A&K M249 initial impressions

The Mk1 does not come with a rail on the feed cover, but then I'm a bit of a purist hence my choice of the Mk1 in the first place, I've no great desire for a scope on mine.

I've already binned the heat shield off my Para and, as soon as Pablo goes to the loo at MA3 I'm swapping the foregrip off his Mk1 onto my Para as well.

Possibly. :unsure:

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note to self: do not leave the M249 foregrip unattended at MA3.

Once I get this motor fitted properly, the ROF promises to be nice and healthy (for me anyway).

The piston o-ring was indeed shocking bad on mine btw, the new one + silicon sealant around the cylender head gives me fantastic compression.

I recommend full face when using one of these, as a stray BB could ruin the grin on your face.

I managed to get through and talked to Frenchie earlier today, he told me that "AK are producing in quantity and shipping to us promptly, however the 1st of October is China day over there and most business close for the week due to the celebrations so there may be some delay but as soon as we get them we'll send them on to you"

So if you've paid for one already (like me) sit tight, they will turn up. Bear in mind that AS have also recently moved premises so things are a little hectic for em

I managed to get through and talked to Frenchie earlier today, he told me that "AK are producing in quantity and shipping to us promptly, however the 1st of October is China day over there and most business close for the week due to the celebrations so there may be some delay but as soon as we get them we'll send them on to you"

So if you've paid for one already (like me) sit tight, they will turn up. Bear in mind that AS have also recently moved premises so things are a little hectic for em

Ah ok, that's cool. I've paid for mine, so hopefully it'll turn up in a week or so :)

Also, when I actually got through to them today, they said that they were the Version 2 M249's (great!!!)... But I was just wondering, will therefore, that mean Actionhobbys' M249's will also be Version 2's?

Just because they have the full - auto M93r for £40 on AH rather than £50 on ASW...

I have used Component-Shop a couple of times, I usually get silicone wire and connectors from them and the level of service has been top notch. I had a problem with one of the orders once where the length of cable which they sent me was incorrect and would not complete the job I needed it for, but the correct length was resent to me within a couple of days for free.  :)

The quality of the items are also top notch, the batteries I have bought from them were both vapextech packs and the cable and connectors were also good.

Plus they have very reasonable P&P rates.

Well I placed my order for two batteries with Component Shop at 10:10 yesterday morning, the package arrived this morning and the 9.6V "nunchuck" is now charged and in its new home in my Minimi and I got a little freebie key fob with a compass and light in it too. Thanks again for the link Smurf.

:)

Edited by Tarnish

Damn think stopped working when I put it all together, fuse looks intact so I strip her again. Thought the switch had died, as the motor wouldn't turn at all (I'd connected up the old motor to test in case it was the motor). Just on a whim, I changed the fuse. Holding the old motor in one hand, I hit the trigger switch. The motor spins, flying out of my hand. Boy that beastie has some torque!

The stock fuse may die while still looking intact. Weird.

I'll put her back together again and let you know what I've done. Can't find a ruler at the mo, but I'll mark up the measurements of the switch and dig a ruler out later.

Hoooooooooooomommah!

A&K M249 + CA short type super high speed motor + 9.6V = big smile on Pablo's face (once I'd sorted the shimming out again). I'm gonna have to check the fps with the new piston o-ring though, 'cos she was kicking like a mule on the bench.

Care to record your ROF and post it up?

Here's mine, 12 rps.

m249.wav

If you go to make a reply to this thread, underneath where you type your reply is a section headed "File Attachments".

You should click the browse button to navigate to where the audio file is on your computer, then once you have selected it click the "Add This Attachment" button.

It should then upload the attachment to the server and when you add the reply to the thread it will appear under your post. :)