"You are the HERO!" Fighting Fantasy books...

rhino

Loved Space Hulk. My brother had it. Also Dungeonquest and Talisman!! I remember when Games Workshop used to sell..... wait for it, "GAMES". When they started going over to purely Warhammer around 1990 I picked up loads of stuff in their clearance sale. Rogue Trooper board game, Chainsaw Warriors, fantastic.

As for the Spectrum and the Hobbit It's still playable online. Cant remember the link but google am your friend. Defeated the Trolls, made my way throught the mountains, sat in a dungeon trying to convince Thorin to stop singing about gold and bloody well, "Pick me up and go East". Still my fastest typed phrase!!!

Mmmm AD&D! Still have loads of that around somewhere. Loved my Dragon dice. Anyone remember Adventurer magazine? Only ever did something like 13 issues. Had them all at one time. Real White Dwarf rival. Even remember an article about an advanced Lasertag system with replica weapons, medic rules etc. Looked awesome at the time.

Ah! these bring back memories! I think I may ahve to get myself some of these from fleabay or somewhere if I can find unsullied ones =D I used to love these to bits!

And speaking of D&D... 2nd edition > 3rd > 7 million later ones.I have a friend at uni in london and she plays AD&D with the gaming society, and she seems to get on fine with the newer versions of D&D, but I doubt i could. It's just... not right! Oh, that reminds me. Anyone got a second edition Monster manual? it's the only Core rulebook i don't have! ;_;

However, I must say that Far better than D&D could ever be is... Call of Cthulhu :D

Good GOD I love that game! it's awesome in every single way!

"Your shotgun hits the zombie for.... 13 dammage. it explodes messily in a shard of frozen pink ice-type stuff. SANITY CHECK!"

My character was concussed, missing both his earlobes, and paranoid. He only had half the sanity points of a normal character, too. Great fun. I remember one time we burried a small village under a mountain, I tried to make depth charges on a boat (Overruled by GM! ;_;), we traveled back in time and tore the space-time continuum a new one, and had a memorable chase scene which ended up with a priest standing on a fast-moving car spitting at star spawn of cthulhu that wanted to eat us.

And, of course, the most memorable of memorable... It involves Typhun and Myself, with my mate boris as the GM (Rhino: yes, that typhun I brought with me to AG :D)

Me: "Wow. Looks like the town hall is full of cultists..."

Ty: "Realy? How many?"

Me: "Lots.What do you reckon, good cultists or bad cultists?"

Ty: "Who cares, lets just blow them all up."

Me: "Fair enough!"

Ty: "Right, I've got one of my nail bombs, and I'm gona throw it through the window."

Boris: "Fair enough, Roll a throw check."

*Ty rolls some dice*

Ty: "Erm. Failed."

Boris: "The nailbomb sails gracefully towards the window, hits the wall next to it, and bounces back, landing at your feet."

Me and Ty: "######! Dodge! Roll to evade! SOMETHING!"

*Frantic checks against whatever is usefull to get away from a grenade"

Me: "Whew, i think we're safe. good thing we got away before it went off..."

Boris: "Ty... Did you actualy light that nailbomb before you threw it>:"

Ty: "Uh....."

Ty: "Right. I'm going to open the window a bit, light the nail bomb, then PLACE it through the window."

Moral of the story.... sometimes forgetting to light the fuse is a good thing :D

Oh...and in case you think I was joking about the cooking oil...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Guzz...o/goddamnit.jpg

Why not put it up on the For-Sale Non-Airsoft section? Some one with a diesel is sure to want to come pick it up.

I hope it took you a very long time to use all of that oil...

"Your shotgun hits the zombie for.... 13 dammage. it explodes messily in a shard of frozen pink ice-type stuff. SANITY CHECK!"

:mellow:

If I were fighting zombies, I don't think that the first thing on my mind would be, "Isn't it strange how they turn into messy frozen pink ice-type stuff?"

Maybe that's just me.

Why not put it up on the For-Sale Non-Airsoft section? Some one with a diesel is sure to want to come pick it up.

I hope it took you a very long time to use all of that oil...

Couple of years, yeh. Dad is planning to proof a fence with it sometime whenever never.

---

Back on, I remember a friend in RIFTS trying to fire a railgun without a tripod...I punished him for that :D In Twilight 2000, the only weapon we had with reach to get a sniper with a .50 was...an ADATS (hit, too!)...and using a submergible tank army to beat a friend in a 400-tonne Battletech 'blind' match.

Players: me, convinced that tanks rule thanks to not having heat issues, with 320 tonnes of Demolishers and a Charger mech conversion with jump jets. Neil, Atlas, 2 Battlemaster, Archer and a couple of scouts. Neils brother,Shawn, is GMing between the 2 rooms. Me and Neil have identical maps and opponents dont appear until in LOS.

*Charger fires its single weapon, AC/10 ULTRA and jumpjets away once again. Neil, frustrated, brings Atlas forwards because none of his scouts has anything to touch Charger.*

*Atlas fires, a lot, doing minor damage to heavily armoured Charger. He puts it in a lvl2 lake to cool heat sinks. Shawn puts an Atlas on my board*

S: Seen that?

Me: Yep

S: Firing?

Me: *rolls*, *rolls damage*

S: Neil...your Atlas has no legs. Out of play.

N: WHAT?

S: He has a Demolisher with underwater apparatus in that lake and has just AC/20 ULTRA'd you.

N: *unrepeatable expletives*

S & Me: *uncontrollable giggling*

*Charger fires its single weapon, AC/10 ULTRA and jumpjets away once again. Neil, frustrated, brings Atlas forwards because none of his scouts has anything to touch Charger.*

*Atlas fires, a lot, doing minor damage to heavily armoured Charger. He puts it in a lvl2 lake to cool heat sinks. Shawn puts an Atlas on my board*

S: Seen that?

Me: Yep

S: Firing?

Me: *rolls*, *rolls damage*

S: Neil...your Atlas has no legs. Out of play.

N: WHAT?

S: He has a Demolisher with underwater apparatus in that lake and has just AC/20 ULTRA'd you.

N: *unrepeatable expletives*

S & Me: *uncontrollable giggling*

Oh god. Best tactic ever.

I must admit I need to play the table top game again. ;__; Infact I have a pet hate about Battlemech serise and how's ended up. (Well on the Computers specifically)

Also MDK am not too sure but I only think there's been a Few Versions of the D&D rule books (at the max 5). Well TSR/Wizard ones anyway.

Archived