Converting a glock AEP to take another battery....

Rhysd2

Someone I saw once modded his to take an 11.1v lipo inside the pistol without any external wiring. RoF was ludicrous.

I tried to ask him to show me how he did it, but apparently the mod made the slide take a lot of effort to remove, so no luck there.

FWIW, before ACMGames went down someone fit a 7.4v lipo (chicklet style) into a CM030 with a bit of creative wirework. Alas, the tutorial has been lost to the servers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't dream of putting anything more than 7.2v through it, with a max mAh rating of around 1800-2000.

I'm going to get a 6V 3300/3700mAh pack to try as I'm sure that will be plenty, I'm not planning to use full auto much on it anyway.

I've been running my MP7 (essentially the same internally) on 7.2V 3700mAh packs for around 18 months without any problems, but then it's a Marui.

The CYMA internals are pretty good but for longevity's sake I'll use a bit less power. I think the motor is the limiting factor here, reliability-wise...

Will have to take photos of mine as I am able to now use both the internal battery but also an external supply via a lanyard conversion.

The other benefit of this is that you can fully upgrade the internals! With a full internal upgrade the 18c will fire at around 0.85 joules.

pb291013mediummo1.jpg

Also with the Nineball Lanyard plug you can create a more secure cable, as now the tension is on the loop and cable rather than on the solder joints inside the gun. After this picture was taken a large ziptie is attached just behind the hole to prevent the cable from pulling through.

pc021035mediumdi7.jpg

The same is also done on the belt attachment, remember that you need to leave enough cable so that the battery can slip into the pocket or pouch.

pc021036mediumcy3.jpg

Oh forgot to mention, this one has no issues running on a 9.6v battery.

Miah: Your glock was extremely used. I don't remember how many rounds I put through that thing.

I've seen someone hack a project box and craft it to look like a laser attatchment. He hacked a 9.6v 1100 mah mini and chopped the serial number area down to fit the battery. He also had a cheap laser pointer in there as well so it actually did function as a laser.

After going through the pistol lanyard and prolight on previous aeps, I would redo an aep with the prolight. I just didnt like the lanyard, wasn't for me. One of my old setups used a m90 spring and fired flawlessly with the prolight. ROF was still good as well. No need to up the voltage, at least in my setup

Yeah..by the time it got to me it was pretty tired & definately had some issues. Picked up a parts Glock & had a lot of the bits swapped around to a large degree & it's good to go again although scarcely resembles what I originally purchased. Even put the performance back down to near stock levels with a stock spring for the moment.

Finally decided I definately didn't want to go the lanyard route & put it up for sale in the classifieds, maybe it'll do someone else some good.

Miah

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys, Sorry for bring this back up, but I couldnt let this thread die..

Here are some pics of my External LAM unit project.. I tryed to replicate the LAM unit project that Chino made on ASR, I made the battery box completely out of a VCR tape..

I have $80 in internals coming in soon, So I hope it turns out well..

S6300202.jpg

S6300204.jpg

S6300205.jpg

S6300206.jpg

S6300208.jpg

S6300203.jpg

Let me guys know what you think.. I Re-wired my Gerbox, so I thought some of you may be interested..

Again, Sorry..

I found that 8.4v on mine made the bushes smell of burning, and its a TM

i now use a high 3700 MAH 7.2v

No, 7.2 is never enough!

Plus, MY Elite Cells you see in the pic have a Memory problem so I thought, Why not? Plus, I have a set of new Metal bushings comming in along with the other upgrade parts, So its all good.

If I did have only a 7.2 Set up, It would acctually work better. I have a Cut-down Deands connector indstead of the stocked electrical Set up, But if I took away one cell from the gun, There would be a lot more room for things. Like a Full deans connector or maybe a Mosfet unit.

I reckon if you only put 3 cells in the 'LAM' you'd have room for a laser module in there.

Hurry up and finish it so we can see what it looks like :D

Edit;

I found that 8.4v on mine made the bushes smell of burning

More likely the motor making that smell ;)

If you don't want an external battery, You can do it like this guy did it; http://www.airsoftsverige.com/V6/viewtopic...124&t=57322

Quite neat, and works good. It's a 7,4V LiPoly battery. I wont translate, you can figure it out from the pictures.

Its... Its too hard?.. :P

Only jokeing, Very nice job.

Did you eliminate the stocked connector completely? I am still not done reading it, But it looks very interesting..

Edit, What brand of LiPoli battery did you use?

Hmmm, It should look like the one Chino has on ASR, But I am not worried about looks. I want Performance +LASER!!!
Edited for truth :P

If you don't want an external battery, You can do it like this guy did it; http://www.airsoftsverige.com/V6/viewtopic...124&t=57322

Quite neat, and works good. It's a 7,4V LiPoly battery. I wont translate, you can figure it out from the pictures.

Don't all LiPos have a third wire for charging (something to do with balancing the cells)?

Archived