Window Cleaner saw guns

Handsome Pete

This reminds me of when I was 13, and I wanted my first airsoft-gun (just a springer, we just thought they were cool)...

We finally made our mom (me and my 12 year old brother) to go along on the idea, but our father was steadfast that we were never allowed to get them, seeing as they were both illegal and (to him at least) VERY dangerous.... I threw a fit about it, got very upset, and was angry at my parents for a long time.. But when I got older, and especially when I finally got my first gun (bought and payed for by myself) at 18, I understood that what they'd done was right, in not letting me have them...

I dunno if this will apply to this too, but remind him that as soon as he turns 18, he can buy all the guns he wants ;)

Best Regards :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one side I think I'm becoming a bit more conservative, and support the parents' right to set the rules in their house.

Then again I can't really respect the way this is being handled via a window cleaner and the police. Parents lack authority after all? Well, what do you expect from anti-gun treehuggers. ;D

-Sale

This is a sorry tale and also one that should be left to the parents and youngster to sort out, how a family etc works is frankly none of our business.

DazJW

How old is he?

I'd never let my parents get away with that.

And that comment obviously shows how mature you are and how much respect you have for your parents.

can the police stop you from skirmishing?

fortunatly, my parents dont mind me having my guns, hell, they even give me a lift to skirmishes! my dad owns a shotgun so i guess a few airsoft replicas dont make a difference :D my parnets look at it like; its your money, just dont be stupid!

its always a shame when someone ruins fun for someone, that bloody window cleaner! its obvious he skirmishes with them, the way the police just said "bring them in" shows that they are not too bothered bby it, but at the end of the day police protocol will always be ######!

i hope everything gets sorted out for him, lets just keep our fingers crossed eh?

And that comment obviously shows how mature you are and how much respect you have for your parents.

I'm 19, they've no right to be stealing my own property and have it destroyed by the police.

The specifics of my situation differ to that of the story posted obviously.

Archived