Star L1A1 @ Redwolf!

Airsoftperson

I can see your point noodles. But i've found, apart from anything else. People quite often don't take their hits when hit with single shot.. its like it has to be raining plastic before the hand will shoot up! (unless you have an overpowered sniper rifle that embeds a bb under the skin) Also i must say the constant speed loading.. putting away, taking out, losing behind a bush gets rather tiresome after a while. I am a big fan of the slr but come on folks.. these arn't real guns and don't function like them! They shoot plastic balls a few hundred feet!! a Star L1a1 aeg dosn't have an awesome stopping power and kick like a horse either!

..oh and i am a rubbish shot as well :)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

..So i was changing the spring on my slr and the spring guide shot out, bashed into the wall and snapped in half.. sweet! Time for an upgrade I think. Does any one know if the the l1a1 uses a v3 gearbox? if so, any recomendations for a good spring guide? i had my eye on a Prometheus EG spring guide Tornado Shaft V3 but wasnt sure if it would fit.

damn.. promethus v3 spring guide arrived and dosnt fit the slr.. by the look of it none of the v3s will fit as the tab bits at the side are too long. Plus no one appears to sell the star made spring guide. Any one got any suggestions? i've mailed star, but ive mailed them before and ive never had a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine. First it ran well got a few shoots of. Then a open it up. Thats when the problems started. The singel fire stoped to work but it did work on full auto when i put the top cover on the full auto stoped to work and it just klicks. What is the problem?

Rotate the fire selector all the way around one way, if it doesn't fire, try the other way.

The Star L1A1 selector wasn't really designed for auto, hence the selector pops out from engaging the selector plate on the mechbox.

And its not a V3 mechbox, it is a proprietory type similar to a v3 but is longer in places and doesn't lock up like a V3. If it was a V3 it would be using a SIG/medium motor, but this uses the AK/Short motor instead

As for the accuracy, the reason why it curves left/right is because the barrel is a 2 piece outer barrel and the front section past the front sight is always misaligned with the rear section. Most of my friends have cut the front section short, rethreaded and stuck on a silencer with the inner barrel free floating off that inside.

Also, it comes default with a tightbore so sticking another tightbore in is kinda moot.

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I represent my

L1A1 Star custom Sniper rifle.

07795576i.jpg

Structure:

Guarder 3-9x40 Scope

King Arms Fal scope мount

Gearbox Tuning:

Systema inner barrel 6,04 590мм

CA AUG cylinder set 

CA Super Torque Up HELICAL gears 

Deep Fire Piston  ( Full Metal Teeth / Titanium Coated )

Custom Spring Guide with Bearing

Custom Wire and BTS555 key

CA Exreme Motor

Systema m160 spring

9.6v 2000Mah GP 

Muzzle velocity 0.2g bb = 168-170 m\c or 557FPS 

MAX distance 0,25g bb 90m = 295f

Good accuracy. 

• 1 year later...

Archived