Flecktarn Vs. US digital

onidemonXLR

The new army digitals are awsome, flecktarn looks much better, but the army digitals take the color of whatever they're next to :blink: , even though they're gray!

My brother and I where at Ft. Mead and some of soldiers had the new ones....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TMC, those pics are amazing! The one with the woodland guy and the Multicam guy standing in the middle of the feild, proves that woodland really sucks.

Now, I'm a big Flecktarn fan, but I have to say that Multicam and Digital might be the camo to out-do all other camo patterns( :flamed: ).....unless you have pics that prove other-wise :D

BUT this doesn't mean that Flecktarn does not look better.....Flecktarn is beautiful.

While reading this thread and other threads like it, I've noticed a fair amount of people have been a bit hostile towards gear used by the United States Armed Forces.

As for me, I'm not hostile towards the US gear, I'm hostile to the US Armed Forces, the US Administration and the US foreign policy. (In other words: a bunch of trigger-happy cowboys, war-criminals, weapon/oil industry lobbyists, liars and bible nazis). But that's another topic...

"If it's good enough for the strongest military that God's good Earth has even seen, then it's good enough for me."

Just because the US Armed Forces use something doesn't mean that this item is a good one. That's the same kind of "argument" I mentioned about the AR15 "It's the best weapon in the world, because it's used by Americans, it's made in the USA, and the USA is the best country in the World, so it's the best weapon on Earth"...

Todays US gear is made for Action in the Middle-East and Middle/East Asia (were the oil is). Also it could be useful in some states of the USA (middle-west/west coast), but I think it's not the best choice for Europe. The European environment is totally different to the Asian/American. Canadian CAPDAT should work better, but MARPAD will be inferior in Europe.

Jipp :D

The whole FN stuff for the US Military is made in the USA by their US subsidiary.

http://www.fnmfg.com/

Of course FN still manufactures in Belgium, but not for the US Military.

Oh buy the way 'Opinions are like poopies, everyones got one'.

Larry Flynt ? :D

While reading this thread and other threads like it, I've noticed a fair amount of people have been a bit hostile towards gear used by the United States Armed Forces. I'm tempted to make some smart *albatross* comment such as "Why don't Germany and the United States have a war to see whose camouflage is better?" Maybe even "If it's good enough for the strongest military that God's good Earth has even seen, then it's good enough for me." I will, however, refrain from doing so.

Edit: Spelling error.

yes. since the Americans have thousands, nay millions of people who couldn't think of anything better to do with their lives than join the military they MUST know what the best camo pattern is :blink::flamed:.

Flecktarn was developed after years of experience in actual combat situations (look at the SS towards the end of WWII). MARPAT has barely been used in combat. I think I know which I'd rather trust.

Unimatrix, I performed some oil calculations just to prove how idiotic the oil argument is:

The Iraq war cost the United States over $200,000,000,000. Divide that by the price of crude oil, which is about $55 a barrel, and you get 4,000,000,000 barrels of oil. We would have to somehow smuggle 4,000,000,000 barrels of oil out of Iraq to pay for the war. Let's expand this a bit more. The United States consumes roughly 20,000,000 barrels of oil per day, so 4,000,000,000 barrels of oil would last us 200 days. The war has lasted three times longer than that. Furthermore, at a rate of 2,200,000 barrels a day, it would take Iraq 1,819 days to produce that amount of oil. Of course, the United States could never smuggle all of Iraq's production out of the country, so it would take much more than 1,819 days.

Furthermore, how much have oil prices dropped again, and if we wanted Iraq's oil enough to steal it, why have they joined OPEC? Honestly, come back with some proof. And war criminals? Come on, let's not sit here and invent things.

Robot, flecktarn might be old and time-tested, but so is the woodland camouflage currently used by the United States Army, and it's been used in more combat situations with a high success rate.

In the end, I'm sure it boils down to terrain, but trust is definately an issue. Have an olive branch.

The one thing I dont like about flecktarn is that you can see it when it moves. The whole idea behind digital is that it blends during movment.

Overall it blends with its enviroment better then anything, but its still invisible when moving(slowly)....I dont find this true with any other camo.

Pic taken from Canada's Team Wolfpack Airsoft team

10609022047.jpg

Here's something that might make you think.

If you rely on the camoflage you wear to keep you concealed... then you must be pretty *beep*.

At my last skirmish, meh (username) popped out of NOWHERE in a woodland game. What camoflage was he wearing?

Khaki shorts, brownish red t-shirt. He used the surroundings to conceal himself as he moved.

Nobody should expect to just stand in the open and not be seen. It's stupid. The best camoflage is nature.

edit: KWP.. while that isn't a fair image, I will say I laughed heartily at the eyes in the bush.

Though have you seen the USAF tigerstripe stuff? laff!

When ever I see that picture that Droc posted it makes me want a set of CADPAT BDUs.

Back on topic, stop arguing about what camo's better then the other geez, there all made for certain conditions and some camos while better in one place may be worse in another, so just choose what fits your gaming area!

Edit:

Infact I think my next set of BDUs will be CADPAT and maybe a vest from Tiger Tactical

Ok, you cant use CADPAT to make na argument to make MARPAT look better, of course CADPAT kicks *albatross*, and I would USE CADPAT, if I had the money. As far as digital patterns go, CAD > MAR> ACU, but imho Flecktarn > All.

Why does CADPAT kick *albatross* when MARPAT doesn't in your eyes? Is cadpat better because it was first, or what? I've seen both in use, and both worked remarkably well. ACU is a completely different kettle of fish. It pretty much takes the color next to it and blends in.

Archived