is there anything wrong with this picture?

scithe

my freind just got me a book called jane's guns recognition guide. it is a pretty nice book really, but i found this one picture and could not help but laugh:

sc00792476.png

hehe, i guess the guy who owned this p232 wanted a multipurpose gun capable of both homicide and suicide in low light situations.

That would make sense if they were fiber optic sights, but the thing that makes me really wonder about that idea is the rear sight's profile. You want the back face to be featureless so it won't busy up the sight picture. The sight in the photo looks sloped in the back, and on a high-quality modern handgun like a Sig, I wouldn't expect that kind of design. :unsure:

TKV is right. The profile of the rear sight proves beyond any doubt that the sight is installed backwards. This could be intentional, although by a long shot: Maybe the user wanted a steep front face, so he could cock the slide against a stiff belt or the sole of his shoe, if the other hand was occupied? Some sights have a 90 degree angle in front exactly for this purpose.

Or maybe they just botched it. It gave me a giggle.

-Sale

Archived