Airsoft Miniguns

Manstoat

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never really thought about airsoft version of other Miniguns, but looking at these pics, it'd be pretty sweet. I don't know about the pistol grip versions, but a mounted version of said weapon would be awesome.

Gives the option of using them for different loadouts, and, I'd image these would be easier to create, too.

This is about the time where I open the floor to KillBucket, Meathead, and Eltee.

-Vic

The grips, trigger guard and trigger in the OPs pitcure are from SA80s, Probs an A2 if the trigger is what i think it is.

I have been wanting to make the minigun from the origonal unreal tournament for a long time.

never gona happen, but it would be cool.

The grips, trigger guard and trigger in the OPs pitcure are from SA80s, Probs an A2 if the trigger is what i think it is.

I have been wanting to make the minigun from the origonal unreal tournament for a long time.

never gona happen, but it would be cool.

if u have enough money and contact Paul Piper, it is possible. There are alot of ppl that have the expertise and would probably make u a custom gun. killbucket might too.

• 1 month later...

Near-Necro post...

0001mini2008.jpg

0002mini2008.jpg

A mini isn't. It's nearly impossible to walk through a home without crashing things. Adding a chute and pack would only make it worse.

Jesse looked cool in the movie using it, but he would have been tangled in jungle all the time.

I need to design a compact version

airsharp%20616series%20prototype5.JPG

Not something I make and sell, too much work. Fun to tinker with, tho.

Real Minigun Ammo Chutes. They are priceless. Period.

The FEW I've ever seen advertised were snatched up immediately. Prices around $6000 are not uncommon for damaged real ones.

Being made up of oodles of the same part, over and over, I'm intrigued. Because I have my own CNC here in the garage.

Even fake ones that look faithful, cost more than good used car.

Go to build one?

Like the tracks on the Tamiya tanks, you'll see them in your sleep before they're completed. Repetition, repetition. Repeat.

Glad you brought this up. Somewhere out there has to be plastic boxes the right dim's, just needing the bottoms sawed off. Then I could make a simple set of glue or screw-on link plates.

Look up Cable Chain:

cable_chain.jpg

Maybe some size of this could be reworked...

Could I have a towel, please?

"I SEE yer three guns, and I raise you one"

fourminis.jpg

The plan here is "the simplest airsoft mini possible"

After looking at the feature of various minis, it's apparent there's a lot of artistic interperetation going on.

Note the placement of the shock iso's on the new Echo1's vs the Asahi and Toytecs.

The essence of a mini (to the average viewer) is barrels that spin.

So I figure, let form completely follow function. It it isn't needed, it's not here.

No delinker (airsoft BB's are not linked -yet) needed. A small drive motor is all that's needed for the barrel pack, and if it can hide underneath the barrels, all the better, fewer parts to make.

The main bodies are (what else?) 3.5" dia ABS.

All designed full-size in 3d, so all these elements can be used to create actual components that will absolutely fit.

Here's a second render, with one body hidden, to show how an M14 gearbox goes in the middle of each one:

fourminis2.jpg

Archived