TAN Safariland 6004 holster replica(s)

chas

Actually, I wouldn't go that far. I have two holsters for my Sig, one with and one without. The one with light is a Safariland, the other one a..."Safiland" Its not that bad. the holster isn't coated on the inside like the real ones, but the locking hood works aswell as everything else. fine with me

You guys do realise you're just weekend warriors, right? You just carry a toy in that holster, and not only dont you need a real one, but the chinese fits the job just fine.

I have owned both a real one (bought on this forum for just 60$ and just because I wanted a tan one) and two chinese ones. The only difference that could matter if you painted your gun is that the interior on the real ones is lined, but the chinese ones wont scratch your guns either.

And the chinese holster have a feature that actually makes 'em better than the real ones and its the rubber threads in the leg straps that prevent them from sliding up and down. Also, the material of the straps is more durable.

And the same thing goes for the chinese Serpas: have owned both real and replica and the second gen. of chinese holsters was pretty much the same but in darker material.

Isn't it to get as close as it gets to the real deal?

Who cares if the Chinese replicas are nice or not, there are three points which should never been forget.

1. Replicas are economies death. (licensed products loose their reliability standard, since the optic of the replicas are exactly the same as the real one but they crack, sliver, worn out, loos the color, get deformed ect. There are a lot of such problematic's also in electronic business)

2. Replicas are a safety issue. (Manufacturer doesn't care if the replica is a problem for your safety since they don't need to or are they producing according to any dedicated ISO/EN/ANSI moralities? NO!)

3. Replicas are an environment issue. (The crafting process is actually no process its just a mass production without any control part. Who cares if your replica holster contains toxic components do you think the 16 years old Chinese really cares a sh-it about this??

I could tell a lot more points but at the end of the day it doesn't count since a couple guys here don't understand how the world is working and how our own behavior can affect the thing in a positive way!

Cheers

All of the Chinese Safarilands are bad. For the price they sell for on eBay, you can often buy a REAL ONE for cheaper. I also fail to see how a tan Safariland is newsworthy, since you can just Krylon the black ones (which will probably increase their structural stability... <_< ).

Maybe we should have a section where Chas just repeats whatever he sees on websites and posts it, because that's pretty much what's happening now.

All of the Chinese Safarilands are bad. For the price they sell for on eBay, you can often buy a REAL ONE for cheaper. I also fail to see how a tan Safariland is newsworthy, since you can just Krylon the black ones (which will probably increase their structural stability... <_< ).

Maybe we should have a section where Chas just repeats whatever he sees on websites and posts it, because that's pretty much what's happening now.

Don't be an idiot. Alot of people appreciate your news updates chas, myself included.

Good idea, or... or... we could open a thread where you guys can whine every time a copy of an exclusive product becomes affordable to everyone. Dont feel so special on the field since everyone can afford knock-off Safarilands, EBRs, M249s, etc.? suck on it.

And I dont want to krylon a black one, because then it'd look like it had been kryloned and I want it to look like its factory coloured. Just like evryone else who buys tan accesories, sometimes even pays a little extra.

And, Ill repeat, they are NOT BAD. I have owned 1 real Safariland, 1 real Serpa and have bought over 50 chinese copies of both and they were all fantastic.

EDIT: thanks, gunnermaniac

Whining? Ha. I'm pointing out that the copies are ######. I don't care who owns a Safariland or a knockoff. They (the knockoffs) are not very well made and if I was serious about retaining a $100+ pistol I certainly wouldn't cheap out on a poorly made holster. You're a clone homer (Austin - great word), and it shows. But for god's sake, every time you see an item on a website, don't create a new thread about it.

This is the same BS as with the first clone guns: at first: "They break out of the box." When they didnt: "Lets see if they hold up a few months." Now: "They wont last 5 years like my Marui."

I have owned: 9 marui AEGs, 2 G&P AEGs and one CA. 4 Marui GBBs and 2 KSC GBBs. The difference here is Im not a high-end hater: you are a clone hater.

Seems that a couple guys here are to stupid to diversify the task.

Maybe you have to google "diversify" then you are meant!!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

On a different, more coherent note, I do appreciate Chas' posts here, since I don't bother to look through every site for new products. He enables my laziness.

I'm not sure I'm on board with one of these Safauxrilands. I'll use a real one for my baby. Saving $60 on a holster for a $600 pistol seems silly. That being said, if I was new to the game and rocking a stock GBB, I might consider trying one of these out to give me the feel of one without spending the extra coin. The Safariland 6004 is not for everyone. It is a noisy little sucker when running through brush, with every branch smacking the plastic.

This is the same BS as with the first clone guns: at first: "They break out of the box." When they didnt: "Lets see if they hold up a few months." Now: "They wont last 5 years like my Marui."

I have owned: 9 marui AEGs, 2 G&P AEGs and one CA. 4 Marui GBBs and 2 KSC GBBs. The difference here is Im not a high-end hater: you are a clone hater.

We're not clone haters. You're an intellectual property and a Yankee hater. (You see, you hate things that are made in the US.)

Well. Maybe I made the latter part up. But PlasticMag's point stands. The clones are not as good as the original article. And they aren't any cheaper, either. (And if they are as good, why have you purchased 50 of the buggers?)

But, then again, we could sit here and argue Simmons versus Swarovski all day. So let's boil it down to the basics:

A decent quality clone has emerged of an excellent quality holster. They cost the same. One is made in the People's Republic of China, the other in the People's Republic of California. "You can take the Safariland or you can take the Commieland: It is the same price." :P

A decent quality clone has emerged of an excellent quality holster. They cost the same. One is made in the People's Republic of China, the other in the People's Republic of California. "You can take the Safariland or you can take the Commieland: It is the same price." :P

Could you please post a link to the shop where I can buy a real Safariland for 62 USD, shipping to Spain included? Hell, even if it costs 80$. The cheapest I could find was 130$ + shipping (another 40$). So, for the price of a single Safariland I could buy nearly 3 quality clones. I have a black clone and I can confirm that they are quite good. Only flaw I could find was a slightly rusted SLS which made it a little hard to open. Easily solved, though.

Obviously, as Chas has stated before, he didn't buy 50 holsters for himself; he bought them as a group order (which I missed for only a couple of days btw :))

But I'd really like to see a shop where they sell authentic Safarilands for, say 80$, I really do. I want an OD holster for my Glock, but can't afford to pay 170$ for it, and I don't want to spraypaint a black one.

Regards

Archived