for the Gun. Please for the love of God no pistols tucked into the Gear. Get a proper American Leather holster for it. A German officer would never allow such a thing. Ditch the gasmask canister and get a Bread bag, with a canteen, no messkit. For a proper loadout you truly need a shovel though.

MP40 pouches come in sets of Two because one side has the Loading tool and the pouches have a specific angle to them...

Your best bet is Barry Lyndon or Hong Keith. The Link "The Chef" posted is Barry Lyndon. I believe most of his tunic are coming with Insignia now.

This is Hong Kong Keith's website. http://stores.ebay.com/ww2militaria-keith7524fnl

He's doing more Field Gear now.

Okey dokie, I have scarpped the idea of the 1911 (I'm still getting one of those but not for this loadout). Depending on funds I will either not have a pistol or get a P38. I will be most likely be getting a set of splinter trousers. And a M44 Tunic. I don't mind having to get 7 mags. Ok, just one more question I found a set of M44 trousers and tunic would that be acceptable (so I wouldn't be wearing the splinter)? Also, If I where to go with a loadout early in the war I would use an M40 tunic and the same web gear correct?

No. Web gear is only acceptable for late war impressions. They wore Leather earlier in the war. And the early your impression is the more expensive it is. Early wartime meant well supplied troops with quality(expensive) gear. Late war means less gear of less(cheaper) quality.

Unless of course you're doing Africa Corp then I suppose the Web Gear is acceptable...

Wearing a Wool M44 with the Gray Trousers is perfectly acceptable.

You might want to try a Fallschirmjager load. They used splinter camo which is a little cheaper and more prevelent. Only really expensive thing would be the helmet which can run $140 easy. Then Just get yourself an MP40, and im pretty sure the Fallschirmjager used web gear because it was a little lighter and at the end of the war easier to find.

well.. I actually have a brand new MP40 to sell- and I can tell you, the AGM MP40 is the absolute dogs danglies... full metal it certainly is, and the mechanism is extremely smooth firing. It reminds me of one of the old (brilliant) and often forgotten originals of the airsoft world... the UZI!

It fires pretty fast, very accurately, with an excellent hop unit, has loads of space for the battery and the locking mechanism for the stock is sweet. My version is the ltd edition with the bakelite (brown) furniture (grips) I'm selling mine complete with a 1300Mah battery, speedloader and sling. Bonus. PM me.

Here are some good references for you:

German Combat Equipment 1939-1945

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_deta...4~ser=MAA~per=2

The German Army 1939–45: Western Front 1943–45

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_deta...X~ser=MAA~per=2

And both 1944 Militaria and Lost Battalions do special package deals for particular impressions. Have a look at what they have to offer (you might be able to find the pieces elsewhere for less, but at least you'll know what to get).

http://www.1944militaria.com/

http://www.lostbattalions.com/german2idx.html

Archived