Bear Grylls

SilentScope

bear_grylls_in_jungle.jpg

I have come to the realization that Man vs. Wild is in fact the greatest show on television at the moment. Better than Survivor Man for the single reason that if Bear Grylls and Les Stroud got into a fight, Bear would beat Les to death, no questions. I dont care that Bear gets a camera crew either, if anything it means he has to keep THEM alive as well

He even uses those cheap-*albatross* Gerber knives, it's like he doesn't even give a damn

edited for broken English

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure the camera crew keeps the camera crew alive. They probably bring plenty of food and water for themselves and a satellite phone with a helo nearby on 24 hour stand-by in case things go south.

EDIT: Oh, and Grylls doesn't have to carry his camera equipment. Les does.

The point is that Bear Grylls was the youngest person to survive climbing Everest, A YEAR AFTER BREAKING HIS BACK, he was in the efffin SAS for three years, he has a black belt in karate, and Les Stroud plays the harmonica and bitches about how hard life is

The SAS son, not even Ray Mears can touch that

/thread

Have you seen the stuff he has done!? I say his *albatross* is humble for that type of resume, seriously

On Letterman he wouldn't even consider himself the youngest person to climb everest, even though the only guy who was younger didnt survive the decent

Have you seen the stuff he has done!? I say his *albatross* is humble for that type of resume, seriously

On Letterman he wouldn't even consider himself the youngest person to climb everest, even though the only guy who was younger didnt survive the decent

I guess he's honest, at least.

The dude from Survivor man bitches about every little thing... Bear Grylls does stuff he doesn't even have to too, like jump down water falls and such. Also the whole thing isn't him sitting under some branches making a fire saying how important it is to stay dry and get water and saying how bad of a time he is having.

I don't know if any of you have met Ray Mears....? Anyone?

I did at a book signing I pasted, he seems COMPLETELY full of himself. I talked to him for maybe 20~ seconds and I left with the firm believe that if I ever met him in the wilderness I'd use him for food.

Edit: Re-reading my post it seems a little harsh, he wasn't a complate twat or anything, just had one of those ways about him.

Bear Grylls is tough...

But Sir Ranulph Feinnes would run through the jungle faster, climb the mountain quicker, swim the croc-infested river with raw meat hanging from him and kill any croc that passed his way...and when Grylls died from exhaustion, unable to keep up, Sir Feinnes would make a 4 course meal from his corpse.

No contest.

Proof:

In 2000, he attempted to walk solo and unsupported to the North Pole. The expedition failed when his sleds fell through weak ice and Fiennes was forced to pull them out by hand. He sustained severe frostbite to the tips of all the fingers on his left hand, forcing him to abandon the attempt. On returning home, his surgeon insisted the necrotic fingertips be retained for several months (to allow regrowth of the remaining healthy tissue) before amputation. Impatient at the pain the dying fingertips caused, Fiennes removed them himself (in his garden shed) with a fretsaw.

Now thats hardcore.

Ray Mears doesn't make a big deal out of how hard he is for eating disgusting things.

:zorro:

Does Bear Grylls? Once he just plucked a huge *albatross* crucifix spider from a branch and started to explain how it is full of nutrients and how you should eat it if you have to. He wasn't making a big deal about eating it, nor was he stalling. When he finished talking he just ate the damn thing. Maybe he made a bit of a face because it tasted like donkey semen. That's it.

And as for Bear fighting Les Stroud...c'mon. Even if Les had a knife, it would be over more quickly because Bear would just take it from him. Or he'd build a spear from a tree as Les was running towards him. No competition.

And lastly, maybe Les does carry his own equipment and is more "alone" in the wilderness, but have you seen the type of *beep* that he doesn't have to do?! His areas are so tame compared to where Bear goes. Bear Grylls has to climb up trees, glaciers, cliffs...the guy stuck his goddamn hand in a goddamn crevice and made a goddamn fist to pull himself up, honestly.

...And it's just such a relief that this thread is over...

I have now met Bear, I liked him a great deal.

I met Ray mears ages ago and he is a twat. He did teach the SAS but that just makes him even more of a smug twat.

I have never met Sir Ranulph Twistleton-Wykeham Fiennes (legendary name) but my dad has and although he seldom says much of anything my dad said he was a legend which is good enough for me.

Ranulph>Bear>Ray, IMO.

Highlight, Ranulph got thrown out of the SAS for blowing up a film set in Castle Coombe.

Archived