Non-national/civ/merc/PMC gear

p.briden

Belladonna, isnt that just a variation on the UMBRELA Merc in the 2nd RE film?

Anyway, Decided on

Black Turtle neck top

Black watch Cap

Flectarn Parka

OG Combat trousers

Magnum hi leg boots

Chi Com chest rig & AK47S for a short

G3 and 58 Pattern Belt order(no yoke) for a long

with a berreta in a PLCE Holster

I think that would be a decent mix of Hard as FCUK and Effective soldier

no

as they wore night tiger pants

grey bdu shirts,

black flackjackets, with black SAAVs over,

;)

youll see what i mean ;)

R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danke.

So have you got the gear or know where to get it?

I know where to pick up Tac tigers, however it may take a month or two to get to you.

You can pick them up at Tiger Stripe Products' website. They're used to large orders, so smaller ones will more than likely take a while to get to you. As you can see from this pic, they're perfect for night ops

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/ube...EStactigers.jpg

In my experience a lot of Mercs (as opposed to modern PMC types) tend to wear either the camo of the former nation they belonged to or the camo of the country they are fighting in.

As they are not limited by kit restrictions in the same way as militaries or even PMCs, its pretty much pick and choose what works for you.

For a late 90s woodland loadout i would use an omega style vest, dpm shirt and trousers, junglies or lowas depending on the weather, shemagh and wark kit depending on weather, OD flight gloves and whatever headwear you want. Mounted to the vest i would have a webbing belt with a couple of ALICE mag pouches, buttpack and a pistol holster of some description.

weapon-wise i would have an early m16 variant or if possible an xm177e2, with a browning hi-power for a sidearm.

Basically, one of my close friend's dads was in the Rhodesian SAS before working in sierra Leone in the late 90s. In the pictures i have seen he is wearing pretty much what i described above, as are most of his comrades, with a mixture of m16 varients, G3s and a couple of sawn off FN MAGs for weapons. It looks uber cool!

Darkchild

guild: i think yous confused, the merc loadout i said id try, isnt that :P

and no, i have stars, Alice, and jill loadouts :P

R

My mistake.

I wasnt sure if you meant you had the stuff from other loadouts but hadnt put it together as one ensomble or you were going to go out and get it.(What with you being a student I thought that unlikely.)

I think that I'm going to go with something like this for my pmc load out:

5.11 pants in Coyote

black Patrol Fleece

5.11 ATAC boots

Black Hawk patrol cap

An easily concealed waist holster for your pistol, probably a Black Hawk Serpa holster

And dual drop-leg platforms for magazines and whatnot

For the gun I'd probably use whatever is easy and comfortable for me to use, and would work with the environment I'm in. For CQB style combat I'd use an mp5, and for woodland a g36 or m4 variant, but nothing too bulky. It is illegal for a PMC to use the camouflage currently in use in any country, so try avoid doing that.

My name is syd, and I am a kit wh***

any way, to business, I’ve been thinking about an S African Merc impression since I read Unscathed, about a Mountain & Arctic warfare cadre Major trapped by the rebels and Op Certain death, about Op BARAS, to rescue the Irish rangers held by the west side boys.

I remember reading about the Merc’s serving in sierra Leone in Combat and Survival back in the 90's, but I can’t decide on a load out that is defiantly Merc in west Africa/ Sierra Leone so any suggestions would be welcome.

I was thinking DPM Tropical’s or US Jungle OG's but I want to stay away from one solid nation, the same problem with a green T shirt and the two different trousers. The only solution I can see is DPM Tropics trousers, Green/Khaki shirt with "Wild geese" rank on the epaulettes.

I'm trying to pick up an SA chest rig, and Thinking again of an AK74 or Early colt carbine, backed up by a 1911, but what to wear.

There was an ex-czech air force one on ebay a few months back for £23,000, in airworthy condition, which is fantastic for an aircraft of any type (except, perhaps microlights). Problem was it was pick up only from the czech republic and you had to get the weapons deactivated by yourself. What license is it you need in this country for a 12.7mm gatling gun?

We did actually consider hiring a chopper for one of our special games, but it turns out it's illegal to fire weapons from an aircraft without permission from the CAA.

cheers,

matt

Well an FAC says no expanding ammo, so the 4 X rocket pods are out.

Didnt they also have a few MI-18 Hips in sierra Leone apparently cost a million each for EO, who gave em to SLA as part of the contract. I think one of the main questions about most of the S L issue was why did NATO/UN persuade SL Gov. not to employ Mercs. post Sandline, but the military support took another 24 months to arive in force.

Wouldnt BB's get sucked into the rotors in the down draft?

Archived