Monda 7.62 ACR/Masada concept

speculator

here's a nice video of the RS Massoud.

It's basicly a ACR in 7.62 NATO.

But still, the AK mags in the video suck.

What AK Mags that's a 7.62x51mm (.308) Masoud not a 7.62x39mm Masada/ACR and the mags actually look like 7.62 P Mags.

Hey DyNo! when trying to look down on other people try to get your facts straight first. In the Original Post the link Clearly shows the 7.63x39mm version using Polymer Ak Mags, the clue being that it says so! If your refering to the video posted on this page, like I was it is clearly a 7.62x51mm (.308). Bo where do I see any mention of a version using 5.56 Ak mags.

So I guess that makes you a right pompous pillock, just coz you may shoot RS doesn't mean know you know better than airsofters, some of us have been shooting for thirty years you know.

Have a nice day :D !

Let me throw in another caliber: the 5,45mm x 39mm!

That would fit the magazine curve and that older Magpul Masada Flyer.

Well yes it probably would but the clue is in the video title"ACR 7 62x39 AEG".

This video may be new but just like the short barrel just being released, this is just a modifacation (new lower receiver ) to the original Masada/ACR so why does it need a new thread?

Hey DyNo! when trying to look down on other people try to get your facts straight first. In the Original Post the link Clearly shows the 7.63x39mm version using Polymer Ak Mags, the clue being that it says so! If your refering to the video posted on this page, like I was it is clearly a 7.62x51mm (.308). Bo where do I see any mention of a version using 5.56 Ak mags.

So I guess that makes you a right pompous pillock, just coz you may shoot RS doesn't mean know you know better than airsofters, some of us have been shooting for thirty years you know.

Have a nice day :D !

Just because that is what it says doesn't make it true.

It still isn't.

I wouldn't put too much faith in firearms knowledge from Asian bootleggers but hey - if it makes you happy.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=248&page=1

I know this because I have a pile of them.

Well yes it probably would but the clue is in the video title"ACR 7 62x39 AEG".

This video may be new but just like the short barrel just being released, this is just a modifacation (new lower receiver ) to the original Masada/ACR so why does it need a new thread?

If this isn't worth a new thread then neither would any other gun based on one released before be. Which means its not allowed if anyone brings out an out of the box Thompson 1928 or if(okay when...) TM do another 1911.

I actually like this (concept) - as others have commented it is a rather nicer twist to the 'tactical AK' idea (yes I am fully aware it is not an AK in anyway)...

I saw an item on 'Future Weapons' on Discovery where they highlighted something like this and showed the dis assembly and reassembly into a 7.62x39 model. Fantastic. It solves many of the problems Special Forces have with using a SOPMOD AK...

And I will join the section of thought that says this is a 'pretty' looking design. :)

Look forward to it's eventual release...Whenever and if that ever comes about.

Just because that is what it says doesn't make it true.

It still isn't.

I wouldn't put too much faith in firearms knowledge from Asian bootleggers but hey - if it makes you happy.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=248&page=1

I know this because I have a pile of them.

Yeah 5.56mm AK mags exist, but what is point of making a Masada that can use them, the standard Nato STANAG Mag is 5.56. They make them to use 7.62x39mm AK mags so covert Ops behind lines can use soviet ammo. This is so they are not leaving nato cases lieing around if they get involved in a firefight and don't have time to pick up the empty cases. Often it is very important not to leave behind any trace of who has been their, so the polititions can deny involvment of SF Troops. It also alows them to use ammo they take from their enemy, as often they arte behind lines for weeks on end and supplies can run low. 5.56 AK's are generally civilian weapons made for the US, they are seldom if ever used by the military.

One of the guys from MagPul posted on a forum that the AK mags were 5.56. That was a years or two ago, shortly after the debut.

Forum was either arfcom or lightfighter. I forget which.

Archived