US WWII Kit

TheMerchantOfVenice

And before you ask, I am just interested in what they wear and how much it is. I AM NOT PLANNING ON USING THIS AS A LOADOUT (yet :P)

What I think when you say :World War 2 US Infantryman with a Thompson!

-M1 Helmet with Cover and Paint. Foliage, too.

-OD BDU shirt and pants

-US Pistol Belt...1940s style

-Thompson Mag pouches

-US leather pistol holster

-Thompson

-US-type boots These are interesting!

OD BDUs, no. Either get the wool shirt and trousers or HBTs. HBTs are $125 from What Price Glory

Helmet, only cover should be a net. Unless you're doing USMC. You should be able to find one pretty cheap on Ebay.

You don't really need mag pouches, just get the mag bag. Again, What Price Glory or At The Front.

At The Front also has genuine WW2 issue pistol belts in stock for $34.99. WPG has them, but they are repros and are a bit bigger to fit larger modern reenactors better. Remember to get a pistol mag pouch too. The WW2 pistol belts had a snap on them that went with a snap on the mag pouch to keep it in place.

Make sure the holster is brown, not black.

Those boots are pretty close. Just wrong soles. I think they should be good enough for airsoft. EDIT: The double-buckle boots were introduced to everybody, even the paratroops in late 44.

Here is my WW2 infantry getup. But with service shoes and leggings instead of the double-buckle boots.

100_0182.jpg

100_0183.jpg

actually, the average infantry man in ww2 didnt have boots. only the airborne and a few other select units had full leather boots. the average gi wore service shoes with leggins.

Not true.

Double buckle boots were extremely common...corcoran jump boots however is what you are thinking of.

TMV,

Heres what I would do.

I would go to a thrift store and look for the following items:

M41 like jacket:

usunim41mainqw6.jpg

Basically just a zip or button up tan jacket.

And a pair of brown wool pants...hopefully a light (in weight not color) one.

They will not be 100% correct...but it will look pretty good.

Get those boots, and a mag bag from ATF.

Once you get your money you can go buy a repro M41 and pants, but for now thrift store is fine IMO.

My super cool eventual "I Want WWII Airsoft and you fools (referring to my friends, who are German and I'm Italian) will be Germans!" (Which they'll all do)

-M1 Helmet Take off the cover.

-Helmet Net

-WWII Repro Uniform

-Belt

-Suspenders

-Canteen

Add in other essentials like the boots, lots and lots of research, that burlap-type foliage in the helmet, a Tommy gun, a 1911 and a BROWN US holster, and I've got WWII US!

EDIT:

Just quick question to the WWII guys out there, how much was your total kit (not the gun, the kit)

A cheap way of doing US 'mustard' trousers is the current Britsh Amry 'no2 uniform' dress trousers. Full uniforms cost about £15 nthe uk and you can get small sizes of the trouser for abut a fiver.

Shipping my be prohibice but either www.camo.co.uk 'sabre sales' or 'springfields' in the uk will stock them.

Now to scare you over how much my UK Airborne loadout cost, note I'm a re-enactor as well so this loadout is more or les 90 per cent historically accurate, if i were to pick holes in my own kit I'd say my boots should be brown not black as a commisioned officer and the rain cape is 1944 pattern whcih never saw service in the uk/europe until after the war, war ones were tan, bizzalrey wwi ones were green...

Oh and my helmet chinstra is wrong so i dont wear the helmet for re-enacment events.

You can do British Airborne for less than £200 for 'looks right for airsoft'

However i have spent.....

from the top

Helmet & net £20

Beret and badge £20

Cap comforter £5

Cam scrim Scarf £5

Battledress jacket and trousers £85

Insignia £20

Denison smock £165

Shirt & tie £15

Webbing approx £100 (ive three sets for different jobs)

Ammo Boots £30

Deac webley £135

Airsoft revolver £95

Ammo bandoliers x2 £10

WWII field dressings £5

Swagger stick £6

Mug £3

Pack contents inclduing period wash kit etc £20

No4 lee enfield £500

rain cap £5

Clasp knife and lanyard £10

1942 bausch and lomb binoculars £10

so that works out at....

£1219 on the *one* loadout....

To reassure folk thugh a lot of this was bought when I dint know much better and *did not* get the best prices I could and I've also got lots of kit you dont need for airsoft as it was initially bought for re-enactment railway shows and the like

You can do a skirmishable staffords loadout for abut £200 excluding weapons that will look pretty much as good if you dont carry the world with you like I do.

You could do.

Maroon Beret (post war) and badge £10 (any surplus store but buy big, wwii ones were huge)

Repro Denison £60

Fighting order 37 webbing £20

Brown wool trouser £10

Gaiters £3

Boots dms £15

total of £118 and from 20 foot away you'd look just as good.....

In these pics im wearing the £1200 option, Yiths in the £200 option...not a lot in it really at gaming range.

dscf0178.jpg

dscf0202.jpg

dscf0206.jpg

dscf0175.jpg

Oh and the sites not mine, i just moderate it, daveand yith do all the hard work :)

If I got this helmet, and this netting, once the cover was removed, would it be accurate on the outside? The inside is not a problem. Also, could I use a non-WWII, post-war liner? I have one, but its beat up, and my local surplus store has 'em for $5.

I really am all for accuracy, and If I ever go to a reenactment, looking farby is not an option.

A few more questions regarding gear on The Sportsmans' Guide:

Are these accurate? I choose them because the other ones are only in men's size 8. I have Men's size 11.

In these pics im wearing the £1200 option, Yiths in the £200 option...not a lot in it really at gaming range.

Though I'd like to point out that in those pics, the No4 and Sten are both mine (though Gadge does now have his own No4). Also the denison I was wearing was borrowed (I now I have two better ones, with a third on its way) and the beret and trousers I'm wearing have been replaced with better ones as well... :)

Anyway... this thread is about US airborne loadouts not brit...

Though I'd like to point out that in those pics, the No4 and Sten are both mine (though Gadge does now have his own No4). Also the denison I was wearing was borrowed (I now I have two better ones, with a third on its way) and the beret and trousers I'm wearing have been replaced with better ones as well... :)

Anyway... this thread is about US airborne loadouts not brit...

Rich it wasnt a dig at your kit thepoint i was trying to make is you dont have to spend thousands to look 'right' and its only detail to an enthusiast that would be noticed.

Archived