T.A.D. gear

blackopssniper92

I bought the TAD stealth jacket purely on a friends recommendation. He loved his jacket and I wanted something similar, I've now had the jacket for three years and wear it nearly all the time. Only issue I find is that it cannot handle a moderate to heavy rain. Does anyone have a recommendation on what I could buy to waterproof it?

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the TAD stealth jacket purely on a friends recommendation. He loved his jacket and I wanted something similar, I've now had the jacket for three years and wear it nearly all the time. Only issue I find is that it cannot handle a moderate to heavy rain. Does anyone have a recommendation on what I could buy to waterproof it?

Weird, I don't have that problem at all. Just about any DWR wash should help, but it might be worth calling TAD. If the issue is just developing though it would make sense, just use a DWR wash and it should get better, 3 years is a long time for a softshell.

The DWR finish on garments fades and becomes less effective with use and washes. I had heard/read that you should re/apply a DWR finish about yearly as part of proper maintenance on softshell water resistant garments. I have a habit of destroying or, more commonly, losing coats and have never done this, but from what I gather it's not a big deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ordered an ME Grey Stealth and an ME Brown Ranger over the weekend (taking advantage of the guerilla 20% discount they had on ME Brown for the latter).

I used to honk the crack pipe of TAD quite regularly, but a couple of orders I placed at the end of 2007 and early 2008 weren't great in terms of confusion and delays (caused by high demand), so I stopped using them.

I went back to them after hearing they'd sorted their customer service and inventory issues (and because I really rate their product - particularly after two years of high street outdoors gear). I'm glad I took the risk. The order processing side of their website is a vast improvement to their old system (which revolved around .pdf order and shipping quotes). My order shipped within one working day.

Hopefully the goods still measure up. I'm sure they will.

Archived