Sales forums

Stealthbomber

It's the rules, yet you still have the option of finding other forums to sell via if you don't want to participate in this forum community.

If the thought of participating in threads for at least 100 posts is too much effort, then find somewhere else to do your trading.

Other forums have panicked and closed their sales sections, Arnies hasn't, either take advantage of that fact or don't.

The choice is yours.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say that other forums have panicked, I assume you're speaking predominantly of UK run forums right?

Cause I don't know a single US based forum that's done anything like this that has stuck (ASF was the only one, and they've gone back to the old way).

I, gladly, do have enough posts now to post in the sale section, but there is zero action going on (at least in the US one). While I will still remain a member of Arnies, it looks like I will be having to turn elsewhere to sell items. It's a shame since Arnies was one of the most reliable places to find great buyers and sellers. I've had nothing but good experiences here.

When you say that other forums have panicked, I assume you're speaking predominantly of UK run forums right?

Cause I don't know a single US based forum that's done anything like this that has stuck (ASF was the only one, and they've gone back to the old way).

I, gladly, do have enough posts now to post in the sale section, but there is zero action going on (at least in the US one). While I will still remain a member of Arnies, it looks like I will be having to turn elsewhere to sell items. It's a shame since Arnies was one of the most reliable places to find great buyers and sellers. I've had nothing but good experiences here.

That's your choice though, and no doubt in a week or so once people have gotten their posts up by participating in the community, the sales forum with be alive with activity.

You mean the majority of forum users, unlike other forum's that have completely closed their sales forums? Get some perspective, eh?

Anyone waiting for this to be "fixed", you'll be waiting a long time. It ain't broken.

Well one mans perspective is another mans free speach.

100 post rule is going to lead to a massive amount of thread spamming so that beginers can buy 2nd hand. Or, it will put people off joining the sport.

Clean the doors man. Allow the perspective of another persons point of view into your world!

Well one mans perspective is another mans free speach.

100 post rule is going to lead to a massive amount of thread spamming so that beginers can buy 2nd hand. Or, it will put people off joining the sport.

Clean the doors man. Allow the perspective of another persons point of view into your world!

Free speech? No such thing here. This isn't a democracy. I'm also a tad grumpy right now after a fun night dealing with complaints, so you'll forgive me if I sound a bit tetchy. We knew full well the risk of spammers, what d'you think I was doing last night? Watching what people where posting in order to bump their post-counts up. Guess what? Hardly any spamming took place, but lots of useful contributions were made. Have a bit more faith in people, eh?

What I really want to say is: if it bothers you (or anyone else) that much, start posting some useful contributions and you'll soon get to 100 posts. Or don't. It's up to you.

US forums don't have the VCRA to think about, and don't even get me started on that issue right now. I'm gonna sign off and let other mods take over today.

It's a shame since Arnies was one of the most reliable places to find great buyers and sellers. I've had nothing but good experiences here.""

How will the changes affect who is and isn't a great buyer/seller?

And the other choice is : You can always change the rules back.

That's not a choice open to you.

Free speech? No such thing here. This isn't a democracy. I'm also a tad grumpy right now after a fun night dealing with complaints, so you'll forgive me if I sound a bit tetchy. We knew full well the risk of spammers, what d'you think I was doing last night? Watching what people where posting in order to bump their post-counts up. Guess what? Hardly any spamming took place, but lots of useful contributions were made. Have a bit more faith in people, eh?

What I really want to say is: if it bothers you (or anyone else) that much, start posting some useful contributions and you'll soon get to 100 posts. Or don't. It's up to you.

US forums don't have the VCRA to think about, and don't even get me started on that issue right now. I'm gonna sign off and let other mods take over today.

If you have a webboard or discusion plateform in the UK then you have to allow free speech. That's the law I'm afraid. Its also a European right. In other words, its not actually an option that you can decide you don't want anything to do with.

I am in fact ove 100 posts, what I am "bothered" about is how will this affect the new blood coming into the sport. From creating an account to getting 100 posts WILL mean spamming. You and I both know that.

Personanly, if I were just getting into airsoft and saw the 100 post limitation (restriction - whatever you want to call it) I would just not bother...

Basicaly what you are saying is - earn the right to buy from here by contributing to the forum.

What I am saying, and I will say it despite the fact that you don't want to hear it, is that fair? When you and I didn't have to go through the same thing.

For new starters, it will feel as though everyone with 100+ posts (me included) has rolled the drawbridge up behind them!

New one on me, as far as I'm aware no we bloody well don't. Arnie's forum, Arnie's rules. If you have a link to these laws, I'd like to have a read, thanks.

If I didn't want to hear it, I'd simply delete your posts or even suspend your account. As I have a sense of fair play and am a decent kind of guy (so I'm told, depends on my mood though tbh :P ), I wouldn't dream of doing so.

Your opinion's are valid and are noted, thank you. As you say, by giving your opinion you've managed to bump your post count to over 100 - just by contributing to the forum productively. Wasn't so hard, was it? Anyone can do it.

As of late, there have been an increase in Problems with sales online. Also, an increase in some members joining up just to sell 1 item (sometimes it's not even airsoft and is or has been a scam.)

Arnies Airsoft could have gone along the lines of another Airsoft Forum and decided to just stop all sales threads coming up to the VCRA on the 1st of October, butinstead have tried to come up with an alternative to help members (buyers and sellers) to carry on purchasing or selling goods on these forums. 100 post rule is a bit similar to a system they use on Ebay (alright, not exactly the same but the idea is there) wheras after 10 successful sales the buyer can then sell items (if he's had good feedback mind...)

