XM8 at AD!

Soloman

I personally love the look of the XM-8. Didn't you know they said the same with the G36K when they first released it? Being more polymer than metal in addition to that futuristic "toy" look. Yet now its being relegated to the real thing while the XM-8 is the new toy. In ten years, i bet someone else will say the same about some other gun or something.

I think the main beef is that it's an XM8, not the finalised M8. Already there are RS versions more current than that kit, and there will probably be a few more changes before/if the weapon leaves the experimental stage.

I quite like the XM8's look, but the current configuration looks less toy-like than that kit, and so I wouldn't buy it on grounds of accuracy alone. That kit is already outmoded, and I don't see the point in buying something to stay current if what you're buying is already old news!

...if you wanna turn your really cool, realistic G36 into a toy...

I hate to break this to you, but all airsoft guns are toys.

I'll pass on this, though. Will wait for a decent kit/AEG version to come out.

Also, the marines quite like the M8.

I hate to break this to you, but all airsoft guns are toys.

alright, ya got me on that one. what i meant was turn it into something that feels like a toy, rather than just perform as one. semantics are my worst enemy!

i don't really mind the RS XM8, though i don't really see why it needed to be made. from what i understand, it's just a G36, only with a different look. feel free to correct me, as i'm sure i missed something in there. to me it just seems like they wanted a G36, only "American" made, since we ALL know that ANYTHING made in america is of superior quality.

[/sarcasm]

I dont know but I think when, or, if this becomes the new US gun it might become more popular?. Seeing these things in a film on tv or somewhere normally makes you see things slightly differently I suppose. Mind you buying full teched up looking gear acupat, multicam or marpat might be a tad harder. Again though it might come down to looking functional (which altough the M8 is suppost to be it maybe looks as everyone says "like a toy") when we start to see this new generation stuff on the news or in films I think people will be won over

Untitled-2%20copy.jpgUntitled-3%20copy.jpgUntitled-4%20copy.jpg

Untitled-5%20copy.jpgUntitled-6%20copy.jpg

wonder what they based it on :D

willarm2.JPG

:offtopic::blink:

...Oops anywho

Yep, the "sight" is an absolute joke.  Hence, the modification: 

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/phot...14xm8-1-med.jpg

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/phot...a/2/14xm8-2.jpg

As for the person above who said the kit sucks.......well, everyone has their opinion.  I've seen far, far worse airsoft products than the GWS kit.  Once assembled, it is as sturdy as a typical AEG (TM M4, G3), but definitely not an AEG that is regarded externally sturdy (like the TM AK47, Thompson, M4-S, CAM15, G&G GR16).

As for the ergonomics of the rifle, it feels and fits really well.  Very easy to shoulder and manuever.  Just seems to "fit" the user well.

Woah, nice custom job there Austin!

IRT Topic -

yeah...the kit does seem to be a bit too shiny and its only the prototype representation of the XM8.

What can be done (just FYI in general) is this:

- Update the red-dot sight with the Bushnell inside of it to make it removeable from the gun itself, and change the outer shell of the red-dot sight to fit in with the 2nd generation of the XM8 to include a laser unit (the one currently seen on hkdefense.us), and check the videos to see how the red dot is removed from the gun.

- The carry handle needs to be removable and needs to have a small flip up iron sight on the carry handle near the front of the red-dot sight. See the current XM8 brochures about this

- Remove the stupid XM8 logo.

- Create a new magazine that fits the XM8 - if anyone cant get their hands on a G36KV (any of you in northern europe...) the KV version uses XM8 mags, obtaining one and replicating the design would be great.

- Electric Blow-back system - just for the coolness and realism. (Idea: if anyone in the States has been to Universal Studios Hollywood (California people?) - the 3-D Terminator show "cast" has really loud guns (they could be blank firers, though), but it would be really nice if we could get our airsoft XM8 to fire with a loud BANG) - with the EBB system a user operated mechanism near the trigger (see XM8 videos) would restore the "bolt" and slide cover and charging handle back to their original positions when a new mag is loaded.

- Sling points - find places to attach Sling things.

- Put a flip up iron sight near the barrel on top of it (see new XM8 brochures)

- Round the handgrip and upper portion of the forward receiver

- Figure out a way to mount a small but high resolution camera onto the red-dot scope or onto a camera above the barrel but below the flip up iron sight, and then link it to a Proview SL35 Monocular camera receiver, Land Warrior style...

- Flash-hider needs to be replaced with the M16 flash hider

- Modify a lower handguard by attaching a modified Star AG36 (turn it into the XM320) to it.

- All handguards must be interchangeable easily.

- The Battery must be mounted inside the stock, not the handguard.

alright, ya got me on that one.  what i meant was turn it into something that feels like a toy, rather than just perform as one.  semantics are my worst enemy!

i don't really mind the RS XM8, though i don't really see why it needed to be made.  from what i understand, it's just a G36, only with a different look.  feel free to correct me, as i'm sure i missed something in there.  to me it just seems like they wanted a G36, only "American" made, since we ALL know that ANYTHING made in america is of superior quality.

[/sarcasm]

The RS XM8?? Looks like a G36? I think you have it confused with a XM-8 Prototype rather than the rail version of the XM-8.

This is the XM-8 Prototype

post-5247-1115094436_thumb.jpg

Are you getting it confused with the prototype or are you actually talking about the XM-8 R? (Look in the PDF in the center)

XM8_Inside.pdf

They are all prototypes. Until the XM8 becomes officially adopted as the M8, all versions will be prototypes.

True but I meant that the top pic was a earlier version of the XM-8 Prototypes.

yeah, i do think it looks like a more streamilined G36.  heh, i like that "prototype" picture, really.

Well, that was a earlier protoyped but I personally prefer the current more "streamlined" XM-8 :P .

Archived