Working on pre-made co2 systems for you guys.

MagnumBB

Meister,

You'll probably want to do a full paintball style co2 rig if you are going to be using large volumes of air.

The locking thread will not accept an ASA (paintball) thread.

If you need help with building a co2 rig, shoot me a PM and I'll help you as much as I can.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my coldshot this weekend..

mounting to the rifle took about 10minutes and was no problem...

and thats about all that was easey!!

system leaks on top of the first regulator. the white cap thats under the spring seems to be cracked

ore something. came bobels on top of the threaded nub on top of it..

and the outlet of the first regulator leaked to..

spend a load of co2 cartridges to stop the leaks:(

and something else... no matter what i do, i cant make the system go over 130psi on the

gauge.. it should be possible to make it go to 150 right????

you realy shold leak test systems before shipping them out!!!

and seems like the first regulator is a problem on many kits...???

Got my coldshot this weekend..

mounting to the rifle took about 10minutes and was no problem...

and thats about all that was easey!!

system leaks on top of the first regulator. the white cap thats under the spring seems to be cracked

ore something. came bobels on top of the threaded nub on top of it..

and the outlet of the first regulator leaked to..

spend a load of co2 cartridges to stop the leaks:(

and something else... no matter what i do, i cant make the system go over 130psi on the

gauge.. it should be possible to make it go to 150 right????

you realy shold leak test systems before shipping them out!!!

and seems like the first regulator is a problem on many kits...???

Same problem here, sent MagnumBB a PM some time ago. no reply..

So i guess no sniper rifle for me on Berget this year :-/

No sniper rifle for me either on berget:(

glued the nub in the first regulator, got it sealed.. but just to test system i mounted the first regulator straight into the mag, now it should be adjustable from 0-800psi right????

well, just got 530fps on my rifle.. and its fires 470-480 on propane...

any inputs on what to do with the first regulator to wake it up????

okey, reading the entire forum i found out that the first regulator doesn't give more than 150psi, cant get more than 130 out of mine, but at least its not leaking anymore... so now i have to find another first regulator.... ######! 12days to berget, anybody got a gooood idea???

mine aswell, but i dont need it any higher,100-110 should give about 500fps from what ive seen

what rifle do you have?? got any upgrades on it??

got 510-513fps on mine with full throttle... want more!!!!

ordered the madbull co2charger now, its adjustable from 0-1200psi.

going to drill and tap the conector on it, maby that will wake my rifle up;)

on the positive side.. with my fuel hose uppgrade and the cold shot i have never had any more than 3fps in difference on each shot... very consistent!!!

and one 12gr cap last for 6strips of 22bullets!!!

i use a tanaka a.i.c.s.,which is upgraded with a vsr hop conversion and EdGi 6.01 barrel,upgraded hammerspring and impactplates,and gas router spring.

ive not cronoed mine yet, but i know bushman was getting 540ish at 110psi on his vid i beleave, and he has a tanak with pcs like mine, so i expect similar results.

at 130psi mine has a hell of a muzzel crack ,and hits hard, so i expect it to be over 550fps

okey, reading the entire forum i found out that the first regulator doesn't give more than 150psi, cant get more than 130 out of mine, but at least its not leaking anymore... so now i have to find another first regulator.... ######! 12days to berget, anybody got a gooood idea???

Not quite sure what kind of Regulator you need, but Palmers ship to Norway, and if you order now you should have it in time for Berget:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.p...products_id=883

That one's for 20oz paintball tanks though, and while I don't think they have anything that attaches directly to a 12g capsule, you might find what you need of fittings and stuff to make it work with what you have.

I'll be at Berget too, and while I don't have any spare regulators for you, I will bring what I have of spare parts and fittings. Maybe we can make something work...

As long as you're on my side, that is :P

Not quite sure what kind of Regulator you need, but Palmers ship to Norway, and if you order now you should have it in time for Berget:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.p...products_id=883

That one's for 20oz paintball tanks though, and while I don't think they have anything that attaches directly to a 12g capsule, you might find what you need of fittings and stuff to make it work with what you have.

I'll be at Berget too, and while I don't have any spare regulators for you, I will bring what I have of spare parts and fittings. Maybe we can make something work...

