new CA prototype photos

IronWolf

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill admit im not an aug fan i was very glad to see it.. and i think if you can hot swap the scope to scope mount people would love it / buy it. everyone wants an aug mil but the tm scope sucks (my impression not fact dont hit me) anyway good to see the 74 awsome to see the G36K i think classic army is getting into a position to kick marui

yep, very excited to see the CA aug- just hope it comes with all the old TM problems, like the plastic hop chamber nd cracking feed nipple, dealt with, otherwise you'd have to wonder what the point would be over getting a TM aug civ or a CA AUG civ, as the CA would offer little new, whereas the TM would at least have reliable internals.

and hopefully...HOPEFULLY... the CA Aug mil scope will be better than the rubbish 1.5X15 tm scope, which, from experience, I can say is no good for anything.

too small a recticle to make it any good for spotting or reconnaissance, and too weak a magnification for it to be any good for target shooting.

come on CA, make it 3x 15, and at least then it'll have a point...

otherwise, its the Civ version for me, and I MUCH prefer the look of the AUG mil.

hey, wonder if CA will make an H-bar AUG? now THAT would be sweet :)

My only real question would be about the G36K. The AUG is cool don't get me wrong (funny how that guy who posted here about it a while ago was right, there will be one), but will it just be one of their G36Cs with one of their old extended outer barrels or will it be the same carbon fiber found on the origonal CA36C. Also, will they be using a dummy scope (basically will it need another $100.00 in replacement parts) or will they actually do a good job on it. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I can't remember Classic Army ever releasing optics on a weapon of theirs so this should be interesting. The AUG looks great so far, but I wonder what kind of innovations it will include? The TM version is already heavy and solid although I hope they use some higher quality plastics on the shell of the weapon. They will probably fix the feeding nozzle problem and aside form that give it some internal upgrades. Wouldn't it be cool though, if they figured out some way to put in larger batteries or something? I'm not really going to comment on the AK. The ICS one is looking cooler in my opinion because of the innovative gearbox design but I have heard that the CA one appears to have a higher quality body (whats new right?) Finally its great to see the MC51, it looks pretty near to completion and I Wouldn't mind getting my hands on some kind of Full metal G3 variant, so we'll just have to see how that one turns out. All in all I think its going to be a pretty good year for airsoft, companies like CA and ICS and G&P are really looking outstanding, I only hope that this will force TM into doing something even better to stay on top of the airsoft market. In this case, competition really is going to be good to the consumer! So many guns, so little money :(

HUZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the AUG Mil in black! Dudes thats the best *fruitcage* thing ive seen EVER!

Yes i know I own a TM Mil and I know that theyre probably identical but who gives a *beep*, theyre NOT armalites. The 36 looks fab too.

Theres a good chance that the Aug mil body wont stay black. They may change it to the traditional green, but they may make interchangeable scopes, so you can get an AUG civ and then buy a mil scope.

Im very interested in the MC-51, if they make a good job out of it, it could well be a "perfect weapon". High power, all metal, massive mag, big battery and short barrel for all situations.

Crazy Harry, unfortunately, the AUG's scope is a 1.5x15mm scope and most likely, the airsoft ones will continue to replicate this.

I hope they decide to adopt some AUGa1 changes like a bayonet lug and the new flash hider though.

I am very glad CA are making great strides forward in airsoft, but I feel that they may be outdistancing their production capabilities. Most of the time, half the M15 variants are out of stock so I'm hoping these new models won't interfere with that.

I like Marui and all, but CA is really winning me over. Suggestions for both companies:

Marui: Go back and fix all your problems that you know you have with every model....that can only be a good thing

CA: Try to clean up the sound in the gearboxes.

that is all I have for now...but as soon as I get my M15A4....I might have some more....

~Prometheus

Hmm. Why can I see TM's sales going down faster than a 747 with no wings!

Not only have TM dropped their AUG mil but they are going to be beaten to the punch on a G36K. Add to that ICS's excellent (if pricey) contributions and G&G's M14 and TM are not looking too healthy.

Maybe that's why Tokyo Marui stopped making the Military Aug? Classic Army could be getting the scopes from Tasco now?

Either way, I'm excited about it. Even if I can't find a TM copy I will have an alternative- it should also cut down on the people hunting them.

So first they reveal plans to release an M4 in the style I've always wanted, and now they're releasing Augs. It's like they're in my head. :nosleep:

Jedigreedo raised an interesting point. TM and CA could be dividing the market between them which if i remember my AS level economics is a cartel and is just a weensy bit illegal. Certainly the dropping of the AUG by TM and the production of a new one by CA seems nice and convenient. <humms X-files tune>

Very good point. But wouldn't you think that TM would drop it's armalite series to CA? CA's have always been quoted as "better". I would think that the more money for a cartell would be for Marui to take the spaceage style guns like the FN P90 and AUG, whilst CA takes Armalites and MP5s........

~Prometheus

Archived