Positive airsoft press

Swerve

From a visit we had from the local press at our home site a few weeks back.

The lady came with a photographer who stayed for a while, taking piccies. he went and she stayed the whole day.

A few inacuracies in the feature - our group is -=256=- not 259, but on the whole pretty well done and very positive.

I would suggest that you try this in other areas, if you can. Worked out well for us.

Also, if you are in the general area, the next skirmish is on the 26th Aug. we'd love to see some new faces, it is a good woodland site, still in its infancy but improving all the time, facilities are good as they are shared with an existing paintball site.

Linky to the article is here - http://www.echo-news.co.uk/echofeatures/fe...g_to_thrill.php

SUPERB article!

Obviously there will be the nit-pickers out there, but all in all i'd say that the article tells it like how i see airsoft and it's not often that gets portrayed in the press nowadays.

+1 that man.. oh, wait a min ;)

yay!!! good press!

quick threadjack here, can anyone who goes to these monthly skirmishes at billaricay PM me to let me know this works? i noticed on the site it mentioned 'no financial gain' and didnt mention any entry fees, so is it free? oh and what is their policy on face protection?

sorry again about the threadjack, this seemed about as an appropriate place to post the question as any (i didnt spot any subforums on that site)

Excelent!

I'm gona submit it to stumbleupon (if it hasn't bean already), to try and get it circulated around the intarwebs a bit mroe. I'd sugest anyone with the stumble tool bar does the same, try and get some decent journalism out there! :D

Well done to everybody involved! Especially for getting this key point in the article as a stnad-alone paragraph:

"Although astonishing similar to real life guns the replica airsoft weapons are entirely different internally and cannot be converted to shoot bullets."

:D:D:D:D

OOOPS! "Airsoft developed in the middle east" - um, it was the Far East. ;)

My club played at Billericay back in March-April time. Suffice it to say, we won't be going back anytime soon for any number of reasons.

Please PM me with about your problems etc, I'll make sure they get passed on to the guys that run it.

Things have moved on, and certain early problems have largely been dealt with. It's no Lasham yet but people are putting a lot of time and effort in. People are returning now every month so they must be doing something right.

Archived