Force Recon Kit Discussion. Mk2

crackisbad

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How typical, after spending the last two years gleaming bits and pieces for my FR loadout, a couple of new bits arrived in the post this week, so I was moving pouches around and trying to get the best set up that I could, I had finally got myself a set of suspenders to hold up my 1st line gear.

I put it on my Paca, Belt order and my MBSS and then realised just how much it all weighs, I didn't even have any mags in the pouches or my camelbak in my MAP, it felt really cumbersome and tight on me. I mean i'm no wimp, and I'm not a fattie either.

I've also had an old woodland LBV arrive so that I can use some of my old Alice gear for woodland games, so I put the alice gear on, loaded some mags in the pouches, put my pack on aswell. Christ it felt so much lighter and so much more comfortable. My girlfriend came back in as I was clearing my kit away and said why don't I just use my Alice kit instead, "But i've spent a fortune and so much time and effort into getting all my FR gear, and because it looks so much cooler"

Her look said it all.

I'm glad with how my FR loadout is coming, I think i've only got a couple of little touches and it will be ready, but no way is it Hi speed. I'm now Lo speed, Hi Drag.

It would be nice to get together with some other guys who've got FR loadouts for a game or even for some pictures.

you can have an accurate, "tacti-cool" kit that is still very functional. use what you want to use for yourself, not what other people use. im tiny, and i did it just fine.

-Joe

I see USMC MEU's are getting more and more similar to MFR & MSOB, from a loadout perspective that is !

A MEU isn't really a unit, its more of a ship with Marine Corps assets on board. Which includes a Recon Battalion element, it used to be a Force Recon element. There are regular infantry guys on a MEU too, there are also mechanics, supply guys, motor transport guys, and air wing personnel. I believe that the 11th MEU has 2/4 as the main element.

090920-M-7747B-011.jpg

A Marine with the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit’s reconnaissance platoon removes a fragmentation grenade from his grenade pouch prior to conducting a live-fire exercise here Sept. 20. The platoon was in Hawaii Sept. 17-22 for final training before deploying with the MEU Sept. 24.

(Official U.S. Marine Corps Photo by Sgt. Scott Biscuiti)

090920-M-7747B-013.jpg

Cpl. Joe Missildine tosses a fragmentation grenade during a live-fire exercise here Sept. 20. Missildine and other Marines from Reconnaissance Platoon, Battalion Landing Team 2/4, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, practiced insertion methods and conducted live-fire weapon shoots Sept. 17-22 for final training before deploying with the MEU Sept. 24.

090920-M-7747B-021.jpg

Sgt. Anthony Jacks emplaces a Claymore mine during a live-fire exercise here Sept. 20. Jacks and other Marines from Reconnaissance Platoon, Battalion Landing Team 2/4, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, practiced insertion methods and conducted live-fire weapon shoots Sept. 17-22 for final training before deploying with the MEU Sept. 24.

090920-M-7747B-017.jpg

Members of the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit’s reconnaissance platoon look on as an incendiary grenade burns through an ammunition can here Sept. 20. The Marines in the platoon conducted live fire exercises, employing fragmentation and incendiary grenades, and Claymore mines.

090919-M-7747B-002.jpg

Marines with Reconnaissance Platoon, Battalion Landing Team 2/4, 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit, organize their weapons and parachutes while preparing for a jump here, Sept. 19. The Marines practiced methods of insertion and conducted live-fire exercises Sept. 17-22 during final training before deploying with the MEU Sept. 24.

Haha I know where these come from, if you want more I can ask his permission to post the other ones ! :P

By the way if anyone is wondering why they are in civvie clothes it's due to the fact that they paid a visit at an Italian base so they weren't really on duty ... but obviously they had to take their weapons and gear along for the "trip".

sorta, only thing i can see thats all that similar is the MICH w/ norotos. the vest they are using is just an MTV

have a look at the pouches, it's all FSBEII Issued stuff

A MEU isn't really a unit, its more of a ship with Marine Corps assets on board. Which includes a Recon Battalion element, it used to be a Force Recon element. There are regular infantry guys on a MEU too, there are also mechanics, supply guys, motor transport guys, and air wing personnel. I believe that the 11th MEU has 2/4 as the main element.

I see, so the Recon Battallion element is nowadays very similar to what remains of the Force Recon assets (3rd and 4th) whilst 1st and 2nd are now MSOB units.

I guess that explains why they are getting issued FSBEII equipment. ;)

have a look at the pouches, it's all FSBEII Issued stuff

which look just like just about all the other pouches the rest of the Marines have now a days lol or at least i cant tell much of a difference lol

anywho was interesting none the less :)

which look just like just about all the other pouches the rest of the Marines have now a days lol or at least i cant tell much of a difference lol

anywho was interesting none the less :)

Allied industries MAP, MBITR and Flashbangs aren't really common on MEU guys, at least until now that is. :)

I've been googling a bit, but I can't find just what I'm looking for.

If I have a MEU 1911, RRV w/ backplate and MAP, and an M14 DMR, could I pull off a FR-kit, or maybe something else?

I'm going for a woodland kit, so I'm thinking on getting a MARPAT (WL) and start working in the right direction. What else would I need to make a fairly cool, simple and not too expensive FR-kit?

I'm also getting a new M4. Should I throw on a DD-rail and all that Tier 2 stuff?

The guy in this pic has a black pouch (gerber), can someone tell me what´s in it?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

They're using some kind of multi tool, although I don't know which model they use or are issued.

If I have a MEU 1911, RRV w/ backplate and MAP, and an M14 DMR, could I pull off a FR-kit, or maybe something else?

I'm going for a woodland kit, so I'm thinking on getting a MARPAT (WL) and start working in the right direction. What else would I need to make a fairly cool, simple and not too expensive FR-kit?

I'm also getting a new M4. Should I throw on a DD-rail and all that Tier 2 stuff?

I'd suggest you have a look here for the equipment they use: http://www.specwargear.com/FSBE2.html

You can find a lot of chinese copies of the gear nowadays. Pantac/Flyye have a decent and reasonably priced range of FR/MSOB gear.

Edit: the Block 2 stuff isn't a must, unless you want to go for the most up-to-date loadout. You could still pull it off with a PEQ2, a 512/552 and an SF M951/961

Yeah you can use your M14 DMR.For a MFR loadout you can use vests like CIRAS Land, RRS-V, MBSS, just depending on what you want.Do you want a DA loadout or maybe greenside ops one?

Is that MJK? I know it's been seen before just wondering if this is further confirmation.

As well as those CIRAS being MARITIME.

Probably is MJK , MARSOC are issued to it and also to MARCIRAS as all US SOCOM units.

I´ve been searching for it at Ebay for a long time and I didn´t have luck, and the one I´ve found finished extremely expensive.

I can't remember the sellers name, something to do with Vixen, maybe vegas vixen, anyway they had a lot of CB eagle and Allied goodies for sale, I was almost salivating over the items they had listed, but they ended up going for quite a bit, and then you've got shipping to Britain and then customs charges.

Might be worth a try to see if you can find the seller, they had a lot listed.

Hope it helps

Archived