Need advice on first AEG

Stuey

Hello everybody,

My friend is about to buy first AEG. He is under 18 so unfortunately he is limited to the 2-tone guns from Airsoft World: http://www.airsoftworld.co.uk/acatalog/2-Tone_Guns_.html

His first choice was the JG M4 S-System, because he likes all the rails and wants to put lots of stuff on it - which is fair enough. But for a first gun I thought the JG G36C would be a better choice, because from what I've heard they shoot really nicely and are very reliable. They also have a good Hop-Up unit (don't M4s have a bad Hop-Up?).

My only issue with the G36C would be that it has a short barrel so would not be incredibly accurate, but then again my Spetsnaz has an even shorter barrel and I use that outdoors with no problems, so I think it wouls be fine.

Of course, they would both probably be fine so I'm just interested to know what more experienced players think.

Stu

For what it's worth, a friend recently bought a JG G36C and it compares very favourably to my other friends TM G36C. Not a lot of difference between them. Very accurate over 40 metres, which is all you'll need. I can't comment on the JG M4 rifles, but I have a metal bodied D-Boys that is just as good as the Classic Army M4 I was shooting yesterday. We were swapping them over, and the owner of the Classic Army couldn't believe how good the D-Boys shot.

Hi , if this helps my brother has a JG G36C,its a really nice little gun , shoots consistantly at 320fps,RIS rails on the top ,side rails are nice and cheap purchased separately,its never let him down , battery is good for a full days skirmishing, a very accurate gun i cant recommend it enough ! ..Puts my CA M4 CQB to shame !

The barrel on the G36c should be plenty. There really isn't much noticeable difference between the two barrels.

I personally would go with the M4, because they are very easy to disassemble. I also think V2 gearboxes are easier to work on. Sounds like preference is more of a factor though. Both are fine, just get whichever he likes more.

Ive got both JG weapons, after reading loads of reviews on getting the best for my cash these two came shining through.

Theyre both fairly short guns, good fun, well made and look a little bare on purchase and need some bits and bobs. On quality they are very good, Id say the M4 is better overall allthough with its copious ammounts of metal there are more scuffs and scratches.

Both been used for woodland skirmishing and both work well in terms of power and accuracy. No problem with my M4 hop, just a duff battery and a broken selector switch on the g36c.

The G36c has a top, bottom, and 2 side RIS rails ($15 extra) which is quite a lot of 'stuff' to find to shove on.

Im going to have to say G36c as the gun to be buried with though. One for the archaeologists :)

Barrel length doesn't affect accuracy in airsoft, unlike real guns, we've done that one to death.

The G36c is solid, extremely accurate (get a good red dot for it), has 470bb hi-caps which can empty on a full wind, folding stock, V3 gearbox which is so much easier to get at than a M4

well said xaccers, the g36 gearbox is a doddle to work on , and the g36 range is so modular , you can have 3 or 4 weapons just by changing foregrips and rails etc.

Also , every one and there dog has an M4!

if you really want to you can change the G36 magwell and share m16/m4 mags too !

I cant recommend the g36 family enough.

Jim

Hi

Thanks for confirming the fact that barrel length doesn't matter that much I didn't think it did.

To everyone who based part pf their recommendation on how easy the gearbox is to work on - as both of these guns fire at just under 350 FPS out of the box, my friend won't be needing to do any gearbox work unless it breaks, so gearbox access isn't really very important.

He's more interested that the gun will work flawlessly without any extra work, and from what I can see the general consensus seems to be that either gun would be fine and it's just down to his personal choice - which would be the M4 S-System.

Thanks,

Stu

The d-boys s-system is very wobbly, you have to seriously tighten things up as the foregrip is held on by the top rail, which in turn is only held on by a tab at one end and a small screw at the other.

On mine I had to glue the rail down, then seriously tighten the bolts which hold the s-system on.

I would imagine the JG is similar, though probably better put together.

V2 gearboxes are a pain if anything does go wrong, eventually the front of the gearbox can crack off. The motor floats in the pistol grip meaning every time you take it out, you're changing the alignment.

V3 on the other hand are lovely, the motor is held in a cage so it's alignment doesn't change, much easier to resolve any jams.