As long as you're on my side, that is :P

LOL, im shore you are one of those nato guys?? in that case you might feel my bullets from far far away;) ordered the madbull xm charger from redwolf, so im soon good to go=)

i use a tanaka a.i.c.s.,which is upgraded with a vsr hop conversion and EdGi 6.01 barrel,upgraded hammerspring and impactplates,and gas router spring.

ive not cronoed mine yet, but i know bushman was getting 540ish at 110psi on his vid i beleave, and he has a tanak with pcs like mine, so i expect similar results.

at 130psi mine has a hell of a muzzel crack ,and hits hard, so i expect it to be over 550fps

was it much incrase in velocity and precision with the edgi barrel??

barrel is the next on my list now, just wondering if i should go for the edgi 6.01 or the prometheus 6.03??

got a nice muzzle crack in my rifle to, almost like a 22lr;)

I just watched the video back and saw it chronographed at 523fps (with 0.29g SGM) at 110psi. That is around 628fps with 0.20g! :wide-eyed: That is why I only fire one shot in the film, as I would never use it at 3.67 Joules, in game. At 100psi it chronographs 473fps with SGM 0.29g which is 3 Joules power (568fps with 0.20g)

Even at 80psi it ran 455fps with SGM, that is 545fps with 0.20g. (all numbers were computed using THIS page and data from the film.)

Remember, you also have a more powerful hammer spring; so could be pulling even more :blink: .

I doubt you will need 130psi.

Good Hunting ;)

bushman

i didnt realise yours was with sgms :blink: .i will hopefully get to check it in the next week or two.

im not caring aslong as i can hit 500fps.

before i got the kit, i think there was a prob with my rifle or mag as i coulld only get 380fps on average at max how ever i set the pcs, but its defenatly firing alot more than that now

climber

i couldnt tell you as ive still to check the power and the rifle at range

,since ive added the vsr hop and egdi barrel the guns shoots very straight and accuratly from the few times ive used it, i hadnt even used the rifle before upgrading though so cant compair it to that

i will do a full report when i get to check the rifle on a game day,but my regular site is having problems with the land used at the moment,so cant say when that will be

I just watched the video back and saw it chronographed at 523fps (with 0.29g SGM) at 110psi. That is around 628fps with 0.20g! :wide-eyed: That is why I only fire one shot in the film, as I would never use it at 3.67 Joules, in game. At 100psi it chronographs 473fps with SGM 0.29g which is 3 Joules power (568fps with 0.20g)

Even at 80psi it ran 455fps with SGM, that is 545fps with 0.20g. (all numbers were computed using THIS page and data from the film.)

Remember, you also have a more powerful hammer spring; so could be pulling even more :blink: .

I doubt you will need 130psi.

Good Hunting ;)

thats a big proof that your upgrades work real good... what you tell here is that on regular propane you will shoot over 600fps on a good warm day!!? (120psi at 24C)

can you please double check with another chrono the next time you are able to???

and with 0.20bbs.

thanx for help, and helpful answers....

Based on my data,

The failure rate on the first regulator seems to be approaching the 9% with 5 failures. 4 failures of the first fitting and 1 failure with an overextended height screw dislodging the regulator assembly from the housing.

The failure rate on the 2nd regulator is 2% with 1 failure

and the failure rate of the QD fittings, 1% with 2 stripped threads ( based on number of male fittings sent out)

Most of those who have e-mailed about leaking 1st regulators have been spoken with and replacement units sent out. ( Roskov, Incoming PM)

Total sold, 51 units. 10 CONUS and 41 Global ( %'s are rounded)

Issues with the first fitting have been resolved for the most part.

Anyone else with issues are welcome to e-mail me anytime at Info@magnumbb.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the whole gas-sniper concept, and I'm thinking of getting one and convert it to Co2 when I get my hands on some money, one (possibly stupid) question though; Why not use the mags to store the Co2 just as pre-converted? My thinking was to use the Madbulls Co2 charger, used to charge Co2 grenades, to fill the magazines just as you would with the propane. This question might seem mighty stupid to you, but please bear with me as I'm not well oriented within pressure... or the internal function of gasrifles... at all...

Using a madbull gas charger won't work.

You could fill it with Co2 vapour at a regulated pressure, but it'd only have enough for maybe 2 or 3 shots.

Or you could use it to fill the mag with unregulated liquid Co2 (don't do this, ever) which would mean the mag would be under 800+ psi of pressure compared to about 120psi for normal propane/green gas. Normal gas mags are not designed for Co2, at best the valves will just blow out before any serious damage can be done, at worst the mag could rupture, explode and kill you or someone else nearby.

Never ever try filling a normal gas mag with Co2.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived