D-boys refusing to change manufacturing process.

BlackHawkHarlequin

Damn, arn't Dboys about to bring out a "metal" HK416!!

As far as personal imports go, how are various countries going to check if something is ROHS compliant? I'd assume there would have to be some kind of "kite mark" or something testafying to the fact.

I know its not 100% relevant, but it would be nice to know, in list form, who is or who isn't ROHS compliant.....

Bloody hell, first the VCRA and now the ROHC........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, arn't Dboys about to bring out a "metal" HK416!!

As far as personal imports go, how are various countries going to check if something is ROHS compliant? I'd assume there would have to be some kind of "kite mark" or something testafying to the fact.

I know its not 100% relevant, but it would be nice to know, in list form, who is or who isn't ROHS compliant.....

Bloody hell, first the VCRA and now the ROHC........

there is 2 ways to do it, you can have your products tested by a 3rd party company like SGS or something or you can have the factory make a paper that improves what they have inside of that product, both ways is totally legit ways to do it, have been doing those for more than 1 year now since it came to effect, First they didnt enforce it much but i guess it could differ from country to country maybe some countries would be more strict with them who knows, those where i have imported them havent been any problems with them.

I'm confused Vanderer74. Are you saying that my information - which comes from more than one UK retailer - is equal to your supposition which you haven't checked with anyone? Or are you saying that you've been told they are ROHS compliant?

My principle point is this:

You have suggested that you think Airsoft World are lying. You have yet to present any evidence to support this, so I am telling you now to stop making this accusation unless you have clear proof that this is the case. Is that clear?

I'm confused Vanderer74. Are you saying that my information - which comes from more than one UK retailer - is equal to your supposition which you haven't checked with anyone? Or are you saying that you've been told they are ROHS compliant?

My principle point is this:

You have suggested that you think Airsoft World are lying. You have yet to present any evidence to support this, so I am telling you now to stop making this accusation unless you have clear proof that this is the case. Is that clear?

...no need to make an horse out of a fly...i sell to more than 35 retailers in Europe and not single one have told me that they would have a problem with ROHS for importing DBoys, and its pretty common practise to try to advertise and talk down of other brands and talk better of that what you have stock, everyone does it is nothing new in this business, and does that clearly show that they do not have Dboys products currently (which i think biggest reason is because imports have stopped during the Olympic frenzy almost 2 months now and that is a long time) and Dboys acted on the Ni-CD Ban ahead when its not even requirement just proves my point that they do think what they are doing and for not having ROHS or like the original posted saying "Refusing" to go with ROHS way just sounds nuts and in my personal opinion i dont believe it. And to present an proof like on paper would be very difficult as these companies are underground and dont have official things to go with...so i doubt anyone here has that paper not even JG as that cannot be made inside China(as you do have to have a company to do the test with and if the company does not exist how you do it...and if its illegal to start in the first place :P), and im entitled to my opinion still right? if in my mind i think they are lying, i can say it out loud as last time i checked this was a free world and if im wrong then i have to say that was wrong and i do that but thats my 5 cents on that and lets leave it on that.

It's one thing to say that it sounds a bit strange based on your own experience, but it's quite another to state - as fact, as you did - that it's nonsense, that they're talking blibberish, that they're only doing it so they can sell JG products, or to suggest that they're not a legitimate source of information - all of which you've done so far. If anyone built a horse there, it was you. All you had to do was drop it when I asked you to.

Fair enough, you choose not to believe it. That's up to you of course - you're more used to the illicit business of airsoft in China after all. Whether they've refused or not is irrelevant in my opinion, all that matters is whether they are ROHS compliant or not, and whether EU based retailers can therefore import them legally - even though they're being made illegally in China in the first place. If they're not ROHS compliant, then they can't legally be imported (as I understand it).

And to present an proof like on paper would be very difficult as these companies are underground and dont have official things to go with...so i doubt anyone here has that paper not even JG as that cannot be made inside China(as you do have to have a company to do the test with and if the company does not exist how you do it...and if its illegal to start in the first place :P)

Good point there.

Also:

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/M16_and_M4.html

Taken from the airsoft scotland website...

(snip)

(...) JG are by far the best quality ACM manufacturer anyway so we have lost only slightly to gain much more in the end

Oh, so JG am bestest ACM gunzer, simple fact? Ah, haha. Thanks for that golden nugget of wisdom, airsoft scotland.

I vote for A.S.S. being full of it, too.

Listen, the ONLY way this could be enforced at the border, is if either the Customs officials had a list of things to restrict, or all incoming items from outside the EU had to have some kind of symbol or attached paper work.

The list of items only works if the item itself is restricted, like real firearms, it won't work with types of items produced by different manufacturers....not unless HMCE start thrwoing large numbers of officers at the task. And, I don't need to tell you how paper work can be "altered".

Just like the various government agencies are struggling to enforce the VCRA in the UK, I think that in the main, the ROHS won't have a big impact on items not produced in the UK and EU.

The only restriction will be in the sales from retailers.....and I wonder how this will affect retailers like Landwarrior, Actionhobbys etc....whose main stay of product is the ACM rifles.

I got the same information about Dboys not being compliant and therefore not being able to be imported from Paul at Action Hobbies a few weeks ago.

