1-18-08

Fuser

Many of you might be aware of a trailer that's come out (it was first played at the beginning of the Transformers movie) for a movie that has no name. The trailer simply ends with the film's release, 1-18-08, which is the title that the movie is being listed as on multiple sites. Technically, the film has no name.

If you haven't seen the trailer, click this link.

The film is being Produced by J.J. Abrams, who also produced Lost and Alias and was the writer of Armageddon, Mission Impossible: 3 and Joy Ride.

Needless to say, a bunch of people are speculating about the movie. The trailer (for those of you who didn't watch) is shot like a home video, set in the New York City apartment of a guy who's about to go to Japan. Everyone's happy until they see that something (reportedly an earthquake) is happening in NYC. They run to the roof, see a huge explosion, run to the street, hear the roars of some sort of "monster" and then the head of the Statue of Liberty rolls down the street. When I first saw it I settled on the fact that there would be no way to know more about the movie until it was released.

Then I found this site.

It's been digging up little hidden subtleties in the trailer, even in the posters for the movie.

At first, when the poster was released (or leaked, at first) everyone decided that it was a monster movie due to ( a ) the monster roars in the trailer and ( b ) the picture of the statue on the poster, which has been decapitated and bears a distinct three-claw mark along its back. There is also wake in the water going towards the city as if a huge creature is on the move, and several buildings in the distance have claw marks on them.

Then another (and somewhat strong) theory was proposed: there are three monsters in the film.

Besides the three claw marks on the statue, if you listen closely while watching the trailer you can hear that there are three distinctly different "roars". So someone proposed that there is a water monster, an earth monster, and an air monster. In the trailer, one of the guys is wearing a Slusho! tee shirt, a company that has been seen on the Alias series and exists in Japan (where, if you remember, the "main character" is off to in the movie). On the Slusho! web site (slusho.jp), there are two children on the homepage standing on the ground. If you click 'Downloads', they are in the air. If you click 'History', they are underwater.

Anyway, just weird stuff. Only makes me want to see this movie soon.

Also, the letter 'O' is seen multiple times in the trailer, and at the end one of the characters says "It's gonna be the best night ever", so a bunch of people think the title will be Overnight.

Why did I post this? I haven't been online much lately and I thought that some of you might have some info on this movie that I hadn't heard of yet. If not, what did you think of the trailer?

edit

s/p

lost is awesome.

I dont understand how the plot is confusing everyone, its actually quite easy to follow, most people who complain about it havent actually seen half of the episodes and subsequently wonder why so much has happened since they last watched :/

lost is awesome.

I dont understand how the plot is confusing everyone, its actually quite easy to follow, most people who complain about it havent actually seen half of the episodes and subsequently wonder why so much has happened since they last watched :/

Lost is a pile of ######. It's what happens when

1) The writers, as a whole, decided that film school, and all of the conventions put in place in order to help people create watchable television was too good for them.

2) The writers were all snorting vast amounts of crack mixed with polar bears.

3) A group of crack and polar bear snorting idiot writers decide to randomly ###### ideas onto a storyboard and add bad dialogue.

lost is awesome.

No, no, we don't find it confusing, we just find it ######.

Oh and DL, being a crack smoking polar bear myself, I take offense to that.

Could be complete nonsensical musings, but what if it isn't a monster movie? Possibly another really poor alien based movie like war of the worlds?

Also, as for arrogance, we invented time and date, showing you're too lazy to write it correctly. :P

J.

Sp

Archived