Warrior R.I.C.A.S.

+gingernuts+

and btw, we have balcs armour for osprey now...

I don't quite follow. The MOD bought US armour? How did they make it fit into the Osprey?

different design really, only name is similar, and the fact its releaseable, and the release is ina  didffernet place...

Actually the release handle is in the same place as the Maritime CIRAS and aside from the addition of a row of grommets, the mechanism looks exactly the same. ie. copied.

I'm not taking sides just stating the facts. I am also of the belief that people can really become snobs when it comes to gear. It's not like they don't know how to triple stitch or bar-tack outside the USA

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! This is cleary real steel gear. And is not a copy, like Belladonna said all the tactical vest are going to be the same in one way or another. lol, take orange juice for an example how many companies have copied each other there it all comes from an ORANGE!

We will never win against you, even though your out number 10 to 1. How is a 16 year old, going to afford Eagle kit, $600 for a tact vest. Sorry but i can't afford that, I just would not want to spend that much on, kit. Even if it was a fake or copy- which is proven it's not, i would still buy it before Eagle gear, because as many have said it is cheapier and the same high quality.

I have no qualms in using replica gear, but £120 for what is a replica is too much.

In terms of replica I mean

-a copy of another design (you can argue all you want about it being modified and better but the majority of it is a direct copy.)

-Gear made for airsofter's, paintballers etc

Warrior gear IS primarily made for airsofter's and paintballers, if it is used by the British army then so be it, the fact remains that it is marketed towards airsofters and paintballer's.

Warrior Gear is made in Korea, I am not sure if it is exclusive to Warrior or whether the Korean factorie's make a bunch of stuff then get rebranded (just like how replica aimpoints come from the same factory but are rebranded by different company's

If the price was something around the region of £70 and I was after a CIRAS I'd get it.

They copy other designs and they market towards airsofter's, that to me makes it replica gear, if its being used by the brit army so be it, however it is still marketed for airsofter's.

It comes under the same category as Just, Guarder etc imo.

120 doesn't sound that steep at all really. Afterall, if the description is accurate, you're getting an armour carrier made of Cordura (rather than plain thick nylon) and a bunch of mag pouches enough to serve the average airsofter and also appropriate stitching.

Compare it to the cost of other "quality" replicas such as the Phantom and you'll see that it's only about 20-30 quid more expensive. If you're i the UK you'll save that amount in postage and duty.

-Gear made for airsofter's, paintballers etc

Warrior gear IS primarily made for airsofter's and paintballers, if it is used by the British army then so be it, the fact remains that it is marketed towards airsofters and paintballer's.

Warrior Gear is made in Korea, I am not sure if it is exclusive to Warrior or whether the Korean factorie's make a bunch of stuff then get rebranded (just like how replica aimpoints come from the same factory but are rebranded by different company's

If the price was something around the region of £70 and I was after a CIRAS I'd get it.

Evidence please :)

also its not primarily for airsofters as we have said... heck, airsofters use eagle gear... that must be primaily for airsofters right?

and how is it made in korea?

The owner of a Gear and Surplus shop in HK confirmed it with me, the guy primarily started off as a Surplus store but is now branching out into Modern gear as well.

He wanted some RRV Copies and came across the usual few, Phantom, Milspex etc and one of the replica gear manufacturers he came across was Warrior who were located in Korea

In the end he didnt go with them as he found a better deal with a manufacturer in China.

And you have mis interpreted my post so I shall try again.

Warrior Gear's is MARKETED towards Airsoft and Paintball Players, not towards the military. Members of the british forces may use it but that does not mean it was marketed towards them.

As you said Eagle gear is used by Airsofter's, however Eagle doesnt make there gear specifacally for airsofter's or paintballer's. Eagle Gear is Marketed primarily towards Armed Forces Personnel, Law Enforcement etc.

Have PM'd you the website of the HK Shop.

tome,

You definitely have a good point there. If I was going to spend £120 on gear though I'd get a "real" plate carrier and pouches as there are more than enough manufacturer's who make them within that price range. Thats just my thought though, if you have to have a CIRAS then that would probably be the best way to go.

**I'd just like to make it clear that I do not have any problems or personal feud with UKTactical, I have spoken to them at Beltring before and they are great guys and have some real competetive prices on there products**

On a similar note - I was going to buy a small selection of Bulle gear from Flecktarn only to be told by Flecktarn all 25,000 units that they've just had imported to last them a few months of retail selling has been completely sold out to an ENTIRE regiment (I can only assume an Infantry regiment) that is going out to Afghanistan.

Bulle is replica gear.

So if replica assault systems are being bought up by entire military regiments then at what point does it stop being airsoft gear and then becomes military gear?

OMG! This is cleary real steel gear. And is not a copy, like Belladonna said all the tactical vest are going to be the same in one way or another. lol, take orange juice for an example how many companies have copied each other there it all comes from an ORANGE!

We will never win against you, even though your out number 10 to 1. How is a 16 year old, going to afford Eagle kit, $600 for a tact vest. Sorry but i can't afford that, I just would not want to spend that much on, kit. Even if it was a fake or copy- which is proven it's not, i would still buy it before Eagle gear, because as many have said it is cheapier and the same high quality.

Not to be a *beep*, but I bought a Paraclete RAV, a Safariland SPEARS ELCS and a DBT FAPC all on my own paychecks, with pouches, and I still have 3 well to do weapons on the AR platform, one with a full set of VLTor parts, another with Knights and Magpul and Im in the process of getting an EOtech. I worked since I was 14 with 2 jobs man, and I get it done.

Warrior is repo stuff, its made of cordura, and is similar to what G&P does, but the gear is not intended to be used in such situations as would be demanded by companies that cater to the militaries of the world, not the airsofters. So yes, its durable and has 1000 denier cordura, but its not the real thing intended for the real field. Not trying to be a *beep*, just saying what I know.

i currently own lots of products made by Eagle, Blackhawk, Tactical Tailor ,SORD,HSGI, the list goes on...and WARRIOR, all i can say is warriors kit is excellent quality and easily on a par with Eagle, Im quite friendly with the owner of UKTactical and have purchased many different items from him, all of which he has confirmed are being used by troops and PSD operators worldwide, i was actually quite gutted that i spent so much money on my Eagle CIRAS only to see the RICAS at TA4 and be very impressed with the stitching, material used and the PRICE!! .

All companies have there strong and weak products so why shouldnt someone else pick up on that and improve, i like competition as it keeps the prices keen and the products interesting with each company adding there own little touches,

I couldnt reccomend UKtactical high enough but i also say the same for all the other companies mentioned, just go with what you want,its not a fashion parade with "my trainers are better than yours"if it works for you whether your real steel or airsoft ,who is anyone else to say your wrong?

Just my 2 cents worth,

Jim.

Goddamn politics.

I just want to know about the RICAS compact.

Anyone got any details? I haven't got AI so if someone can scan the pics, that'd be awesome.

Who gives a *beep* about whether it's 'real steel' of not?

If it's decent quality, does the job and looks good, and someone who doesn't still live with his parents, who has to hold down an ordinary job, pay the rent and the bills and the food, can afford it, then hey! Who cares about whether some UK or US SF wears it.

I just wanna know about the compact...

Archived