Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread is too quiet. :P

I already posted these on RA, but I figured they might be interesting to people over here too!

Here is a picture of KGB Group A from the late 1980's showing them with Swiss TIG helmets:

photo9.jpg

These were imported into the USSR for anti terror teams as no analogues were produced domestically at the time.

If you're thinking, "Gosh they look familiar!" You'd be on to something.

IMG_0554.jpg

Below on the left is the TIG helmet and on the right are two Altyn helmets (the predecessor to the K6-3):

TIG-Altyn.jpg

Externally the helmets are very similar. The placement of radio equipment and the visor hardware or nearly identical. The only dramatically distinguishing feature is the visor, which on the TIG is smaller below the viewing port.

The similarities continue to the interior as well:

TIG:

TIGliner.jpg

Altyn:

Altynliner.jpg

Altynliner2.jpg

The two Altyn interiors show the differences in the helmet edging (don't know the proper term). One features the smooth rubberized finish while the other features a synthetic material that kind of looks like kevlar. The latter finish is typical of the as yet unmentioned predecessor of both the TIG and Altyn, a West German helmet made by Ulbricht:

ulbrichts.jpg

Ulribrichtsliner.jpg

Curiously, the Ulbricht features the suspension separator with red button like the Maska helmet :)

Another thing to notice about the Ulbricht helmet is that the radio equipment is reversed and it's missing the block on the opposite side of the mic that the TIG and Altyn have. I don't know what this does yet, but I think it's for the speakers inside the helmet. The radio equipment also features a different connector than the other helmets.

I'm not sure whether the Ulbricht was imported into the USSR like the TIG.

Continuing from the previous post, here are a few pictures showing the various helmets in use by the FSB teams A and V.

K6-3:

503-1.jpg

4683610m1m.jpg

Altyn:

500.jpg

IMG_0534-2.jpg

TIG:

44514130-2.jpg

October93-23.jpg

Rys-T (not Russian I know, but interesting):

32.jpg

Helmets I'm not so sure on!

Ural (I think!):

17977446313-1.jpg

Ulbricht with smooth edging and different mic?????

a_3632.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hehe, ofc everybody is also welcome to add information on http://forum.izhmash.at ;)

and here you can see some Details of the 6sh92-5 and the Grad-2:

the part on the back is made a bit different:

6sh92-5

dsc_221817rj.jpg

Grad-2

dsc_2219795t.jpg

the buckles on the left and right side for the dropleg VOG pouch on the 6sh92-5 (these are missing on the Grad-2):

dsc_221502qo.jpg

dsc_2216e5an.jpg

and finally some minor differencies on the shoulderstraps:

6sh92-5

dsc_2221fagp.jpg

Grad-2

dsc_2220z44t.jpg

Attempted to bleach my chicom on the advice of a fellow forumite, to give it a more afghanistany look for an upcoming game

Well it looks like one of the pouches is much more at home in afghanistan than the others :huh:

snc10536rec1.jpg

snc10537klxt.jpg

Another slight differance between the grad 2 and 6SH92-5 is the sh carries a7.62 type magazine rather then just the straigher 5.45 mag [Have both myself too :) ]

DarkMM :flamed:

The magazines go into the pouchs fine on my grad 2 but the arc of the magazines throws the cover off about 2cm preventing it from sealing, so not quite fitting. The 6SH92-5 on the other hand covers the 7.62 mag without any restriction and seals.

Now of course this may be something that differs from production run to production run [or Marlow shrinking the pouchs somehow before I bought it from him :D]

On another matter -

Izhmash Junkers Airsoft gun?

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/yunker5.shtml

6mm plastic BB? Mag capacity seems it's a version of the standard CO2 Junkers airgun.

Archived