Your experiences with Fire-Support?

Solid Snake.pt

I was unable to get some Classic Army parts locally as my usual retailer says their importation of CA materials is on hiatus for some private reason, so I decided to try ordering from abroad. Having had good experiences with ordering airsoft items within the EU and general goods from the UK, I decided to give Fire-Support a shot, having had good references to their shop.

I paid via bank transfer with no problem once I had the necessary details e-mailed quickly to me from them. I waited just little over a week when I decided to mail them asking whether they had received the payment or not, given I hadn't any response thus far.

I got a reply saying that the money had been confirmed past Wednesday and the parcel would be shipped on Thursday.

Friday comes and still no reply. So early Saturday I send a mail asking what's the status. I get told it has been shipped, but they were unable to give me a tracking number due to issues in the courier's (Interlink Express) IT system. Fine, I shrugged and waited once more on the promise that Monday I'd get the details.

So here is Monday and I got my details - apparently my item was dispatched today according to the tracker (whether this is to fault over the IT over at Interlink or Fire-Support for giving me an excuse I'll never know). But it doesn't matter, my items are on the way, right?

Well, here's where I alarmed myself and the reason why I'm creating this topic.

Your order from FIRESUPPORT LIMITED has been despatched today 10 Dec 2007 and will be delivered

by Interlink Express the next working day.

Please remember that someone will need to be available to sign for the goods at:

<My name>

<My street number and floor>

<City>

PORTUGAL

<Postal Code>

My main address name was missing! :nosleep: Basically the package would enter the city without any route to pursue further! I've already mailed them (Interlink) about it.

My question is, is it possible that somehow this was rushed into the informatics system and the actual package is properly indicated? Is this common practice? Or could it'd been Fire-Support's fault somehow? :mellow:

The e-mails were all quickly replied to, in a polite and helpful manner and I got a good impression of the retailer. Are they usually this sloppy, could it be because of Christmas coming up? Am I just overreacting and having knee-jerk reactions all over the place? :flamed:

On a side note, I'd like to admit: I am an impatient person, but I do like to keep things under control. I'm the kind of person that keeps thinking 'what if?' so I try to keep all my bases covered. Hence why I went ahead with continuous questions and this topics.

Thanks in advance to any replies

Also, if Portugal's postcode system is anything like ours then the courier should be able to find you with just the house number and postcode. Even if they can't, presumably either you or Fire Support can get in touch with the courier and give them the rest of the address.
Good point, I'd forgotten about it! I checked and the entire postal code is directly linked to my street and a range of numbers (in which my address is). Thanks. :)

I'll update once I get the goods.

I ordered from them on the phone yesturday mid morning today i had a nice shiny new Mag for my SVd no spring in it though <_< quick phone call they said no problems and were sending me one out straight away no fuss.

highly recommend frank and his crew! :)

I can only praise FS I had a gun off of them and the gear box failed after about 3 months so i took it back and they put a new gear box in, i got 1 1/2 days use out of the new gear box so i took it back again and they swapped it for a different model of gun. In my opinion it is the best customer service i have ever had with anything.

I've used fire support over 10 times I'd say, they only messed up once when they sent me some Guarder bushings instead of Systema, they sent me some systema ones the minute I phoned them, and asked if I could just send the Guarder ones back when I got the time. Top Marks. Plus they have loads of bits and bobs (mostly internals) that no other UK retailers stock.

Highly recomend them for internal parts the best retailer for it.

Ice

Archived