A new AEP!

Venge

No, I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously, I'm willing to bet five pounds of someone else's money that this gun uses clone Glock internals in a clone of the HFC M190 body. It'll perform... ooh, probably as well as the DE USP, thinking about it. Little bit less than the CYMA Glock, simply because a copy of a copy will never be as good.

:zorro:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, R+D costs are an issue, yes, product development costs money, but with a TM, you are paying mostly for the brand, why else would a TM M4 RIS, firing at 286fps cost £210, and a CA M15A4 Carbine, firing at 300-310fps cost £215

I don't think anyone disputes that old TM Armalites are poor quality externally, but they are quite old, (1991 wasn't it when the first one came out, thats 16 years ago).

Paying for a brand? Thats a load of BS, TM are in Japan, they make the guns in Japan. You may not be aware of this but because of Japans economy labour, materials and business costs are much higher than China. Also in Japan the TM guns are MUCH cheaper, i've looked at the prices and they're about 1/2 of the UK prices.

The reason for the higher price is

1 - Higher labour and material costs

2 - Higher business running costs, overheads etc

3 - Distributers, they buy in large amounts and sell at a profit and thats how its always been done, people have to make a living you know

And for people who complain about the so called rip-off prices in the UK, all i can say is shut the *fruitcage* up, have you ever seen real accounts for businesses? I have, even very small ones have insanely high overheads, they have to pay VAT, all sorts of insurance costs, wages, business tax, accounting fees, overheads etc. Infact accounting fees are a good example, a lad whos in my AAT group is charged out at £115 per hour just to sort out invoices and stuff like that by the firm he works for, cheap? i think not.

Read the edit, paying attention is good.

As for R+D costs, I hardly think that they account for the ludicrous price of TMs low-power, plastic AEGs.

Also, do you, as a consumer, actually care what they pay their employees? because I most certainly don't, and if you think that buying overpriced guns because of how much the manufacturer pays the staff allows you to claim some sort of ethical high ground, then you are, quite frankly, a fool.

I'd rather put some money into REAL R&D when i buy a gun tbh, i'm not really a fan of companies that just throw out cheap guns and bodge others together to make a 'new model'. Also i know if i buy a TM gun then it'll almost certainly not need any work doing on it (except maybe a new hopup rubber or something) for years. Yeah, i'm such a fool for buying something very reliable.

Also, TM spend 2+ years designing and testing their guns, thats why they pretty much always come out right the first time, and that length of time would create a hell of a lot of R&D costs.

And a last note, a higher power gun does not mean its higher quality, end of.

Wow, so much anger. Thanks for the post Balberoth. You have been both articulate and polite, something which seems to be hard to come by on Arnie's.

Indeed - He was - Shame he was so relentlessly wrong :)

Still, an even temper is a welcome sight on the forum.

Cheers.

TM Glock 18c to the Cyma Glock 18c (found it was Cyma when I looked at the link my teammate sent me). 

That's a very short sighted arguement for GBB pistols, as the cost of running a GBB is much higher due to the fact that it needs gas.  Last time I checked, I think its cheaper to buy a slightly more expensive pistol and save on the cost of running it than to buy a cheaper GBB and pay twice as much to run it.  Plus you get full auto, which on GBB wastes alot of gas.  It's going to be cheaper in the long run to go AEP, although, granted, alot less interesting... <_<

Edit: I don't know why everyone is so hostile all of the sudden.  I always thought the people here were pretty nice...but lately, well...

I wasn't really tring to make an argument for GBBs, that was just my preference. I should probably have made that clearer.

Archived