Warhammer 40k Bolt Pistol - Using modified cal .22 AR-15 Pistol as a basis

Spender

I always wanted to create a W40K-Boltpistol...But never got the right ideas how to start it.

Now I found this amazing AR-15 Pistol in caliber .22 on the web. It would be perfect as a basis for the Airsoft-Boltpistol, the tiny .22 muzzle for example is ideal for BBs.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3234/232779...pg?v=1205273804

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2123/233564...d37ff2d.jpg?v=0

Problem is, I dont know how to purchase the right parts. Anyone got some ideas?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the looks of it an m4 with a patriot kit and a small quad rail to go over the shorter barrel.

although i could possibly be a silencer stuck on the end of the body, with maybe something like an mp5k barrel inside to have the stubbyness. no idea where the battery would fit in there though.

good luck with it and let me know how it goes!

by the looks of it an m4 with a patriot kit and a small quad rail to go over the shorter barrel.

although i could possibly be a silencer stuck on the end of the body, with maybe something like an mp5k barrel inside to have the stubbyness. no idea where the battery would fit in there though.

good luck with it and let me know how it goes!

Well I got some experience with AEG-Pistols, I think I will fit two standart AA-Batteries in the grip.

But I still dont want to buy ten Airsoftguns for 363535 Euros, just do get two or three parts from a single one...

The real Ar-15 Pistols was built of eight parts.

Spike's Tactical Pistol lower receiver

Rock River Arms 9mm upper receiver

Spike's Tactical 5.5" .22LR 1/16 barrel

Yankee Hill Machine free float railed forearm

Cavalry Arms ergo grip

OKO red dot site

Spike's Tactical modified ciener bolt

Black Dog Machine 27 round magazine

Now I must find the Airsoft-equivalents...

if you are going to build the body like the bolt pistol then a batt wouldnt be a problem. off the top of my head, with some body work, you could mount it on top.

the batt is the only problem you will have that i can see. the rest is just body work. using a AK might be a better way to go since the curved mags look more suited to the bolt pistol

Wow thank you...that will pretty much take all the basic work away, so I can concentrate on the bolter-outfit itself.

EDIT: I got an old MP5 and a M4 here, I think they will be a sufficent supply for the barrel-parts. Still Im not happy with the grip, maybe I order the "real" one from Cavalry Arms.

yeah, it won't. no offense but I think you should learn a bit more about aeg's before you undertake this project if you want it to function.

anyway, star makes an ergo grip that resembles that one.

Sorry, but I said before I have experience with AEG-Softairs, and the motor in the grip is not necessary, it can also placed slightly above.

For expample on of my first projects was a very cheap AEG-Desert Eagle which I converted to full-auto (Well I basically just took a spring out), it got two AA- batteries and one of these thin stick-like magazines in the grip, the motor was positioned above.

It should be possible if I use a small enough motor, like one of these build in Mini-AEGs (http://www.softair.at/pictures/W082.jpg)

(Yeah I know I wont get much power with this solution, but Im doing it for the looks so who cares...)

Sorry, but I said before I have experience with AEG-Softairs, and the motor in the grip is not necessary, it can also placed slightly above.

For expample on of my first projects was a very cheap AEG-Desert Eagle which I converted to full-auto (Well I basically just took a spring out), it got two AA- batteries and one of these thin stick-like magazines in the grip, the motor was positioned above.

It should be possible if I use a small enough motor, like one of these build in Mini-AEGs (http://www.softair.at/pictures/W082.jpg)

(Yeah I know I wont get much power with this solution, but Im doing it for the looks so who cares...)

No, the motor for a normal V2 box goes in the grip.

If you're doing it for looks, just build a non firing replica. Those crappy plastic gearbox micro AEGs aren't even worth bothering with.

I have experience with taking apart AEG's and basic electrical engineering, and if you want your gun to work it has to have a motor, and the motor for just about every aeg ever goes in the grip. Why dont you just buy a grip that's been made for AEG's?

We're not talking about guns that run on 2 AA batteries and cost £20 at the local gadget shop.

No, the motor for a normal V2 box goes in the grip.

WTF is this a law that I must obey??? If I build an AEG with the motor anywhere but in the grip, will some guys show up and beat me for not following the "motor-belongs-in-the-grip"-rule?

There are AEG-Pistols where the motor is not in the grip, and Im sure with some screwing around I will be able to place it somewhere else...

Well I just ordered the AR-15 Pistol "Lethal Weapon"-Style (whatever that means).

WTF is this a law that I must obey??? If I build an AEG with the motor anywhere but in the grip, will some guys show up and beat me for not following the "motor-belongs-in-the-grip"-rule?

There are AEG-Pistols where the motor is not in the grip, and Im sure with some screwing around I will be able to place it somewhere else...

Well I just ordered the AR-15 Pistol "Lethal Weapon"-Style (whatever that means).

Yes. It is. All armalite variant airsoft guns have their motor in the pistol grip.

Find one that doesn't and I'll be very shocked, but it won't be built around a V2 gearbox, and I have yet to see an armalite variant not built around a V2 gearbox.

Yes. It is. All armalite variant airsoft guns have their motor in the pistol grip.

Find one that doesn't and I'll be very shocked, but it won't be built around a V2 gearbox, and I have yet to see an armalite variant not built around a V2 gearbox.

You forgot I intended to use the AR-15 just as a basis...Yeah maybe I will use all of it, maybe just the lower and upper receivers.

Anyway, I wont post here anymore until I got at least some work done, but it will be fun to see what happens if I got a working version with *shocking* the motor placed at an unusual place. I wasnt expecting such a conservative community who cant think about the possibility of opening a gun and relocating some parts.

:unsure: I say old chap you best cut down a bit on that stuff that you're smoking there.

If you're going to use a PROPER AEG and none of this EBB/mini junk then the motor is placed in the grip. A proper airsoft AR-15 uses a Version 2 gearbox and there's only one variant where the motor is not in the pistol grip and that's on the JLS FN2000 but that would be useless for a Bolter because it would make the body too big. Moving the motor around it just pointless as it serves no purpose, especially in this case when you have the pistol grip anyway - why make more work?

Now if you're going to use some junky piddy pants mini-gun like this thing then umm yeah, ok have fun on your project. However what you have linked to looks like a proper AEG that uses a Version 2 gearbox.

I've been watching this thread with interest....also watching how its steadily gone down hill!

IMHO, the first mistake is trying to do a bolter on the cheap....if you want to use a current design, 1) it won't look like a bolter and 2) you'll be constrained by the limitations of the current design.

If you were going to build a custom body and gearbox then you could indeed position the components differently....but from your descriptions it seems like you won't be taking that course of action.

The last comment I have to offer, is listen to some of the folks on here, they know what they're talking about...some of your posts come across as though you think you've got it all worked out....if thats the case why waste peoples time asking questions...simply post your new "bolter", show us the stats and be done with it......not caring about the function and only being concerned with the looks may be something that you find interesting, but I think you'll gather more satisfaction if you can produce a bolter that functions as a skirmishable rifle as well.

Archived