Anyone from Hong Kong?

bronney

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh, I'm in Utah right now going to uni. Won't be back until Christmas.

@KWP: What do you mean, "quite some development"? Do explain, I'm curious :)

Just some new game sites in- and outdoors with interesting features, although it's still the HK-typical instant action game site design. :(

Oh, so essentially paintball with airsoft guns?

You name it, it's exactly that.

The new game site W28 is the latest hype. They obviously had quite some money to burn and plenty of space (in HK terms), but they forgot in the end it's about the game and the game field. Instead they wasted lots of money for a dozen Aircondtioners, a fricking huge shooting range (is that really necessary for toy guns?!), changing rooms for men and women, and even shower facilities. I mean that's all fine, but all that can't buy me a good game. The fields design they tried to impress people by putting a lot of props on them (tank, blackhawk chopper, lots of broken cars, some brick walls, containers and stuff), but it's all just eye-candy, because it's still basically just a huge plane grass field with some nice looking objects on it. A game is like each group/team starts from one end of the field and tries to advance by rushing from one object to the next. All the time you can see the enemy as it's just a plane field. What does that resemble? Fricking Paintball. Most hiliarious is the labyrinth made of wood pallets. HKers are not very tall, but many are tall enough to glimpse over these if they stand on their toes. Altogether another paintball field as it's just a shoot'em up like reaction game.

• 3 weeks later...

That's actually quite disappointing. So far, my favorite game sites in HK are the ones where you just wander around and around in dense jungle, never knowing what you'll come across. That's why I loved Combat Games (dunno what it's called now) - Areas 1 and 3 were EXCELLENT!

But, sadly, most people in HK, or many that I played with, adhere to the "I HAVE 1.9J SO I'M BETTER THAN YOU" school of thought. Fortunately the core group of guys I was with (IE, Darklite, JCYC5, among others) were much more into having a good time and not lighting everyone else up like a Christmas tree (though it has happened... I still love you, DL!)

The problem I'm finding is the midway point between all out jungle and room to room CQB... but I guess to reach that in-between point would be terribly costly to a field...

• 2 weeks later...

guys.. any of you guys goes to the HK Toys and Games fair? I'll be there next year - Jan 2009, and is wondering if theres alot of Airsoft related booths? I tried check up the HKTDC website and having a difficulties selecting which vendors actually cater to Airsoft hahahah.. I did found that KA and WELL are definitely having a booth.. oh yah, Armed force is definitely getting 1 booth too..

Any of you guys knows any other vendors, retailers or manufactures getting in the fairs?

Nicholas

@ KWP:

That new site you're talking about sounds very much like GWA (Gulf War Area). If so, then they're suppsoed to be very good, i've been getting a lot of good response from that site.

Even though its airsoft, ppl still want the basic amenities such as a nice cool place to relax during down time. Thats the good thing about being a "weekend warrior/airsofter". You always have access to comfortable environs to relax whenever you need/want to.

There's quite a lot of HK airsoft teams who dont play with the mentality, "we have 1.9j, so we're better than you!" Alot of the teams i play with would rather enjoy a nice 1.0-1.3J friendly game using more skill through, hiding, ambushing, tactics etc... and then sitting back to relax and chat with each other.

if you want some good teams to play with, here are my suggestions, in no particular order:

• The
Obliterators aka OClan

Tactical Airsoft Combat Club aka TACC

I can be found on both of those forums, and am willing and capable of hosting/organizing games for ppl. Just let me know what power you want to play with, the primary language of your opfor, and what kind of environ you want!

At Darklite: Get back here mate, i miss gaming with ya!

Malavern, you realize this is sk8s, right? ;) I'm on the O clan forums as well...

To be honest, having nice facilities often detracts from the game experience in my opinion. So what if I have to ###### in a bush? So what if I'm cooking my food over a butane stove or pulling out a sandwich from a cooler in my backpack? Often, when there's half-decent facilities (IE, tables to eat at) half the players spend too much time hanging around in the safe-zone, and the games are too short. Then again, I love the outdoors and living in Utah is very conducive to that.

This is why I like long games with respawns. There's just something about five-hour long exchanges that can't really be described. I mean, I get to hunker down behind a couple of trees away from the action, down a granola bar, and get back into the game. I can take a ###### whenever I want. I can hike for as long as I want to to get somewhere.

yea, i know you be sk8s... just for formality as aznsk8s is your name on arnies...

anyhow, not everyone has your view, especially the locals, who'd prefer comfort over the outdoors.

Whereas me, i really dont mind, i like both well enough, airsoft to me is fun only when you have the right ppl to play with (or with your friends)

didnt know there was a HK thread...and noob to the forum/airsoft in general

just thought i'd intro myself and say HI to all the other HKers here!

Iv only played a few times but agree that most fields iv played feel like paintball.

I recently got myself a M14 SOCOM and entended the barrel to try my hand at being a sniper but found myself most of the time using a HI-Capa 5.1 to play... it turned out easier in the small fields (with rows of cover) as it was more a sprint game to flank the other team..

as for the jungle games, the bushes in HK are really too thick to see very far and PITA to use a long rifle.. iv just planned to change back to the original length M14 SOCOM but with a 6.01 tightbore... will see how that goes...

@ KWP:

That new site you're talking about sounds very much like GWA (Gulf War Area). If so, then they're suppsoed to be very good, i've been getting a lot of good response from that site.

Even though its airsoft, ppl still want the basic amenities such as a nice cool place to relax during down time. Thats the good thing about being a "weekend warrior/airsofter". You always have access to comfortable environs to relax whenever you need/want to.

There's quite a lot of HK airsoft teams who dont play with the mentality, "we have 1.9j, so we're better than you!" Alot of the teams i play with would rather enjoy a nice 1.0-1.3J friendly game using more skill through, hiding, ambushing, tactics etc... and then sitting back to relax and chat with each other.

if you want some good teams to play with, here are my suggestions, in no particular order:

• The
Obliterators aka OClan

Tactical Airsoft Combat Club aka TACC

I can be found on both of those forums, and am willing and capable of hosting/organizing games for ppl. Just let me know what power you want to play with, the primary language of your opfor, and what kind of environ you want!

At Darklite: Get back here mate, i miss gaming with ya!

Heard GWA sucks big time. W28 seems to be all the hype, just as Xzone was before they were forced to shut down. Some mofos lit up two game sites at W28. I guess with their smoke nades.

is that why Smoke nades are banned now????

nah, they were banned long ago when some alleged "gangsters" bought some smoke grenades, and set them off under someone's front door to scare them into giving them money in the New Territories, as well as some kid who set off a smoke in the middle of a heavily congested street somewhere (cant remember exactly where, but it featured on the news that night).

Also smoke 'nades are a type of pyrotechnic and are thus illegal for use in HK, and the mixture smoke types are also made illegal as the chemical mix used to create the smoke produced heat...

Heard GWA sucks big time. W28 seems to be all the hype, just as Xzone was before they were forced to shut down. Some mofos lit up two game sites at W28. I guess with their smoke nades.

Ahh, so they be different? would you mind passing me W28's website/details? i need to update my list!

It'd be preferable if you just emailed it straight to me @

jeremy.yiu@redwolfairsoft.com

thanks!

• 3 months later...
Are there any games on the near horizon?

I've been out of the loop/game for a few years and just bought some new gear that's begging to be field-tested.

plenty...

come to http://aaobliterators.proboards30.com

and check out the game announcements thread, you're more than welcome to join us!

Dont worry, we're all first language english speakers!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived