Factory Tournee part Deux!

Frontiers

maybe have different year models, or continent etc. im sure there are always some differences :), very rarely have anything just one exact model.

nopes ALL of the 44s have the safety lever done like that.

If it was the only way they could make it functional it would be fair enough but by looks of it both that safety and the fireselect bolt are just cast as part of the receiver so I cant see any reason why they didnt bother to get it right

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If indeed that is a genuine AGM prototype I guess the AGM MP44 will more or less be a copy of the Ultima 44. If I remember correctly they use a sliding fire selector like the one pictured rather than a swiveling one like the real thing.

Any idea what sort of magazines AGM intend to supply with the MP44? Please don't say Hi-caps! :unsure:

If indeed that is a genuine AGM prototype I guess the AGM MP44 will more or less be a copy of the Ultima 44. If I remember correctly they use a sliding fire selector like the one pictured rather than a swiveling one like the real thing.

Is the selector in Ultima located where the bit circled in blue is in the AGM MP44?

various.png

Ultimas version looks like the AGM does (the rejiggled lower with grip angle and length altered versus the original 44)

The ultima has the (relocated) safety lever double up as a sliding fireselect (safe semi and auto) while the original round push thru fire select is part of its casting.

The AGM looks like both the fireselect AND the (relocated) safety are moulded into the casting

Is it really that big of a deal? It's the first mass-produced MP44 AEG!

and? folks regularly *suitcase* a bucket when an AR or AK has had minor details wrong, hell folks even complained when the Star L85A2 shipped with mags that had RG base markings

Given the fact

a its quite likely to be the only mass produced 44

and

b the part has zero functionality and is just part of their receiver casting

then all the more reason they could have got it right

The MP44 is still a prototype right? There is time to correct any detail errors if they are pointed out and explained to the makers? If they care? Sometimes these things get sorted anyway once the developement shifts from prototype to production.

Fingers crossed it gets made at all.

its pretty far already, i dont think there will be any changes for moulds, you know Moulding a single gun can be very expensive, easily 5000e - to 10 000e for their moulds if you make it from scratch and cannot use any other model parts to make it, its not cheap business to do.

What do you mean the ACR looks more like a SCAR? They look nearly identical besides the location of the charging handle. You could always put any one of the stocks or handguards on either model.

I am suspecting you may have been under the impression the RAS handguards or the UBR style stock was unique to the ACR.

He is very right. The ACR has a railed hand guard(which Thartwig was probably thinking of), the medium/carbine hand guard( like the one shown on the A&K Masada, and my favorite one), and a long one. Then their the 3 different stocks, the folding/collapsable stock( the one shown on the A&K Masada, and the most scar looking one), and UBR looking stock, and the PRS stock. plus another reason i dont thinks its for Magpul PTS is because they said they would use Systema internals for their ACR( and probably all their AEGs but i cant remember for sure).

maybe have different year models, or continent etc. im sure there are always some differences :), very rarely have anything just one exact model.

Just to clear that up, the AGM is based on the Stg44. In vanderer's pictures, the top (AGM) is a Stg44, the bottom picture is of a MP43

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as51-e.htm

But as everyone has said, who cares, MP43, Stg44, Mkb42, its all the same......make it!

It looks like you are right guiness. And just wondering, why do i hear that it would be impossible to get the grip angle right? I found actually that a version 6 matches the angle very closely, but even using a v3, you could simply make a different motor mount. However, is there something i am missing?

As for any inaccuracies, as long as it looks very close to the real one, i can fix those problems, and it will be a lot easier than trying to make a whole new one.

photo of the 44 with krumlauf on guns.ru is reversed. Thats the right hand side with ejector port and full length pistol grip thats being shown not the left hand side with the cutback grip, safety lever and cocking handle

image on there should be this way round

mp44.png

If either of the two could be claimed to be a 43 its the AGM thanks to the single ridge on the rear sight mount

mp432.jpg

mid production MP43/1 with single ridge (early ones had a split ridge, later ones and 44s had no ridge)

All of them 43, 44 MP/StG had identical position for the safety lever and all of them had the cutaway left hand pistol grip (only real differences externally between them are muzzle nuts, barrel profiles and length/size of the stocks most of those affecting 43's)

I cannot see any of the pictures that vanderer posted, what is going on?

It means they have found all the other pr0n on your pc and they are about 30 seconds from busting your door down!

...run!!!

:P

Archived