Airsoft in Paintball

Chief Smackaho

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I fail to see how the outcome can be anything other than airsoft winning, do us proud!

We have both range, accuracy, equipment advantages (ie, paintballer's can't aim or use scopes easily) and we (or I) have training. My club members taught me how to play, and I learned some cool tricks of the trade ;) - something which never happened in paintball.

• 2 weeks later...

My best mate is an avid paintballer, plays with the UK team, so safe to say hes a better paintballer than im an airsofter. We've oftne talked about running a match, so we've talked about many things and we've got some good points. Firstly make sure you both wear paintball masks, your goggles just wont stand up to a full paintball round flying straight into them. The main worry for airsofters when facing a theoretical paintballer is thier ROF. A good paintballer with a good marker will come off the break with the gun up and he wont stop firing till hes totally empty on paint or hes dead, theyll keep firing even when reloading. This means you really have to hit them when theyre moving, when they wont be able to aim so well. IF you play them on an airsoft field, rather than a speedball pitch, things are going to be differeent. Speedball pitches are kept preety much clear, aside from barricades, so you dont have to worry about your feet while running. On the other hand, in a woodland airsoft arena, the ground has many obsticals. Stumps, roots, bogs, snipers, etc. This means that you cant run as care freely as a painter would. You have to watch your feet, meaning its harder to get a shot on the move. As well as this, your average AEG (well my CA36), not to mention a nice 500fps sniper rifle, is going to well out range, and in our tests, out shoot a paintball marker. This means if you can get in the middle ground between where you can hit them from and where he can hit you from, your practically invincible. Get in that ground and dont let him move forward, thats how you beat a paintballer!

• 2 weeks later...
If you have no sense at all, pay full attention to this quote.

As usual terrorist killer, you are posting about a topic you clearly know next to nothing about. Heck, even I don't know much about the WA m4, but I know that stock, they are quite pants. (In relation to the price and the availability of much much much much better airsoft guns).

He has no knowlage of any topic he posts about....

the fact hes talking about headshotting as a matter of course is one more tick in the 'spacker to be avoided' box

Archived