Bear Grylls

SilentScope

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not. even. close.

Darkchild

There are numerous written accounts, and I also remember reading on the MoD website about 21st and 23rd Territorial SAS Regiments.

http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Special_Air_Service

The Special Air Service Regiment is a Corps of the British Army under the United Kingdom legal system which authorises the raising of military forces and comprises three battalion-sized units, one Regular and two reserve units in the Territorial Army (TA), each styled as 'regiments' in accordance with British Army practice; 22 SAS Regiment being the Regular unit, with 21 SAS Regiment (Artists Rifles) and 23 SAS Regiment as the TA reserve units, known together as the Special Air Service (Reserve) (SAS®).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artists'_Rifles

There are numerous written accounts, and I also remember reading on the MoD website about 21st and 23rd Territorial SAS Regiments.

your not getting the point are you. They are TA, they do selection over a series of weekends, and even then they dont even do the full thing, as opposed to doing a six month course. The regiment view them as something of a joke.

Anyway, as i've managed to turn this into an argument of sorts, i would like to remind everyone ofmy original point, Bear is a fake who was never in the SAS.

Darkchild

your not getting the point are you.

Darkchild

I would have easily understood had you have actually explained yourself earlier, instead of simply replying with "21st isnt the SAS" and "not even close". Which does not explain your "point".

They are still classed as Regiments of the Special Air Service by the MoD. Therefore, members of the 21st and 23rd SAS Regiments are classed as members of the SAS, no matter what 22nd members think.

Problem is, it does come across as insulting. You're basically saying that the British Army is over there, supporting our American allies, and the American public isn't aware of it. Makes us wonder what the point is.

:zorro:

It's just that I haven't heard anything on the media about British involvement since several years ago when the war had just recently started...

well im sure anyone else with an ounce of savvy would've guessed that by enboldening the word TERRITORIAL in your post i was getting at something.

Darkchild

I apologise, that gave me the impression that you were saying that those Regiments don't exist.

However, as we're completely straying off topic here and I'm just a walt, I'm going to be quiet now. Stay safe mate.

It's just that I haven't heard anything on the media about British involvement since several years ago when the war had just recently started...

Which simply supports Sledge's point.

In fairness, the US media is rather blind to anything that happens to non Americans. A lot of the stuff we got about 9.11 here in the UK was never reported in the US.

But yeh, UK is still in the pretty pointless war. I support the troops 100%, but not the reasons for the war.

I apologise, that gave me the impression that you were saying that those Regiments don't exist.

However, as we're completely straying off topic here and I'm just a walt, I'm going to be quiet now. Stay safe mate.

Which simply supports Sledge's point.

its ok dude, i should've been clearer. Dont be ashamed to be a walt either (just in case, as a lot of people are), imitation is the best form of flattery! :)

Darkchild

So it's not MY fault really...

In fairness, the US media is rather blind to anything that happens to non Americans. A lot of the stuff we got about 9.11 here in the UK was never reported in the US.

But yeh, UK is still in the pretty pointless war. I support the troops 100%, but not the reasons for the war.

I kinda agree... But I think it is stupid to pull out now... (Democrats in congress are trying for it) because the country will go to *beep* again,and all the people will have died for no reason....

Anyways, Bear Grylls is pretty badass.... :unsure:

So it's not MY fault really...

I kinda agree... But I think it is stupid to pull out now... (Democrats in congress are trying for it) because the country will go to *beep* again,and all the people will have died for no reason....

Anyways, Bear Grylls is pretty badass.... :unsure:

The country would simply be taken over by the strongest group and have a tyrannous regime similar to that of Saddam's. Which would most likely stop the inter-fighting between different factions.

Quoted from Robert Newman's 'A History Of Oil'.

"I did a 26 city tour of the United States last year and it was a very interesting time to go over there. I was in North Carolina, reading the papers in the back yard with the guy who lived next door to where I was staying and it was the day that news broke from Iraq of this Sunni and Shia joint uprising against the American lead occupation. Same day there was news of an African Union declaration condemning US foreign policy.

And the guy next door said to me "I tell ya this much about the United States, we are sure bringing about world unity. Cos the one thing that unites the entire planet...hatred of us! Its like you all became one big nation called 'The Rest Of The World!'"

I said to him, "Actually we did. In fact we have even got our own flag."

He went "Oh yeah? What is it?"

I said "The same as yours, but on fire".

:D

Archived