Looking for SAAV info

Punkypink

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guys u need to consider that anything that goes on the chest might be ok for u, but i got boobs in addition to the vest... im gonna be like 2 ft off the ground if i got mag pouches that r around the chest... :P

Well wear the M83 vest slightly open and use the mag pouches like a Wonderbra. If nothing else, it'll keep the ants away from your face... :D

People might be paying more attention to you next week at Epsom then :rofl:

Not that they don't already...

Please don't remove my genitals...

Back on topic though, couldn't you just reposition the mag shingles differently so you can lie on the floor without too much trouble (and breakage of the mags)?

actually i probably could. i might just get a cheap Viper SAAV n try it out, if i like it, get a real one, if not, look for something else.

Hope I'll be at Epsom this week. It all depends on Kyrian_Zenda being able to get off work and whether he can get us transport to the site from his place.

no i guess i wont. i've been hearing that flecktarn.co.uk's SAAVs are miltec. If im getting woodland i'd rather get it from airsoftscotland. they have it in..... here goes:

DPM

Digital DPM

Flecktarn

US Woodlands

Black

Australian

Desert

Olive Drab

Sorry, Pukebucket took ages...

Anyhoo...

Fleck and SADF M83 Battle Vest (what it's really called)

Picture461.jpg

Fleck and M83 Chest rig

Picture462.jpg

Also good with..

Japanese

Picture465.jpg

Russian

Picture464.jpg

Hungarian

Picture466.jpg

WW2/Gulf War 1 Desert

Picture.jpg

And even South African!

Picture467.jpg

As you can see, the colour goes well with anything really, as hopefully I have demonstrated. The contrast is increased due to indoor flash photography so I must say it goes better in the flesh so to speak.

Here's the other rig we spoke about- the Arktis Advanced Chest Rig- with Flecky

Picture468.jpg

I'll be honest had to skip most of the thread, so this may be redundant info now but i've owned 2 Viper SAAV's and the pros and cons as far as i can see are:

PROS:

1)The two side pouches are massive, lots of room for gas, bb's spent mags ect.

2)It will last as long as /longer than your gun

3)It has a total magazine capacity of 10 mags

4)Comes in a number of different colours, hence me owning two

5)The front Utility pouch can be used with ease and i found the ideal place for storing pyro's

6)That built in Aqua bladder pouch on the back. nuff sed

7)The price, there's a reason real soldiers are buying these things and thats quality at a good price

CONS:

1)The Magazine Pouches aren't big enough for G36 mags (maybe others) to be stacked, thus reducing total capacity

2)It is very bulky, and if full very heavy

3)The side pouches can on occasion get in the way, if you adjust them up, they restrict arm movement, if you lower them down, they bash your hips when running

4)Velcro fastenings on the pouches make ALOT of noise when being opened.

Hope this helps you make your mind up!

immutep, that is very helpful! i had no idea real soldiers were buying them actually. wow.

i guess at the price they r, might as well try one out, and if it sucks build-quality wise but performs to my liking with regards to its functionality, i would then get a real one.

Sounds wise.. For what it's worth, the mag pouches are slightly smaller on the copies than the real thing. They are designed to carry R4 mags which are similar to AK74. They fit M16 types perfectly but also carry the same amount of G3, FALs, M14s etc even MP40, MP5 mags.

Best worn high so as not to restict leg movement as you say.

On mine I found that the mag pouches don't fit G36 mags and are difficult to access because of the smaller pouches directly above them. Also the large utility pouches on the sides are useful for carrying lots of stuff but it frequently got in the way of me drawing my pistol on a belt holster. In my opinion it was worth what I paid for it but my next purchase will probably be something modular so I can move things around to better fit my loadout.

when will people realise that gear made for airsoft does not NEED to be as strong or long lasting as what is used in the filed my serving troops because 99% of airsofters are not serving and the abuse they recivie is nowhere near the abuse levied in day to day combat,

for gods sake its a game nothing more.

i had a viper saav for years and it never did me any harm at all. harder for me as im pretty short for a bloke so it was on my hips more than it should be making a pistol backup harder. then again thats because i am short.

capacity wise if you CANT fiot all you need in there repack it.

Archived