As they'll be used to skirmish at a site with PLI (assuming that's correct) they can be resprayed.

If you respray the green parts of the M4, you'll be spraying over the selector markers and have to take the gearbox out anyway which is a real pain in the backside.

The G36 on the other hand, the foregrip, rail and stock come off easily.

Thanks Xaccers for that insight into the S-System. My mate will be really disappointed if his rails fall or something...I'm going to have to seriously get him to change his mind and get the G36C.

You can get extra side rails for a G36C, right? Would the "Guarder 10cm RIS side rails for G36 (Twin set)" on this page fit: http://www.airsoftworld.co.uk/acatalog/Rep...ks___Grips.html?

My friend might be more inclined to get the G36C if he knows he can get lots of rails for it.

Yes I've heard about V2 gearboxes not being the strongest in the world, and baceuse the M4 will be shooting at about 330-340 FPS it might not last as long a TM at 280 would.

Stu

a v2 gearbox can handle 330-340 fps with no problems.

Until the front of the gearbox snaps off, however that normally takes over 2 years to happen (mate's CA M15), but can happen sooner (my TM MP5, and another mate's ICS MP5 after about 6 months)

Keep an eye on it through the mag well and it can normally be replaced before it cracks all the way through.

You can get extra side rails for a G36C, right? Would the "Guarder 10cm RIS side rails for G36 (Twin set)" on this page fit: http://www.airsoftworld.co.uk/acatalog/Rep...ks___Grips.html?

yes those are the ones, going to order a load now, chris over at http://www.alpha55.co.uk has some for sale at the moment as well as a pile of other very cheap clearance stuff, scopes etc.

all the bottom lugs on all 4 of my g36c mags have 'crapped' out and broken off over the last 4 skirmishes, mags work perfectly though just wont clip together

she looked so meaty with 3 clipped together, awesome semi support, ran all 3 mags non stop back to back in about 2 mins 1500BB's! in one game and she was still rocking and rolling at the end of the day

I have both and the JG S-system (D-boys s-system sucks, cheaply made) is a very very solid gun, so is the G36, but the s-sys has more metal, can take upgrades much easy, and from what I can tell shoots the same as the G36(if not a little beter) it realy just depends on what style of gun you like more, but I would tell you to get the S-system.

They are both very nice starter guns.

I have both and the JG S-system (D-boys s-system sucks, cheaply made) is a very very solid gun, so is the G36, but the s-sys has more metal, can take upgrades much easy, and from what I can tell shoots the same as the G36(if not a little beter) it realy just depends on what style of gun you like more, but I would tell you to get the S-system.

They are both very nice starter guns.

Any problems fitting the battery in the foregrip?

On the M4 I had to reroute the guns wires over the top of the barrel for the battery to sit a bit better, this the probelm?

My M4 is much more powerfull than the G36c. Pre october purchase.

Refitting the trigger and other pin when putting the g36c gearbox back together was a right ball ache, had to use extra hands as the spring and trigger bit kept wanting to break free.

On the M4 I had to reroute the guns wires over the top of the barrel for the battery to sit a bit better, this the probelm?

My M4 is much more powerfull than the G36c. Pre october purchase.

Refitting the trigger and other pin when putting the g36c gearbox back together was a right ball ache, had to use extra hands as the spring and trigger bit kept wanting to break free.

Yeah, the double trigger of V3 gearboxes can be a tricky little bugger at times :)

OK cheers tippmann it's good to have some feedback from someone who actually owns the gun. Looks like I'll have to go back to my original decision - my friend can get whatever he prefers, which I know will be the M4.

Thanks guys anyone have anything else to say about these guns?

Stu

Touch wood never had a problem with that bit yet.

There's always next time!!

Greg.

It's a bit like the anti reversal latch spring, in some gearboxes it's not a problem, in others, it's evil and waits for you to nearly close the gearbox before it throws the ARL out of place!

Any problems fitting the battery in the foregrip?

All the JG M4 S-systems have a slight problem with the battery connectors but I found away to strip the front assembly of the m4 and fix the problem, Ive done it for all my friends who have the JG M4 S-sys. It only takes about 15minutes if its your first try. After you do it, the battery will go in very easy.

If you want to know how to do this just send me a Pm and I will tell you how.

Archived