40k Scenerio

Gair333

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For lasguns, as we all know there are various models. some bull pup, some long some short etc etc.

so a short list of SA80's, FAMAS's, M14's and M4's (but like i said there are MANY vairations)

for those of you with different wepons youll be carrying a varety of auto guns :)

So in essence it doesnt really matter about the gun solong unless you want to really want to feel real.

As lomg as all make an effort on the clothing, the guns will look fine. Use Battlestar Galactica new series! All modern kit with a few twists sweeeet!

I agree with NOT mixing it up to much, if the units want to roleplay, cool but keep the game all airsoft. It works for D-Day and no reason why this should be any different.

Gair, do you want me to make this November a date? I'm happy too and give it a go.

Just a thought but wouldn't it have been easier to do a game based around Necromunda? Easier for costume/uniform at least, and imo Necro had a far richer atmosphere to it (and better rules... it was just better :P).

The main problem I'd see with a 40k one is you'd mainly be just be replacing the USMC guys or whatever with Imperial Guard guys. This being due to contraints with uniforms, otherwise you'd miss out whole different sections of the 40k universe, Orks, Eldar etc.

Whereas, in Necro, you could have teams based on the different houses. Orlocks for example would be very easy to replicate, as would Delaques and the others wouldn't take much more. But yea, I suppose it's probably not what you're interested in, added to the fact that not many people play Necro, so yea, feel free to ignore this post :rolleyes:

Decimus.

Necromunda would be awesome!! Absolutely awesome.

I also think selected camo types should be employed, to avoid arm bands, and to maintain unit coherency!

If I'm honest...part of me thinks that if you play a game like this in a purely airsoft manner, people will lose the jist of what is trying to be achieved. WWII is different, because the clothing and weapons do so much towards setting the scene. A WH40K based game needs to have a strong identifier to the WH40K universe or it'll be another fancy dressed airsoft free for all.

I think a certain degree of role-play is deffinately needed to get this show off the road. Commissars (marshals) who walk up and down the line shooting their own team for cowardice or insubbordination. Kill teams tasked with retrieveing real time objectives.....etc etc. All in character.

LARP doesn't have to be about convoluted rules....the first game could be kept simple, and if it takes off you could then put into play things like armour rules, etc....but they have to be simple. Things like only a certain type of weapon can take out armoured personnel, but to offset this...those in heavy battle armour can not run anywhere....they can only walk (not sprint walking either ;) ).....simply thinsg like that, will really create an atmosphere to remember IMHO.

What do you guys think......

By the way, who is arranging this? because it looks like Josh is throwing dates at this and no one is coming to the plate! If you really want to do this, select a team to help run it and get things in motion....its good to talk about this, but noone ever played a game of airsoft by talking about it on the forums! This thread has been going on for 3 pages, we all love the idea and want to do it....so lets get things moving.....

Again, what do you think?

Sure josh but first of all we'll need some info on the site: Size, terrain, location etc etc.

as Eisenhorn said, the first game is just going to be a really easy to follow game. Thats why its just imp guard and Chaos.

The FINAL game is going to based around 2 of the GW games: inquisitor AND necromunda (with there being good, evil and hive gangs) 3 teams, 3 different objectives, conspiracy, witchcraft, riots and sex*!

Eisenhorn if you want to help feel free drop me a line via pm.

*you must bring your own person/sheep for sex

Gair333

I'd love to help out, I'll drop you a PM later in the day.

I'm a bit concerned with the sex references though....you mentioned nakid ladies, and knives stabbing into chests a few times on this thread.....the problem with mixing airsoft and sex should be obvious.

If you've ever been hit in the genitals you'll know how bad the pain is......however, saying that...at my last game, one of my team mates did remind me that I was in no danger of getting shot in the genitals, as airsoft rifles are just not that accurate ;)

Sex...now thats gonna cost alot more than £35;)

Site is Tuddenham in suffolk. Has s small 12 building village + a few other buildings on site, Woodland and scrubland, the site sits at 40 acres! + poss another 40 if the shooting season isn't on that weekend! Very Unique;)

There is a map of the main area on the GMA website. I won't put a link on here as I got booted off asscock for a link;(

why not pop over for a shoot during the year and have a look?

Josh

To be honest, it could be a cess pit in deepest darkest Wales, with the only scenery being a toilet roll and an old crisp packet....and you could still make it work for WH40K :D

I need to send Gair333 a PM and hopefully get something organised.

"For the Emporer!"

The main problem I'd see with a 40k one is you'd mainly be just be replacing the USMC guys or whatever with Imperial Guard guys. This being due to contraints with uniforms, otherwise you'd miss out whole different sections of the 40k universe, Orks, Eldar etc.

The difference here being that Marines don't summon daemons. Marines are daemons. ;)

One could always create rules involving poison gas attacks, plague zombies, daemons, &c.

Important thing here guys is drop the realy high fatasy elements to the game as they can't be achieved at the level the basic game will be, it may also put off guys by being too roleplay and the mechanics to complicated. two sides battleing it out of a forest moon is all we need for the first one. Surely theres enough 4tk history out there to pull something together!

