Anime

crackisbad

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we got a snippet of glorious Red Steel High before it shifted back to Sensei.  You can tell the mangaka is still going with a passion for "the ebil east" by mentioning the bankruptcy that is already been dealt with the pseudo-privatization of IZHMASH  and other matters.

What I don't get is this:  From what we have seen before, the Guns can be injured and whatnot, but we have never seen one bleed in the way Sensei did when he was shot.  However, it has been established that Sensei did not suffer actual damage because "he is human."  Yet, now his is supposedly a Browning design (I've heard some folks saying he is the BAR), but that would mean that the bleedout would have continued back then because as a "gun" he would have been critically injured, right?  Did the author just go and retcon his character for some reason, or is he stumbling because he had Sensei's name kept unknown for so long in order to make it plot relevant someday and jumped at the chance to make Sensei be a gun despite previous plot saying otherwise?

I get the feeling the author is going to try and put in the "west paved the way for Kalash" story, which I despise because really any gun design can have influence and characteristics of another and there is no reason to attribute everything to everyone else but the folks who actually developed something (yes, I am one of the folks who attributes the Kalashnikov rifle design to a group of people alongside Kalashnikov but still gives respect to him as well for his spirit in the process).

Anyways, I gots to see RPK-san again and see more Red Steel folks (who I vainly tried to guess each of them during the confrontation), so yay.  I did expect SKS to be different though for some reason.  It was interesting that there seemed to be concern with Vz 58 going along as well on the venture.

Also, is it just me or is the author (or more likely the translators) getting more edgy with language?  Lots of F's flying around now for some reason.

Hmm bit of google fu found this

"The design influences are accepted openly, even by Kalashnikov himself. As any firearms designer will know, much of his work is compilative - even more so when all the designers are considered comrades working towards the same goal. There were a plethora of sources for imitation, including open borrows from Browning, Remington and Sudaev (who died before finishing his entry to the same project), and controversial borrows from Bulkin (the main competitor at trials) and other competitors."

Maybe he's a human with some relation to Browning himself?

I wouldn't give too much thought into it. I mean, the whole premise is a bunch of guns being personified as young girls. As much as I painfully went through the TV series, all it's really for is to satisfy gun otakus. Discrepancies in plot and mythology are irrelevant. But yes, I think the teacher is actually THE Browning and not merely a gun made by him.

On a side note, the new GITS blows. As expected, episode 2 is the 2nd half of the last OVA and the preview reveals the 3rd episode will be the first OVA by means of a flashback. Regarding the replica by Laylax, they now have physical models, but no other details yet. Personally I think it's fugly.

http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/laylax-ghost-shell-arise-rifle

GITS guns or rather Masamune Shirow guns have always been messed up when it comes to proportions. Just look at the old C26A from SAC. Pretty neat looking gun until you realize the area between the trigger finger and thumb web is only about an inch long.

Wished someone would bring back the poseidon MN-23 as a nice complete detailed AEG.

• 2 weeks later...

I lol'd at one of the comments regarding the chapter and HK32.  The HK32 uses it's own magazines though (but this is a manga and thus most magazines end up looking the same, the vz.58 magazine for example had me suspect).

VZ.58 was pretty much boss (got the whole "stern bodyguard friend vibe), now I wish it wasn't ares making one....

Also, the author does like to go for fragment damage to the face a lot now.

I get the feeling that the author is going to go for "invade Red Steel High and prove the West is Best in final showdown" scenario now, even though really just having him visit shouldn't be so blown up, but that is what the author is going for.

For some reason lately I find myself having three mangas that are basically slice of life/rom on tab that I go read a few chapters of throughout the day, kinda nice from just reading one thing in a blitz.

Soo I've kinda had to time to catch up on a few of the newer shows that started recently. Only a couple stand out though.

Namely kekkai Sensen, which is hilarious and awesome. I recommend it if you like awesome animated fights, slapstick and monsters.

tumblr_nmnu36yrTv1qi6xzyo1_500.gif

Also more Knight of Sidonia season 2, which has grown on me even if it is taking a bit of a weird turn. Besides those DanMachi is also pretty good if a little service heavy at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My brother kept urging me to watch it and the moment I got through the first episode I understood why. It's like a cross between Battlestar Galactica and Shingeki no Kyojin.

Strongly recomend to watch 2-nd season with a bottle of vodka...  :wacko:

I recently read most of a series translated as Imperial Guards, and it wasn't until I was back at the site page that I realized the author was the person behind HOTD.  Part of me went "how does he go from this epic war series with a good mc, emotion, etc. to "that"  " XD

I heartily recommend it.  Wish I could read the light novels, as supposedly the manga is only 5 volumes. 

• 1 month later...

Apparently there is another survival game series airing now Aoharu x Machinegun.

I watched the first episode just now.  It seems to be a middle ground between C3-bu's mechanic explanations (and actual bb's being used) and Sabagebu's sound effects.  Got that matrix bullet time nonsense as well.

Not sure if it can be jokingly called the Free! of survival game series (not counting the MC). 

Archived