VFC or CA scar

F1amez

I have read a lot of reviews on these 2 guns which has confussed :wacko: me a bit on which one to get cause some of the reviews said that the CA is good and the VFC are also good.

Im wondering whats your honest opinions of these 2 guns and what one would you recommend me to get?

Sorry if this has already been asked in another topic before.

thanx.

It's a good performer though, at least until the metal piston head bashes the V2 gearbox front off.

Oh V2 GB, when will you strighten up and fly right? Someone needs to come up with a good fix for that.

I got the DBoys, and have yet to be disappointed by any aspect of it. But if you have the money, by hearsay and conjecture, I would say the VFC is the solid, safe choice.

I don't own the CA to compare build quality and general appearance and performance to, but the VFC SCAR L that I own has been abused quite a bit in the short time I've owned it, by which I mean I've had it slung on my back, fallen into the back of a vehicle over a metal bar, and the gun doesn't have a single mark on it, yet the metal bar is now slightly bent. I've also crashed through fairly substainial branches and braced the gun across them, and nothing has happened to it.

The only couple of downsides I have is that there is WAY too much wiring in the stock, which I've yet to get around to removing, and also the stock doesn't actually lock in the folded position all that well, it kinda just sits on the 'hook' when folded, but I don't really use the folding feature all that much, so its not a grave concern. Bar that I've yet to have any problems with it. For more info (if you haven't already) check the review posted by Far East in the readers review section and read the stuff after the review has been posted, there's some discussion about issues people have had in there.

For me it is VFC hands down, and I've handled both. Best externals period, and the internals are more than decent. You will need to replace the stock spring for UK though, it shoots about 330~340fps for me.

I have both, lucky me, I would say get the VFC the CA is ok but the VFC has the extra little touches that make it.

The CA is very skirmishable (is that a word?) and the hop up is great, mine was shooting in the 270's but wasn't being outranged by guns shooting 330 and above. The upper is tan rather than FDE and the paints jobs not the best, it also has an older version cheek rest. Its really awkward to get the battery in and requires an allen key.

The VFC is just nicer and side by side the VFC just seems right, its slimmer and makes the CA seem bulky by comparison. It shoots real well, comes with the 2 barrels so you can have standard and cqb, it comes in a nice hard case with a slot for the up coming EGLM, the finish is awsome and it has the working bolt release, it also takes evey type of mag i've tried including the ICS 450 hi caps ( saying that the CA seems to take all the same mags). The only thing about the VFC that's annoying is the wiring in the stock for the battery which is a bit long.

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant and a bit disjointed i'm replying at work so its in between working. :)

There is a mod for the CA gun so that all you have to do is press down on the button on the back that locks the stock and you can pull out the entire rear portion of the stock that holds the battery. Much easier than having to deal with allen keys in the field.

The CA gun is an excellent performer. It has one of the best hopup units ive ever used. Its consistent as all hell and shot 2 inch groups at 120 feet. Having said that, its heavy, its butt ugly and its a terrible and i mean terrible replica. It has hands down one of the worst finishes i have EVER seen on an airsoft gun. I jokingly say the gun was painted in silly putty because thats how easily the "paint" wears off of the upper receiver. If you dont give a damn about external features then i would go with the CA gun simply because the hopup unit is marginally better than the VFC.

The vfc gun has the best external finish of any airsoft gun barring VFC's AK series. The entire upper is anodized and it wears extremely well. I bashed the ###### out of my gun two weeks ago at a MOUT facility and i walked away with zero scratches on the gun. There are dents in the metal but no loss of color or bare silver. Its a beautiful gun to look at but there are some shortcomings. The stock locking mechanism is not something im going to trust to hold up to repeated abuse. The good news there is that its cheap to replace, less than 20 dollars and you have an entire new stock locking mechanism.

Just FYI, both guns come with aluminum piston heads so dont fault the CA and the CA alone for having that one bad quality. The VFC scar also comes with plastic bushings and some other internals that are less than desirable.

Im sure the last time i took mine apart it was metal bushings and clear plastic piston head... But i may be wrong as it was such a long time ago now.

[edit] infact that might of been a star im thinking of lol

I currently own a VFC Scar-L, in black, and I have handeled and shot the CA scar-L. As many has stated already, the VFC tends to feel a lot better and shoots just fine as a performer. The CA will not feel nearly as satisfying, but it performs very well out on the field. The only aspect that the CA Scar may have over the VFC (dont quote me on this) is the hop up unit. VFC's Scar hop up is proprietary, so it is harder to swap out, however, the unit is not terribly in the least. I have just heard that the CA's may be a bit better. Either way, you cannot lose purchasing the VFC's scar. Externals are some of the best ive ever touched, and the internals are pretty decent as well! Had mine for about 5 months now, and I have put it through some abuse, and there isnt one scratch or dent on the receiver.

The CA scar uses a proprietary hopup unit as well. Although its a whole heck of a lot easier to get it from spartan imports and its dealer chain than it is to order it from VFC.

• 2 months later...

I have the VFC and STAR, both are the L model. I also have the CA SCAR-H. The VFC is by far the nicest overall. The CA is a close second other than the crappy wiring for the stock and the stock is not very firm (wobles). The STAR has the nicest stock but the mech-box is an oddball one and the lower receiver dosen't sit very snug in the upper. VFC all the way. The only thing I don't like is the M4 style grip cannot be swapper for an aftermarket one.

Archived