Do Eotechs shatter?

Panoptes

• 1 month later...
This is how the protector looks on a real EOTech. That's the same kind of protector that Danke posted.

There are several versions for each brand of replicas. It's not like the China made ones that has a distortion and a general fit for all different clones. These are crystal clear and are specific made for each brand for that custom fit. The rear view shows how the protector is clipped in place for a secure fit. Up to you guys on how you want to protect your sights but I think mine looks great. ;)

Received one of these today. It's crystal clear and fits with a precision I'd previously not seen in airsoft. Thanks bruce_M4 :)

Wrong forum...

This is a discussion forum for gear, not for guns, or stuff that attaches to guns. It's for gear, things that you wear. Like BDU's, vest's, rigs, boots etc.

You may ask questions like "I want an MEU impression - what do I need in the way of gear, guns and accessories" because the whole 'impression' falls under 'gear', but just saying "What guns do MEU use" is not gear discussion, and please post purely gun/gun accessory related topics in either the general discussion or newbie discussion sections.

Thanks. :)

Moved.

I bought one of those lense protectors about 18 months ago and I was brave enough to test it while it was on my real 512.

I shot it from about 10 feet away with a stock CA MP5 doing about 295 fps. The lense on the protector did not break however the joint where the arm is bonded on did break and the lense protector came flying off.

And that was after 2 shots on semi, I did speak to Bruce about it and he was looking at a better way to bond the arms but has not come back to me.

Has anyone tested the GGG protectors? I recently acquired my 551 from a forum member on here and just e-mailed bruce, but was also browsing ebay and came upon the GGG protectors. Any experience with these or testing them with a BB?

I know you wouldn't be able to use it in a game, but just as a seconday protection cover. Still gonna see about getting one from Bruce of course.

Eots do break.

I manufacture small quantities of eotec protectors that are sold through Airsoft Armories. You have to ring them, they never bothered putting them on the web site.

Much neater than 'Danks' or the others, lighter, distortion free material, 1 piece construction, so nothing to break off. Front & rear protection.

Fits all hooded eots in minutes, clone or real. Wont fall off.

The material I use is 1mm thick & I have tested it point blank @ 665fps with a .2g bb. It left a small dent. Full auto point blank 400fps, .2g, six shot burst; 6 dents, barely noticeable.

Contact them for details, PM me if they are out.

Please note, they are sold via AA, 'cos I can't be arsed with p&p etc.

Greg.

Thanks for the info there Greg. So I take it no one has tried the GG&G protectors when your Eotechs are in storage??

Because you can't fit one of those and a clear lens protector (as far as I can see) I went for the latter. The GG&G ones look great, though and have been widely cloned (though I would think the GG&G original would be miles better than the clones). I guess in terms of in transit protection, I may go for one of the KA hoods.

I manufacture small quantities of eotec protectors that are sold through Airsoft Armories. You have to ring them, they never bothered putting them on the web site.

Please note, they are sold via AA, 'cos I can't be arsed with p&p etc.

Greg - Interesting business model, mate ;) . I'm intrigued - do you have a pic?

Edit: clarity.

That they do. That's why I was a lil hesistant to think about using mine in a game unless it had a durable plexi glass protector on it, then and only then would I play with it. But now I'm considering getting a clone just in case, since at least the clones are almost like nothing, if it breaks ya you'll be mad, but then again depending where you buy its only 100 or so down the drain, and of course unless you have a protector on that depends on how long it will last you. My real one will be more for dressing my gun up for photos and for RS shooting as well.

how do i get it?

The clue is in the 'sold through Airsoft Armories' bit. :P

Google them, get their phone no, phone them up, say "please may I have one of Greg's eotech lens protector thingies".

PM me if you have difficulties, but as said I don't supply these direct, as I (for fear of repeating) can't be arsed with p&p & don't do paypal. If you are closer to me (West London) than AA (Little Chalfont) perhaps you should PM me.

This is not a sales pitch & I don't want to upset anyone on this. I only mentioned it as it seemed relevent to the thread.

Greg.

Greg - Interesting business model, mate ;) . I'm intrigued - do you have a pic?

Yeah, I'm not exactly 'entrepreneurial'. Though I do run my own (relatively) successful business. :D (Not airsoft related.)

When the tech clones first came out (& were the 'must have'), I got one & thought, "that's gunna break".

I made up a protector (after loads of extensive research on design & materials :D ) for myself. As unprotected ones started to break, I made a few for my mates. This came to the attention of AA who asked me to make a batch for them. Terms were favorable, so I did. I figured I'd use that batch to test the water before going for a patent & larger batch production. Unfortunately, this years 'must have', became last years 'has been' & it took them over a year to shift the first batch. I really didn't think it was worth an attempt at global domination. Amazingly, most people seem happy to pay £100 odd, 'go naked' & take a chance.

Having said that, the product is good. Very good. I have subsequently made a further batch for AA & also sell them myself, at skirmishes. Originals are still like brand new & I have not seen a design that comes close. Someone will inevitably make a copy & retire off the back of my hard work, but hey. :rolleyes:

I don't have the facility to post photos.

Greg.

Having said that, the product is good. Very good. I have subsequently made a further batch for AA & also sell them myself, at skirmishes. Originals are still like brand new & I have not seen a design that comes close. Someone will inevitably make a copy & retire off the back of my hard work, but hey. :rolleyes:

Just patent or copyright the things. Surely the investment of time and resourses you've put in is worth securing your rights to the items? :unsure:

Have you considered making protectors for other types of scope/lenses/things? I could use some scope protectors, and BB-proof taclight lenses, etc.

I'm not saying the market is huge, but if they're good quality - as you say - and you can make them to suit most items that might need them, I can't see how you'd lose out. But hey, what do I know about business?

EDIT: Also, it's my personal experience that AA are not to be trusted and I wouldn't go near them to buy anything, given the chance. Perhaps if you were to branch out a little, with a patent and some more designs, it would be worth contacting other retailers as well?

1, Just patent or copyright the things. Surely the investment of time and resourses you've put in is worth securing your rights to the items? :unsure:

2, Have you considered making protectors for other types of scope/lenses/things? I could use some scope protectors, and BB-proof taclight lenses, etc.

3, I'm not saying the market is huge,

4, but if they're good quality - as you say - and you can make them to suit most items that might need them, I can't see how you'd lose out.

5, But hey, what do I know about business?

6, EDIT: Also, it's my personal experience that AA are not to be trusted and I wouldn't go near them to buy anything, given the chance.

7, Perhaps if you were to branch out a little, with a patent and some more designs, it would be worth contacting other retailers as well?

1, How much does that cost then?

2, I do.

3, It ain't.

4, They are & I don't.

5, I don't know, what do you know about business? (See 1 above. :) )

6, That's a shame, they have always been good for me.

7, There are only so many hours in the day. Perhaps a bad decision, but I'd rather spend 'em on other things. Like actualy playing airsoft. :D Snowboarding, fishing, shagging, idle gossip on Arnies, you know, the basics. ;)

Greg.

Shagging snowboarding fish idly gossiping on Arnies? Been there, done that.

:D

Greg, if I was to own a EoClone, I'd buy one of your protectors.

However, as I don't and don't intend to for a while, I won't. Sorry.

That's very nice of you to say, thanks.

& I don't blame you about the Eots, very over rated.

Greg.

Archived