PANTAC Mar-CIRAS Questions

Fuser

So I was set on an EPC until a few days ago when I saw that PANTAC's CIRAS replica costs about the same. After some research I found that their quality is excellent, so now I'm leaning toward it. However, I still have some questions:

Mainly, what size replica SAPI plates does the Large Pantac Maritime CIRAS use? I need to know the size (S, M, L) and maybe even the dimensions. I have a pair of Toy Soldier plates, size Large.

Also, what size sapi plates does the Medium size fit?

I'm asking because I've heard that the Pantac MBSS, which WGC marks as Large, can only fit Medium sized plates. So I'm confused. This is also why I'd like numerical dimensions as opposed to the S, M, L designation, as it seems that this info is sometimes incorrect.

Finally, I think that the Medium size might fit me better, but it's own of stock or unavailable everywhere I look. So, (1) Is there a big difference in size between the M and L CIRAS? and (2) Where can I find the Medium size in stock?

Thanks for the help.

ive been wondering if they're calling it CB but its really khaki

IIRC Pantac produces both CB and KH, so I think it's CB. Looks darker anyway.

As others are saying, I think that some retailers are a little paranoid about selling the CIRAS unit because of copyright issues. And since MJK is like Eagle's trademark color, CIRAS in kh might become rare.

Which is why I'm buying one today, just to be safe.

WGC Shop has pretty much every Pantac CIRAS in stock, both Land and Mar, except the Maritime Medium size, which might be the one I need :D

www.wgcshop.com

IS it the proper "releasable-cable-routed-through-4-cummerbund" CIRAS though? Or is it just a plate-carrier/vest that looks like a CIRAS ? Because basically aside from the Filipino Tango TCV CIRAS (at least I think it is made in the Phillipines), AFAIK no one else in the market does a proper CIRAS. The Phantom/PANTAC & Milspex ones don't get produced anymore due to EAGLE's Cease and Desist order served against the two.

The PANTAC Land/Maritime probably packs as much heat as a CIRAS but doesn't provide as much comfort or ease of movement :P .

As far as I know, the quality is still very high, if not higher, than it was when they produced under the name Phantom. Also, every retailer I know of that stocks it describes it as having a "Quick Release System".

To be sure you'd have to ask someone who's used both this most up to date replica, as well as the real thing.

As far as I know, the quality is still very high, if not higher, than it was when they produced under the name Phantom. Also, every retailer I know of that stocks it describes it as having a "Quick Release System".

To be sure you'd have to ask someone who's used both this most up to date replica, as well as the real thing.

... the YKK zip on my BHI Omega vest is a quick release system too. :)

Actually, even the knockoffs of the PANTAC have functional QR. Isn't very smooth, and it would probably rip the stitching but it's "supposed" to work.

Also, Pantac=Phantom. Phantom just changed their name due to all the knockoffs that had the brand name on it; but you don't have to worry if you buy from Redwolf, even if your stuff says Phantom it's the real Phantom.

Archived