SKD Tactical Eagle Chest Rig vs. TT MAV+X-Harness

Renalan

So I've been dying to replace this pos CTD Plate Carrier I have. I've narrowed it down to two low profile chest rigs.

The SKD Tactical Version of Eagle's Universal Chest Carrier or a TT MAV with X-Harness.

They're both RACK style chest rigs with similar features. I'm looking for some people with first-hand experience with either of these rigs and can share their experiences with them.

They're both also about the same price at ~$90 USD shipped.

if you are going to buy the Eagle/SKD rig I'd recommend looking at the universal version on SKDtac, holds all kinds of different rifle mags, takes 4 pistols mags, if you need a lightweight rig that is really versatile and don't want to constantly change mag pouches, that's a really good option. The side rifle mag pouches even double as a holster! I've had one and it's awesome.

My TT MAV is one bit of kit that I will always keep. It's cheap and does the job. I prefer the 2 piece for easier donning/doffing and allows you to quickly get more comfortable if you are going to be prone for a while.

I didn't get on with the x-harness tho. It added some nice features, but I found my body just wasn't big enough for it. Probably would have been better if my chest was over 40".

I have the Eagle Ind. Universal Chest Rig (No the SKD One), and I must say it's a fine piece of kit. Great if you're one to only carry what you need. It is perfect for me, I am a low-drag, high-speed type of player. If you're like me, get it.

If you want something more versatile though, I must admit the TT MAV is for you.

So I think I'm going to purchase the MAV, because the Eagle Chest Rig isn't available anywhere in CB. The major decision maker here was the able to attach a hydration pack, in addition to extra PALS space to add a pouch or two more.

I have the SKD all molle version of the eagle chest rig, which replaced my TT mav and x-harness, if your quite short and like a chest rig to sit on your chest then you cant get better than the eagle rig, i just couldnt cinch the mav enough to wear a belt rig as well,

dont get me wrong its a great piece of kit it just didnt work for me.

Archived