XM8 at AD!

Soloman

I would say it isn't the prettiest thing ever but in some pics it has looked reasonably good. Can see what a lot of people say about it looking to sci-fi maybe cause it doesn't jump out at you as looking errr....functional bit more like they made it all sleek and stuff to look hi tech? ...I dont know :mellow:

XM8.jpg

XM8 slide show thing

Personally I love the way the m8 looks, but not the airsoft version, I like the smooth handguard. The scope needs to be functional also, and the green needs to be a little more camo colored for my tastes.

post-5794-1114978513_thumb.jpg

Not that this matters to anyone. But I heard that the U.S. Army turned down the M8 project. And if the army turned it down I'll bet that the USMC will as well.

I'm afraid that the US army didn't turn it down, and it will probably enter service in the last 3 months of this year, according to the H & K website. So I think the USMC won't turn it down, if they have agreed to use it by next year!

this is a really, really, REALLY bad kit. horrible feel, weight, build quality, finish, etc. there is nothing good with this kit. if you wanna turn your really cool, realistic G36 into a toy, this kit is the way to go. and i'm not saying this because i dislike the rifle, i'm saying it because it's true, and i've had experience with the kit.

From what I understand, the USMC is perfectly satisfied with their newly purchased M16A4s with RAS systems. They have no interest in switching to the XM8 as the US Army is.

The whole point of the XM8 system is modularity. You can swap out barrels, attach a red dot or a scope, XM320 Grenade Launcher, etc. However these aftermarket p products most likely won't come out until a large manufacturer starts making them. I mean honestly who'd make accessories for a kit that will be found few and far between? Besides, this is not even the finished product. If the Army does adopt this, there will probably be more changes which may affect cosmetics. I mean this kit is already an inaccurate representation of the current XM8 which has several improvements already. Even if the kit was made from good materials, I find it almost pointless to buy.

I love the looks (and more important functionality) of the XM8. However, the GWS kit doesn't even have a working sight, nor the improvements incorporated by the second generation. I'd pass.

Yep, the "sight" is an absolute joke. Hence, the modification:

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/phot...14xm8-1-med.jpg

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/phot...a/2/14xm8-2.jpg

As for the person above who said the kit sucks.......well, everyone has their opinion. I've seen far, far worse airsoft products than the GWS kit. Once assembled, it is as sturdy as a typical AEG (TM M4, G3), but definitely not an AEG that is regarded externally sturdy (like the TM AK47, Thompson, M4-S, CAM15, G&G GR16).

As for the ergonomics of the rifle, it feels and fits really well. Very easy to shoulder and manuever. Just seems to "fit" the user well.

you got that right, there are worse things out there than this kit. but i found that this kit is actually *less* sturdy than the average TM AEG. after handling this, i handled the TM G3SG1, and it (the G3) was far more sturdy. the ergonomics aren't bad, but nothing better than the G36 one must butcher to make.

Archived