On a related note, when I was on a Canon Photocopier course a year or so ago , when we were stripping down the machines we had to replace any chrome plated machine screws with "special" ROHS compliant ones and bin the old ones!

Also Ricoh copiers now have different part no.s for motors/boards in some instances specifiying a ROHS compliant alternative!

All this worry about dangerous chemicals yet the engineers that work on them (IE me!) get naff all protective equipment and spent most days covered in toner and developer with "contents partially unkown" written all over it!

Ah the life of a toner monkey, no wonder every time I blow my nose my snot is black !!!

Jim

P.S. JG AM BESTEST chinasoft LOL.

In Scandinavia example for a fact ROHS goes like this, Customs dont check anything it does not belong to them, its totally other instance who works in like in Finland it belongs to TUKES but they have not that much interest for it, if you call customs they will tell you that its not their problem and they will not check it. Its not gonna stop anything whoever has whatever factory if not passed ROHS or something for not importing goods to inside, i dont know how things in UK goes but in the rest of the Europe i believe there is none problems whatsoever for this. Its good to have offcourse but i do not know who the hell would even check it, so far to this date i have not read, heard or saw that someone would have banned something because ROHS was not on their retail store, somehow i just have a feeling this is a rumour being spread someone who is trying to talk down on this brand...that factory applies to Ni-CD ban in advance but would not apply for ROHS?!? thats just insane...and JG btw is selling lots of Ni-CD batteries still and i think they dont have any clue that this ban is coming...but hopefully we can get the bottom of this who is spreading this and HOW someone would know that ROHS is not being applied in this factory items but HOW they know example JG has ROHS...

I got the same information about Dboys not being compliant and therefore not being able to be imported from Paul at Action Hobbies a few weeks ago.

few weeks ago? how is this possible :P almost last 2 months there has not been any imports from China to anywhere... :P was that the excuse they said for not having stock on shelf :P

such restrictions (asking for "CE" marking) could be logic. Here, in France, such thing is already asked for airsoft guns being sent (from outside European Union) to our territories abroad seas (Territoire D'outre-Mer).

And European Union is getting very conerned about toys being shipped from China 'cause of problems with manufacturing process and unhealthy products

no vanderer74

few weeks ago? how is this possible almost last 2 months there has not been any imports from China to anywhere... was that the excuse they said for not having stock on shelf

thats the reason they dont sell Dboys aeg's any more , they still stock Dboys body kits etc.

He also spoke at length about the "olypics" problem.

And dont take this wrong , but I know Paul , and I trust him more than some smug muppet from the forums that I have never met. :P

Jim

no vanderer74

thats the reason they dont sell Dboys aeg's any more , they still stock Dboys body kits etc.

He also spoke at length about the "olypics" problem.

And dont take this wrong , but I know Paul , and I trust him more than some smug muppet from the forums that I have never met. :P

Jim

Its strange indeed...i try to do digging in this end. If that would be the case then should all the other shops also in HK to discard their items of Dboys products so far there is 2 shops: Airsoft Scotland and ActionHobby , anyone find anyone else doing this claim?

<h3 class="news">Rsov.com: Minor inconvenience for French customers</h3> razmak-tran.gif News from Rsov. Apparently, UPS (which is not the best shipping company to begin with) is demanding a CE certificate:

As informed by UPS (United Parcel Service) all packages of 'Toys' being imported to France from all countries MUST have document of 'CE' Certificate of Conformity for proper customs clearance or the packages will be seized and destroyed and cannot be returned to shipper. The new regulation has been commenced today September 18, 2008.

Due to the nature of ACM products we may not able to obtain such document from the manufacturers so we have to temporarily remove the shipping method of 'UPS' from all France customers of RSOV.com to avoid any unnecessary lost and troubles until the situation is cleared.

i noticed this on the airsoftnews.eu UPS demanding but not other shipping companies, so far only France demanding that what i saw.

Its strange indeed...i try to do digging in this end. If that would be the case then should all the other shops also in HK to discard their items of Dboys products so far there is 2 shops: Airsoft Scotland and ActionHobby , anyone find anyone else doing this claim?

As already mentioned, JDA (formerly 6mil, they're my local retailer and just setting up after the partnership that was 6mil was formerly dissolved). There aren't many more UK retailers who stock Dboys, but I'll be asking around anyway.

You still seem to think it's a load of rubbish - fair enough, but as gisburn20 says I know who I'm more likely to believe.

EDIT: Just checked my emails, got a rather lengthy response from Action Hobbies. Back soon...

Right, it seems that both Action Hobbies and Airsoft World deal directly with the factories - not through an agent - and Steve visited Dboys personally. Dboys refused to comply with ROHS, partly because only the UK government was pushing it and they didn't consider it worthwhile. The retailers were offered ROHS compliance documentation, but they would have been fake so they declined. As a result, they'll be buying more CYMA and JG in future to fill the gap Dboys have left in the UK market - hence their remarks about JG perhaps.

Naturally, Paul is a tad upset that they've been accused of lying after putting in so much effort into trying to make sure they could continue to sell Dboys - which Paul points out where actually his best sellers.

So yeah, I'm gonna go with "True", Angus (UK TV reference).

EDIT2: Oh, and Paul thinks personal imports are ok - not 100% sure on that myself, only time will tell I guess, perhaps they're just less likely to test them?

Archived