Sniper's Perch

HawaiiIceMan

ooh, here comes a spanner in the works...

i use 0.25's in my TM sig, and get 40 - 45 metres useable range, but this is at max hop.

tried 0.28 guarder hpm in it, and range was less. didnt even bother trying 0.3's.

its got a firefly bucking, and a pdi 6.01 barrel in it, but like i said, 0.25 at max hop are the limit!

Two things here that may help here:

HPM's are excelent but need more hop than most other bbs. This may be why you can't hop them. You may be ok with a .3.

Try with the stock hop rubber. If you have the firefly 'hard', it is exactly that & may not work so well, in sub 500fps set ups.

Greg.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bushman

My mk23 can hit a torso at 40m with .43 pretty much 9/10

it has a tight barrel and a nineball hop rubber.

Ive done a double tap at bout 45-50 and shot one player in the neck and the 2nd round hit the marshal behind him in the shoulder, (this was more of a tester shoot as the bloke didnt see me and i didnt want to use the rifle)

ah, didnt know that about hpm's.

as for the rubber, its a firefly soft!

may try the tm though, but, tbh, i think 45 metres is far enough for me. its either an MED backup for under 30 metres when i snipe, or a cqb backup, usually sub 10 metres when i (rarely) do any indoor work!

cheers though :)

Yes, with the silencer, the TM MK23 is brilliant. I think this gun is good enough to be a players "primary" if you use the silencer and have enough mags to suit your playing field.

I wonder if the MK23 can out shoot the G17 at long range. I guess I may have to do a test sometime, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Good Hunting ;)

Well, I'm sure you remember the 'sniper pistol' threads of yester-year where Wally Squad & myself described using STTI stealth assassins (MK23 clones) with pro-sniper barrels, achieving near silent long barreled pistols with the same performance of a g-spec.

Depending on the set up, you could get between 400-470 fps.

Wally put a tele sight & rear stock on his & spent at least one afternoon tickling the enemy at Dorking with it. I believe it has seen a few outings since then.

I went a bit more compact with mine, limiting it to a g-spec barrel under the stock silencer. Achieving 400 fps & using it as primary at Urban Assault. It fit their spec for a sniper, but with semi auto & way more compact than a BA, it suited the fibua style down to the ground. No stock on mine & iron sights meant that it could be holstered upon building entry, in favor of a MP7 secondary. They don't allow 400fps in the buildings.

Best kill was at about 60m. This was damn tough with iron sights. A tele would have allowed me to track the bb's for follow up shots. :rolleyes:

The main draw back was the weight of the trigger pull & waiting for the gas to settle for a few seconds between each shot. Great in theory, not so good in the heat of battle. :unsure:

With that & the amount of blatant cheating at UA, I gave it up in favor of a 400fps semi auto electro snipe P90. Instant follow up shots & a tele site. They still didn't take their hits but at least took cover to avoid the repeated bee stings. :D

I think I'll do a side by side G17 V MK23, as like you, I'm not sure which will be better. It is a while since I shot a stock MK23. My guess is that it should be better than the Glock because of the fixed barrel & lack of blow back movement.

If I get a spare moment, I'll have a go & let you know.

Greg.

ah, didnt know that about hpm's.

as for the rubber, its a firefly soft!

may try the tm though, but, tbh, i think 45 metres is far enough for me. its either an MED backup for under 30 metres when i snipe, or a cqb backup, usually sub 10 metres when i (rarely) do any indoor work!

cheers though :)

Yeah, lets face it 45m from a 'back up', pistol, is fair enough. :D

Greg.

Wow

came back on today to find this post very alive with a lot of useful information ^^

ill probally go for the sig then looks pretty sweet and sounds like a good performer.

btw my friend who has a WE baby hi capa says gas mags leak all the time at one point or another. i doubt this is a true and its probally down to the gun/mag quality. ive heard of WA being good but not WE =S

Wow

came back on today to find this post very alive with a lot of useful information ^^

ill probally go for the sig then looks pretty sweet and sounds like a good performer.

btw my friend who has a WE baby hi capa says gas mags leak all the time at one point or another. i doubt this is a true and its probally down to the gun/mag quality. ive heard of WA being good but not WE =S

WE pistols are really quite fail. I've got a WA M92 and its quite *suitcase* too.