This rule is here to try and filter out people who will just turn up to sell something and (as has been the case on ore than one occasion) leaving members with no items and running off with their cash. Now it's not going to stop scammers from trying their best (no system is 100% infallible), but it aims to try and make the sales section an easier and friendly place to buy/sell items. I know a lot of people will be upset at these new guidelines, but i think it's fair to say that it's much more easier to get along with than having NO sales sections at all.

Also as pointed out by various members (in this thread and elsewhere) if you're serious (even to a degree) about airsofting, then surely 100 posts in the airsoft sections (not Spam mind) would be an attainable target and would also allow members to contribute more to the community.

My 2 Cents.

New one on me, as far as I'm aware no we bloody well don't. Arnie's forum, Arnie's rules. If you have a link to these laws, I'd like to have a read, thanks.

If I didn't want to hear it, I'd simply delete your posts or even suspend your account. As I have a sense of fair play and am a decent kind of guy (so I'm told, depends on my mood though tbh  :P ), I wouldn't dream of doing so.

Your opinion's are valid and are noted, thank you. As you say, by giving your opinion you've managed to bump your post count to over 100 - just by contributing to the forum productively. Wasn't so hard, was it? Anyone can do it.

Well there you go. You live and learn. All areas under Eureopean legislation are areas of free speech. If that's in the privacy of your own living room, down the pub, or on a server soemwhere in the UK. Arnie rules are not legal, if someone challanged you in court, you would lose, trust me, I know!

But yes I have 100 posts. Great...whooohoooo.... And all the new blood entering the sport? What happens to them? We just all say, I'm alright jack, you earn your right to post, I never had to, but hey, life sucks....

And all the new blood entering the sport? What happens to them? We just all say, I'm alright jack, you earn your right to post, I never had to, but hey, life sucks....

They'll have extra imputus to actually ask questions about what to go for rather than rushing in and buying the cheapest gun possible.

If they're an old timer, then they'll have extra imputus to share their knowledge and participate in discussions.

Last time I checked, there was no automatic right to free speech in the UK. Like I say, if you could link me to this legislation I'd love to read it.

Every day is a school day ;)

Something had to be done, and Arnie took what I and many others think was the best approach. We knew we wouldn't please everybody, but as you say life ain't fair is it? Change happens, and you deal with it as best you can.

Edit: Did you mean this?

Article 10: Freedom of Expression

(1) Everyone has the right of freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without inference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

(2) The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

Although i agree with alot of the posts above, I do think that it will cause a pro-active in Spam post's,

New Airsofter's are coming all the time, They go to a skirmish and as soon as they get home they are already counting their piggy bank to see if they can afford a rifle, Then they realise they have to get 100 Post's before hand, Are you going to just wait a few month gradually building them up?

You want an aeg now, So you spam, and spam, until you reach that milestone.

"That's not a choice open to you."

Sure it is......as a Member, I gave my 2 cents in and hopefully the Staffing of Arnies will think about this.

Sorry, it's not up to the staff - it's up to Arnie alone. We can give our opinions etc, but ultimately he makes the rules.

You want an aeg now, So you spam, and spam, until you reach that milestone.

and as stated, spamming won't be tolerated and the member will either have his spam posts deleted or (extreme measure) supended/warning points and/or banned (breach of main rules)

Sorry to sound like a member of the Gestapo, but we have to follow the rules as well. ;)

Last time I checked, there was no automatic right to free speech in the UK. Like I say, if you could link me to this legislation I'd love to read it.

Every day is a school day  ;)

Something had to be done, and Arnie took what I and many others think was the best approach. We knew we wouldn't please everybody, but as you say life ain't fair is it? Change happens, and you deal with it as best you can.

Edit: Did you mean this?

Article 10: Freedom of Expression

(1) Everyone has the right of freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without inference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

(2) The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

That's the one. You have your freedom of expression, I get to have mine too, just so long as neither of us are actually breaking the law in doing so, discussing robbing a bank for example or stirring up racist views...

But not to get too sidetracked by the European Convention, what Tuner is saying is pretty much what I am saying. This 100+ rule will make it harder for whoever it is you are trying to stop from selling stuff, but it won't actually stop it. In fact, long term, it will make no difference. Just like seeing a seller on ebay who has a good feedback rating is no indication that the shiny new laptop you just dropped 500 for actually exists in the real world!

This new rule is like a speed bumb on a busy street - punishing the inoccent and the would-be rule breaker...

well i think this rule is a good idea.

ok yes it will limit some newbies being able to buy kit straight away but it will in turn make them start becoming more involved with the community and going through most of the other threads/topics on here.

Rather than going to a skirmish one day, really enjoying it and rushing home to sign up to get an aeg, they will then look into the sport in more depth and ask questions ( the ever popular "what aeg should i get?" thread).

the reward will be becoming more informed about their new hobby, reaching the 100 post milestone and will more than likely make a better purchase in the end.

if you are deterred, then chances are you aren't a true airsofter and have probably watched too many action/war films. and maybe not old enough to drive yet. :)

Arnies is still my first, and more often than not, only point of call for info and goodies.

Keep it up.

my 2 cents.

I see a trend here, people with >100 posts think its a great idea, people <100 posts think its bad. as one of the latter I think its bad that I'm a good buyer (not sold anything) and am about 70 something posts away from being able to continue this.

somewhat ill conceived idea imo

Archived