This idea should be used alot more

chownsy

UTG's come with great internals but they M16 series STOCKs break very easily. We had a guy out last OP who had one, set his gun upright by his car, bumped it by mistake and the stock hit into a rock and cracked.

Other than that they are pretty decent AEG's for starters.

As are JG guns, which, IIRC, is what UTG rebrands.

As these guys appear to be rebranding and slapping bits onto a chinese clone, I find it slightly amusing that they claim it's "Made in the USA"...

However, large battery in the RIS is a good idea. I suppose that's what the OP was going on about?

If they ditched the wiring and plugs and went to contacts as in cameras and cell phones then I'd be all over it.

I agree the current battery systems are frustrating (I'd put them as the worst part of an AEG) but a fancy battery door is not enough to make me happy.

I can't really see anything special about it...So it takes a large battery...Yay?

New and never done before, but hardly innovative.

ok thats your opinions,

But i have heard so many complaining that they cant use large batteries and that peq boxes look horrible, i think it looks good and doesnt make it look too bad

Cheer

Richard

The 2,200mah battery in my Crane stock has never gone flat in-game.

Personally I'd rather have a decent-looking gun and swap the battery when required rather than n unrealistic-looking gun.

Equally, if I was looking for higher discharge rates, I'd move to LiPo's rather than use a gun that looks as though it's pregnant.

If you were the sort of person who objects to the way a PEQ looks on a gun you're probably not gonna be too keen on the freakishly-bloated RIS either.

Beyond that, two words: Battery sling.

The 2,200mah battery in my Crane stock has never gone flat in-game.

Personally I'd rather have a decent-looking gun and swap the battery when required rather than n unrealistic-looking gun.

Equally, if I was looking for higher discharge rates, I'd move to LiPo's rather than use a gun that looks as though it's pregnant.

If you were the sort of person who objects to the way a PEQ looks on a gun you're probably not gonna be too keen on the freakishly-bloated RIS either.

Beyond that, two words: Battery sling.

or just a full stock...

im not going to argue or nothing but i like the look of it, but i dont always go for realism,

But thats my choice.

ANyway thanks for the feedback.

I aint going to get one anyway cause i cant afford it and got a few coming from rsov anyway.

If they ditched the wiring and plugs and went to contacts as in cameras and cell phones then I'd be all over it.
The AEPs/MP7 are like that of course (and probably some other small electric guns I'm not yet familiar with) but they don't draw anything like the current of a 'full-size' AEG.

It should be feasible/possible though, after all, large high-power cordless tools use those sort of contacts at higher voltages/currents (up to 24V?).

Actually, the idea came up in a topic about a year or more ago and it triggered my warped sense of humour (doesn't take much actually :rolleyes: )

post-10246-1210337479_thumb.jpg

There's no reason you couldn't have Deans or similar connectors mounted solidly in the gun and on the pack(s) either, space permitting of course.

I agree the current battery systems are frustrating (I'd put them as the worst part of an AEG) but a fancy battery door is not enough to make me happy.

Frustrating?

I agree, the space, or more accurately the lack of it in some guns, can be a real head/*albartroth*-ache somtimes, but if it bothers anyone that much, the obvious answer is don't go for those guns in the first place :P

The AEPs/MP7 are like that of course (and probably some other small electric guns I'm not yet familiar with) but they don't draw anything like the current of a 'full-size' AEG.

It should be feasible/possible though, after all, large high-power cordless tools use those sort of contacts at higher voltages/currents (up to 24V?).

Actually, the idea came up in a topic about a year or more ago and it triggered my warped sense of humour (doesn't take much actually :rolleyes: )

post-10246-1210337479_thumb.jpg

There's no reason you couldn't have Deans or similar connectors mounted solidly in the gun and on the pack(s) either, space permitting of course.

Frustrating?

I agree, the space, or more accurately the lack of it in some guns, can be a real head/*albartroth*-ache somtimes, but if it bothers anyone that much, the obvious answer is don't go for those guns in the first place :P

I can see it now, AEG's made by Craftsman. That would be sweet, especially if you could take it back to Sears every time it broke! I know, I know, that doesn't apply to power tools, but I found it funny all the same.

Back on topic, I like the idea presented by the link provided by the OP, but not necesarily the execution. If they could do the same with a RIS/RAS that looks closer to the Knight's, it might pique my interest more. Who am I kidding, I have no issues with holding a battery since I use one of those horrible AN/PEQ-2's that so many people seem to hate.

1st

I've seen the AEP's too it'll be nice when that trickles up to something with more punch. I see so many folks with batterys taped to stocks or foregrips, & wrestling the wires in. Hope that there's a buttstock maker that picks this up and makes it for all my guns!

I dont' so much worry about running flat, I like to transport with the battery & grovelling about trying to get the wires just right gets old.

No battery slings, or PEQ boxes either for me.

Archived