Working on pre-made co2 systems for you guys.

MagnumBB

So,

I just got off the phone with a local pneumatics company here in California and they have agreed to help me develop a smaller compact regulator.

So now I have a reliable 2 stage regulator in the works.

It currently is sized at

6.5 inches long (16.5cm)

3 inches tall* (7.62cm) * at the tallest point

2 inches wide (5.08cm)

Includes first stage regulator to bring it down to 5-150psi and a second stage regulator capable of tuning in the 15-150psi range.

It'll include a 1.5 inch pressure gauge with a visible range from 0-160 psi.

Fitting from system to magazines included. with swivel'd QD female port with disconnect shut off.

Before I start a small scale assembly process and order for this unit, I'd like to know how many of you are interest in such a product and how much you are willing to spend.

I should have pics up of a beta prototype by Saturday.

BTW. these will use the 12g and 16g co2 cartridges.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^

Anyhow currently i would say more people would be interested in getting your bb's off the ground first.

Thats the problem with injection mold manufacturing,

Once I sample the current mold and have them change the specs, its another 2-3 weeks for the molds to be made, sample produced and then shipped to me.

After about 6 samples, I end up sitting on my desk twiddling my thumbs as I wait for the next one.

This is more of a side product that I'm doing to keep myself occupied.

Being trained in gas systems also has me piqued in having a semi-auto NBB rifle built. but this would be far down the line.

So,

I just got off the phone with a local pneumatics company here in California and they have agreed to help me develop a smaller compact regulator.

So now I have a reliable 2 stage regulator in the works.

It currently is sized at

6.5 inches long (16.5cm)

3 inches tall* (7.62cm) * at the tallest point

2 inches wide (5.08cm)

How is this an advantage over a Palmer regulator with a secondary regulator in line?

How is this an advantage over a Palmer regulator with a secondary regulator in line?

Size,

All of this can fit into a shooter's pouch on the buttstock.

using a female palmer's with an ASA to 1/8 npt elbow and a matching set on a 12g quick changer adds allot of bulk to the build. The same also goes when you use the palmer's Rock or a fatty stabilazor,

With this guy, the 12g cup and the first regulator take up the size of a female plamer's

I have parts arriving today and tommorow, so Pics will be up saturday.

first stage regulator attached to second regulator attached to 2 ft of hose with 90 degree swivel and female quick disconnect.

;)

i'll drill and tap your mags at an extra cost

Thing is I would be using it in a VSR 10 so I would need to rig a way for it to feed directly into the gas cylinder

Yea, I'll ship to the UK

V1 is assembled and I am not satified with the second regulator and gauge.

Its currently 8 inches long and I am certain I can trim the length to 6.5inches

I'll have pictures up tonight.

Currently, I am using a brass secondary regulator, I'll probably switch that to an Aluminum/composite unit to shave that extra inch and pound off overall.

The current gauge is a bit to large as well. I'll probably shrink it from a 1 1/2 inch unit to a 1" unit and save some precious space as well. The first stage unit functions flawlessly and can handle close to 100 snaps with an asahi trigger valve and a crecent wrech ( not scienfitic, but I wanted to see recharge rates)

chillindrdude;

The system can be used on anything with a gas tank. Gas in magazine guns like Tanakas or WA m4's can be done as well as gas in cylinder guns like The gas conversion kits for Vsr-10's, Aps2's, or WELL g22/23's

For gas in magazine guns, a hole needs to be tapped for the QD fitting, For gas in cylinder units, a hole needs to be tapped as well.

Heck, The maruzen m93r looks like a good candidate for a pistol job if someone is daring enough.

I have a local player willing to donate a magazine for the conversion so I'll have fps testing pictures well.

edit for spelling

Here is v1 of the setup with a brass regulator and the huge gauge

1012081452a.jpg

Its not pretty, pretty costs money and I want to bring the price of this as low as possible.

V2 should be about and inch and a half shorter length wise and possibly 1 inch shorter height wise.

I'll also flip the first regulator and run the hose the full length instead of the short stubby approach for safety and ease of use.

The first regulator will top out at 150 psi and the second will top out at 125.

Recharge rate is pretty quick.

Pricing is still in the works until I have a final quote for the first regulator, but I am hoping to price this in the $140-$150 range before shipping.

Chances are I would make these in group buy format with a min of 10 orders (Min order for the first regulator) with 2/3 down payment.

btw, bag in background is Magnum BB sample number 7. Very close, but not 100% to my liking, point of injection mold can be seen, but is polished out with very small bubbles. Next sample should be the one up for beta testing. <_<

would you be able to test the fps variance shot to shot when you have one made up, as i would be looking for as little variance as possible

If things go as planned, I'll try to have a video up with performance with a single stage and double stage setup as soon as saturday.

The test will be on a KJW m700 since my tanaka m40 is currently in parts.

Video will include instructions on how to adjust the unit as well a hose placement and etc.

Archived