China M1A1 Thompson

the_viral_phantom

IBM made em aswell, or that may have been the M1. I think there where half a dozen companies made same as the M1 and 1911.

I'm sure we're not going to digress into recanting all the mfg's that made everything during the war years eh? It was war- factories were at capacity making everything for the war effort- Cadillac made tanks and tank engines, on and on and on-

I was simply responding to these comments, which at the time I read them seemed to indicate that there was some confusion about the authenticity of AutoOrdnance trades, that's all :D

"The trades on the Cybergun version are painted on and are those of Auto Ordinance.

They should be easily removable." -Tank

"Auto Ordnance is the current manufacturer of the Thompson" -BigAl

(Not implying that BigAl or Tank didn't realize that BTW)

Also, my guess is that they paint them white (like WE Does) to try to make them appear less 'authentic'- meaning a 'real' gun doesn't have white painted trades, (with exceptions of course ;) ) so they are hoping this get's them past the copyright police- A couple of years ago there was a big push to try and get the aftermarket mfg's to paint metal frames and slides completely white for the same reason.

:D

Slainte!

-G

The lower receiver is plastic (as it is on the TM). Also, the mag is entirely plastic.

I knew it was too good to be true when they said full metal. But a plastic mag? Comon, they aren't even trying. I wonder if they fixed the horrid barrel-crack issue the Marui had. Considering it's a chicom, they probaly didn't. Fail.

P.S.-the marui was very robust even with the lower receiver being plastic.

WTF are you talking about "Rebranded Marui" ?

Can you give us another example of a gun that TM produces yet allows another mfg or distributor to put thier name and trades on?

That way I'll know if I'm a complete bonehead, or.......... ;)

And BTW, the 'Auto Ordnance' trades you see are correct- They have always made the weapon. (As well as the serial number at the end of the reciever)

http://www.impactguns.com/store/product1170.html

Slainte!

-G

How about every TM model they own the license to?

a couple of years back when i was trying to promote airsoft here in Belgium and was working with a firearms dealer to get him to sell airsoft aswell, i got a to see a wholesale list by cybergun, they offered near all the TM models back then, at ridiculous prices, i think the M4 RIS had just came out (yeah its been a while lol) and they were asking like 500 euros for one :blink: , and yes that was to the dealer...

they offered some qrmqlite mpeg back then aswell, but they were so crappy it made you cry.

Guinness-

No worries. I was just saying the trade should be easily removed because they look like poo IMO.

I'd rather have no trades then those.

But I've got a TM Thompson anyway so I don't much care either way.

I was disappointed by the plastic mag though. I was hoping for some cheap extra mags...Oh well.

Also, my guess is that they paint them white (like WE Does) to try to make them appear less 'authentic'- meaning a 'real' gun doesn't have white painted trades, (with exceptions of course  ;)  ) so they are hoping this get's them past the copyright police- A couple of years ago there was a big push to try and get the aftermarket mfg's to paint metal frames and slides completely white for the same reason.

:D

Slainte!

-G

Cybergun don't have to get past the 'copyright police', they are licensed to use the trades, thats how they try to justify stratosferic prices.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but will Cybergun the only retailer that will comercialize this gun on the western hemisphere? (not particularly happy about it, specially since one of you brits told me that Cybergun was french, and that being french was inherently evil) Perhaps you guys might enlighten this Third World reenactor (me), if someone "less evil" (or less french) -namely Fung from Gunner or keith from RSOV- might get these soon... and at what cost?

PS: the "French-are-evil" comment is just a joke from a non-english speaker, don´t get mad at me for them!

How about every TM model they own the license to?

a couple of years back when i was trying to promote airsoft here in Belgium and was working with a firearms dealer to get him to sell airsoft aswell, i got a to see a wholesale list by cybergun, they offered near all the TM models back then, at ridiculous prices, i think the M4 RIS had just came out (yeah its been a while lol) and they were asking like 500 euros for one  :blink: , and yes that was to the dealer...

they offered some qrmqlite mpeg back then aswell, but they were so crappy it made you cry.

Sturgis-

Let's be crystal clear about this issue, k?

Tokyo Marui DOES NOT sell product to other mfg's to rebrand- period, end of sentence, case closed ;)

The closest Cybercrap comes to anything like that is their French a$$es own trademark rights on some of the mearde they get the Chicom mfg's to make for them.

So unless you have physical proof and not anecdotal proof that a Cybergun product was actually made in Japan by Tokyo Marui.............

then hush it ;)

love ya! :P

Slainte!

-G

just to re-iterate Guiness'es point- there is a difference between being a distributor and being a company that rebrands.

Cybergun certainly distribute TM stuff- first time I enquired into airsoft stuff at my local fishing/gun store years ago, I was shown a cybergun catalogue with some truly ugly prices attached.

but they were not claiming them to be anything other than TM models.

I´m guessing that since Cybergun evil minions purchased the whole first batch, I will have to either buy from them (and be an accomplice to an evil deed) or wait until the second batch is released (and bite my nails to the bone until then).

Tough call, if you ask...

Holy mother of Chrysler!

What ARE those trades supposed to be?

I hope its a metal upper body so I can scratch those horrid apparitions off, before I scratch my own eyes out!

I don't know about the print on the side, but the "bullet" looking thing on the top is supposed to be there.

I personally think the trades add some texture to the gun, makes it look less blank, if that makes sense. They could be a little less white, perhaps more of a grey or off white color to lessen the brightness, but still, not bad.

I know I'm alone on that, but I don't care.

Archived