How about just recreating that scene from another of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels, where Corbec and a few others stay behind to help protect some wounded after Doc Dorden refuses to leave them? Let the defending (Guard) team get set up, sweat it out for an hour or two ;) then have the vastly superior-in-numbers attacking (Chaos) team try and take the building(s). To make things interesting, you could also have some of the defenders as "wounded" personnel, and only allow them, say, a sidearm, or that they can take up a primary when someone is hit. One respawn, and when you die, you just lie there and wait for it to be over.

tbh there are enough ideas in the Gaunt novels for nearly any game for example the defence of a section of trench or a unit stuck behind enemy lines, make contact with the rebels in enemy territory or fighing through an enemy held village to rescue Corbec. Limit ammo with certain groups to make it more interesting and go on from there.

Keep it simple but I also suggest limiting initial ammo supply as it really makes the game tense. One of the tasks of the day could be to take and hold an ammo dump which could mean another (limited) supply of ammunition for those holding it.

To me, a really good skirmish day has several objectives which can be divided between units/teams. Meaning you don't get a great mass of players keying on one area of the playing area, instead you have smaller units spread throughout but with the option of commanders calling in support from already achieved objectives if they want to chance it (enemy can still pop in and steal them back!).

Medic rules are also good but that's a personal "like" for me as I like seeing units of guys with bloody bandages still fighting on...

OK, chucking in my 2 credits worth as one of the Scarovar lot.

Would I play this? hell yes. I agree it needs to be kept simple for the first one. Costume requirements can be minimal unless you really want to go all out and wear something cool. If it's succesful then players will start costume building off their own backs due to the enthusiasm built by the first game. Imperials versus a Chaos renegade cult uprising on a forest moon sounds about right.

I also have a suggestion for costumes, theming the players around a 'mixed' Imperial taskforce. What about:

Imperium

Imperial Guard: (Bradpats or other specific 'costumed' looks).

Imperial Navy Landing Party: (Blacks/ SWAT gear etc)

Local PDF (Planetary Defence Force): Any mish mash of camo's

Chaos

Cultists: (Robes / civilian clothes / assorted bits of halloween horror costume)

Renegade PDF: Mish mash of camos with chaos sigils and insignia on them

And if people want to build Inquisitor/Marine/Jam monster/yadda yadda costumes, then they can, and be slotted in somewhere.

There are a lot of good scenario ideas in the Abnett Gaunts Ghosts books, and there's no reason you couldn't steal/homage lots of them, and run the event as a number of interlinked games. Certainly the defence of the wounded in the farm is good.

Again, my 2 credits worth. And yes, I would be willing to help out running this one.

H

How about this?

Imperial Stormtroopers must wear ACUs, and use XM8s / FN F2000 (black)

Commissars must wear Russian Officers dress uniform, and Greatcoats, and use MP7s

Chaos...all in black, with red eight pointed "star" sigils radomly splashed on in certain areas, and can use either Steyr AUGs or Shotguns (any type)

maybe....maybe, you're right. However, there has to be unit cohesion at least on the side of the Imperials.....perhaps "we" could put out a recommended kit list per group, but ultimately give the players a free reign on what they want to use....at least for the first game.....and then depending on how well it gpes, tighten up on that kind of thing later.....or perhaps not.

Immediate "look" is more defined by BDU than weapons (UK pathfinders using M4's & L85's for example still retain a unit coherant look) but the BDU's need to be quite clear.

Once you get "gearhead" groups joining in they'll also bring the look-specific weapons (USMC guys will have M4's, M14's, SPR's etc), where as UK forces guys will have a mix of M4's & L85's.

Different weapons is not such a bad look but perhaps limiting people on the Imperial side to NATO weapons and Chaos to Eastern-Block ones might be a decent compromise?

Personally I agree. It shouldn't matter what gun you have, and I think it would be a bad move to restrict what team you can be on on that criteria. The key should be to get as many punters in as possible. Bums on seats and all that.

Using flat colours in costumes is a good way of denoting teams, which is why I suggested Camo as PDF, Blacks as Navy and Bradpat/ACU as Guard - Incidentally having ACU as Stormtroopers is a darn good idea.

And if you've only got blacks and want to be Chaos, slap a few eight pointed stars on it, wear a necklage of teeth or ears and bingo bongo, you've got a cultist.

So is this a goer then? Gunman has offered up a weekend at Tuddenham?

H

I think it definately is a goer!

How do "we" go about collecting names, and sorting out who goes on what team? Team numbers....obviously you'd want more chaos than Imperial....

As for roles, heres what i had in mind.

Imperials

1 x Inquisitor (Imperial team commander)

2 x Commisars / Interrogators (quite possibly site player marshals, those who will uphold Imperial (gunman) law)

2 x Imperial Stormtrooper squads of perhaps 4 or 5.

Chaos

1 x Chaos Cult leader / Chaos Lord (Chaos team commander)

4 x Chaos deamons ( Possibly player marshals, who will punish those who cower before the corpse gods legions)

4 x Chaos Coven clans of between 5 and 6 players.

Obviously numbers will depend heavily on players taking part....but the numbers clearly show a desire that the Imperials are outnumbered at all times......a nice twist in the final game could be when a number of Imperials turn rouge and begin fighting for Chaos ;)

Ill scratch together a bit of web space and get a booking form sorted if you like! As long as everything goes through Gair333 and he gives the final thumbs up! Ill proceed!!

Inq Eisenhorn, Good set up and that would work in my experience!

I'll use the Titan info to keep us out of trouble for the first one, then if need be we can change it!

Archived