T.A.D. gear

blackopssniper92

That helps, thanks. I didn't realize that the Stealth was not actually a fleece!

So, the Ranger isn't water resistant? What's it like if it gets wet?

Basically I want this for general winter usage (which isn't much here in California) and trips to colder climates. I don't need anything for severe weather but I'd like something I can wear when out camping or whatever that's going to keep me warm, cozy, and dry. From what you've described I think I'm leaning towards the Ranger, does that sound right to you?

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That helps, thanks. I didn't realize that the Stealth was not actually a fleece!

So, the Ranger isn't water resistant? What's it like if it gets wet?

Basically I want this for general winter usage (which isn't much here in California) and trips to colder climates. I don't need anything for severe weather but I'd like something I can wear when out camping or whatever that's going to keep me warm, cozy, and dry. From what you've described I think I'm leaning towards the Ranger, does that sound right to you?

I had a v3 ranger, and wore it regularly. It's defintly a good california jacket ( I live in the bay area ), and should keep you dry if you get stuck in the rain. I played with it last year during a good, heavy storm, and while it got soaked enough to actually retain water, the underlayers were still nice and dry. I would put money on it that the newer versions will do just as good.

To echo the above my Ranger holds rain out well, it's not exactly shower proof but is thick enough that it doesn't exactly hurt either. Bottom line is that you'll continue to be warm as long as you don't mind getting a bit wet. It's definitely warmer than the Stealth and Spectre so sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for.

Huh, you learn something every day. I've never seen that.

The ampersand is actually a short-hand evolution of et. Which, of course, is Latin for 'and'.

Picked it up from a 19th Century volume of Shakespeare while in HS and have used it ever since. (Ditto my Germanic-looking "1"s and "7"s.)

Anyway. You might also check Grey Group Training.

Got my Stealth hoodie in urban brown. Nice piece of kit, should be nice to wear in disneyland with my Fun meter on full, and my suck meter on empty :lol: The pre-formed arms are a bit strange, but I suspect that it's still fresh, and needs to be broken in. Oh, and to those multicam fans with a TAD Fetish, better get the better order your favorite multiglam products now. Seems TAD is changing out the pattern due to Government requests (Pat won't go into much else). BUT, the BattleHoodie LT is going for 123.95! I grabbed one when I was there getting my softshell. Think of it as a "gutted" Stealth hoodie with the need of a good under layer.

Possible signs of full scale adoption by the US Army?

...we can all dream i guess :P

Yes? I do remember a conversation with someone (not at tad) about a year ago about the ACU-Multicam pattern, and that they are considering about going back to Multicam, in 2011-2012. It would make sense considering that there are many more tailor companies who use multicam patterns, that can supply the miltary cheaply compaired to Cyre.

This is looking like a lost cause. Grey Group had some but not in my size, and only in CB - which would be fine if it fit me. I guess it's down to eBay.

I guess this would be one point against waiting until you actually have the money to buy something! No! Buy it on credit! Need it now! Buy buy buy!

Yes? I do remember a conversation with someone (not at tad) about a year ago about the ACU-Multicam pattern, and that they are considering about going back to Multicam, in 2011-2012. It would make sense considering that there are many more tailor companies who use multicam patterns, that can supply the miltary cheaply compaired to Cyre.

even as a garrison uniform? the 173rd got cleared to use it in afghanistan next deployment, and 2-12 is trialing it, but purely as a field uniform.

Got my Stealth hoodie in urban brown. Nice piece of kit, should be nice to wear in disneyland with my Fun meter on full, and my suck meter on empty :lol: The pre-formed arms are a bit strange, but I suspect that it's still fresh, and needs to be broken in. Oh, and to those multicam fans with a TAD Fetish, better get the better order your favorite multiglam products now. Seems TAD is changing out the pattern due to Government requests (Pat won't go into much else). BUT, the BattleHoodie LT is going for 123.95! I grabbed one when I was there getting my softshell. Think of it as a "gutted" Stealth hoodie with the need of a good under layer.

:huh:

You must be using a different TAD than me.

"I swear we already passed that mountain..." (Gen III Explorer, Beyond Tactical Level 3 Fleece)

17458_399763870327_753365327_10440045_5231781_n.jpg

17458_399763885327_753365327_10440047_7754741_n.jpg

"Break time" (Beyond L3 Fleece, TAD Force 10 Cargos in Amphibious Fabric - Me. Gen IV Ranger hoodie, TAD Litespeed pack, Gen II PCU Pants - Danneskjold.)

17458_399763895327_753365327_10440048_6408248_n.jpg

"Good times"

17458_399763905327_753365327_10440049_3617992_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't a fan of the brown either, until I saw it. Right now Tad only has the OD in XXL or L, not XL which is what I wear for tad gear jackets. They don't have the black one in my size or I would have gone with that. It has the same cut as a ranger, but is easier to cool down when it gets hot. (I now love pit-zips too). Definatly a rugged jacket that gets nice and comfortable after a few washings. The color pairs well with jeans, OD, and Multicam. Oh, and if your parents/Wife/Signifficate others don't like you wearing tactical gear as everyday stuff, and they include Tad Gear in that...brown will change their minds.

Bought a Multicam LRP Hoodie, awesome quality, water proof, warm, well thought of, very good design. Very good customer support too.

But, comes to a high price, and they dropped the ball when they got hacked and I had to change my credit card for security reasons, not cool, especially they warned first on Facebook and like 5 days later by email.

Anyway, I'd buy again, but not online that time ^^

Archived