I think the .3s doing so well in a pistol thing, has something to do with the energy creep experienced in short barrel GBB platforms. It's unlike your normal AEG in so many ways. If anyone's got a chrono and some ammo weights to hand, could they please get me some FPS readings ^_^

(make a new thread if you think it appropriate)

A.G.B.: Have a look through the Pictures thread here, and find one you like, then P.M. the owner and ask about colours/specific techniques?

I found that making a simple stencil (in my case, a lightning-bolt shaped pattern) out of cardboard really helped me get clean lines.

Of course, some people like it rough ( ;) ) and simply spray a base coat, and then stripes.

Ben.

err really quick question before i go XD im thinking of spraying my VSR a camo. Ive just briefly google searched. Any ideas on what sort of pattern and how hard they are to do. I wanna get a nice woodland camo.

Google 'Hydrographics'.

Wet yourself.

Then bottle out when you find out the price. :D

I am currently awaiting the return of my 4th airsoft gun from them (another Realtree Hardwoods green masterpiece).

Quality is unbelievable.

The sky is truly the limit.

I only ever thought in terms of cammo, until Ben posted a fab idea of doing a P90 in 'Carbon fiber'. When I get a spare hundred or so, I will be doing it. :D

Greg.

I think the .3s doing so well in a pistol thing, has something to do with the energy creep experienced in short barrel GBB platforms. It's unlike your normal AEG in so many ways. If anyone's got a chrono and some ammo weights to hand, could they please get me some FPS readings ^_^

(make a new thread if you think it appropriate)

Yup.

I was talking to a physicist mate the other day & he was banging on about how much more time the heavier bb stays in the barrel (compared to a lighter one) & therefore more of the available energy is imparted on it, even though fps is lower.

Greg.

Google 'Hydrographics'.

Wet yourself.

Then bottle out when you find out the price. :D

I am currently awaiting the return of my 4th airsoft gun from them (another Realtree Hardwoods green masterpiece).

Quality is unbelievable.

The sky is truly the limit.

I only ever thought in terms of cammo, until Ben posted a fab idea of doing a P90 in 'Carbon fiber'. When I get a spare hundred or so, I will be doing it. :D

Greg.

Whats the story with that? Can i send them say my rifle bits, a holster maybe some other stuff and they'll make it look pretty?

Whats the story with that? Can i send them say my rifle bits, a holster maybe some other stuff and they'll make it look pretty?

Yep!

They can coat just about anything that is solid & paintable.

I've had several guns, including very complicated ris systems done by them. Silencers, scopes, Serpa gear, even an Oakly 'M-frame'. Wonderful & hard wearing.

All they ask is that it can survive half an hour in a meter of water, so obviously you have to remove the gearbox/electrics. ;)

They can even do a verity of finishes, including hi-gloss, double flat matt & a matt rubberized, kind of grippy finish which is great on solid type butt plates.

If for some reason they can't do it, they will let you know & if anything needs removing (like the foam inside a silencer) they can do it for ya. Personally, I strip things right down for them, to save cost & any mistakes.

They can also mask areas off, such as brand logos or, say, the numbers on a variable type scope.

Greg.

Holy **** Thats some nice rifle camo they do there. Im guessing it costs a fortune :P

Yes. But it's hard wearing & incredible. Every time you use a graphically coated gun, you get comments.

A silencer can be as little as £30. Probably around £200 for a full g-spec. Typically this would include all the fiddly bits like the bolt handle & trigger guard, plus a scope & mounts. More if they have to de & resemble the item.

Be aware prices do vary, depending on how complex the job is.

Usually they will give you a rough idea of cost on the phone & then confirm exactly how much when they receive the kit.

Unfortunately I can't do photos. TBH their webby kind of shows you all you need to see.

Possibly my current fave is the P90 they did for me.

Technically the G36 I had done, is the most impressive. It's got one of those full sized, vented ris's. The way the cammo pattern seamlessly wraps round it, is amazing.

Greg.

Archived