Pistols only in Woodland.

FireKnife

I go pistols all the time.

Loads of fun. I use my TM Desert Eagle. Awhile back I was sniping a few guys that were not aware of my presence. Funny as *suitcase* when I see the looks on their faces.

Personally I find my GBB pistol to be more reliable then my rifle, but that could just be me since I take care of it.

Well now that i finally have my custom TM MEU and my 1911 up and running the next game and all future games will be pistols only for me. I have been using a MEU before but now i have a new one.

The two of them can put a .3 through a Marui target at 15-20 metres. 75% of the time within the centre two rings.

'FireKnife'

Get yourself a AEP from TM or CYMA and use it for a backup to your TM MEU. Spare magazines are pretty cheap as are the batteries. Use your MEU for those long shots and then whip out that AEP for when it gets close and nasty.

I have a TM MEU and four 1911 style mags, that is it.

Since you aren't often going to get within that 20 metre hit you won't need many shots anyway, the 100 i get is more than enough.

If you are worried about playing pistols only for the first time, get a guy with a decent AEG to support you, he keeps there heads down, you sneak around and catch them out.

'FireKnife'

From time to time I only use my pistol... I actually find it more comfortable to get around with only the gun. But at the games I'm at, we often play semi only, so the pistol doesn't give as much disadvantage as you would get from using pistol against full auto highcrap AEG.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the POR article back when I still posted at ASF, and it really interested me, but I never acted on it until now. I recently sold my AEGs, and am going to a pistol only play style, with a TM 1911 and 5 magazines. It really simplifies things, as I no longer have to worry about charging batteries, and am significantly less encumbered with gear and long guns.

I've been bubbling over with excitement about doing this for the past few weeks.

I saw the POR article back when I still posted at ASF, and it really interested me, but I never acted on it until now. I recently sold my AEGs, and am going to a pistol only play style, with a TM 1911 and 5 magazines. It really simplifies things, as I no longer have to worry about charging batteries, and am significantly less encumbered with gear and long guns.

I've been bubbling over with excitement about doing this for the past few weeks.

Good luck to you mate!

I've used my TM MEU only in two OPs already. I did pretty well for having to only see a couple of fire fights. Hell, on saturday, a friend and I ran with pistols only and we did pretty well. One round we even had to clear the base of a small hill from the road with one other(who had an AKS-74U) and did so pretty well. Its a very high speed and stealthy technique in woodland. Sadly a lot of debree on the ground will ruin those ninja skills <_<

A lot of people here seem to go for the 'high speed, low drag' option on pistols.

Mine is more stealthy, using a hit and run approach or a distraction one instead with little noise makers and traps, gives me the chance to catch small 3 man groups out easily.

'FireKnife'

with a TM Desert eagle and Six mags ive held back a whole team before now. admittidly they werent a very brave or organized team (there were about twenty odd though)

can be done just needs good target chioce and solid accuracy on your part.

tm MEU is definatly my next pistol purchase though. they seem like the chioce of the real handgun fans out there and my WE 1911 isnt upto the task less its really warm out.

Some of you guys are nuts, ha.. loading out with five pistols! There’s certainly nothing more entertaining than using just a pistol… but I do always feel like a goof when I do it. :rolleyes: If nothing else, I think it’s a test of personal skills to use nothing but a handgun. You have to be better than most other players on the field, definitely. Worth doing now and then just to make sure you’re on the ball.

Basically if you realize you’re not holding a bb hose and play accordingly, you can be perfectly effective. I do it occasionally, though admittedly it’s usually when I have a rifle down or if I’m loaning my rifle out (only once on the latter). I did it at a couple big pickup games when I was between working rifles.. I just used my trusty Western Arms Para Ordinance with only one magazine… I wasn’t as effective as usual, but certainly pulled my weight. I got a few good hits and managed to keep some heads down, so you can definitely compete with pistols.

There is one pistol game I’m darned proud of, though. It was at a team practice, and we had a few new dudes there. I lent one of the guys my TM Type 89 and went with the ol’ WA. It was 4 on 5 their favor. Our two groups engaged head on, more or less in lines facing each other, us within a tree line and the other guys out in a field with copses of brush as cover. I was the guy on the left-most flank, and the action was all in the middle and to the right. I’d sat waiting for contact, then realized heck, I could probably pull a flank move on my own.

I moved out around the right flank of the enemy guys through some long grass, and by creeping from brush pile to tree and so forth, and wound up behind a bush a few feet from their right flank guy. I ran up and tapped him out. They were spread basically in a line, spaced about twenty feet, so I just ran along the line and tapped the next two guys out too. I got to the guy at the far end of the line, and wasn’t sure if he was hit or not, the way he just sat under a tree. We both looked at each other for a sec, asked.. “You out..?” “Nah.. you?” “Uh.. GAAAHHHH!” We freaked out, he jerked up his AK and opened up, I hit the ground and crammed off as many rounds as I could. I wound up plastering him, and miraculously his hail storm utterly missed me. Four down.. :D

So there was one dude left, and I didn’t know where he was other than somewhere further up, between the two main lines. Idiotically, I felt my luck with the pistol was out, so I dropped it and grabbed an M16 lying on the ground. I should have wondered why that M16 was left lying on the ground, but in the heat of the moment, I just wanted the darn firepower.

I now advanced up from their left flank, technically at our own line, trying to pincer the last guy in there somewhere between our right flank. There was a long exchange of gunfire and yelling from just ahead of me around some brush, and it sounded like someone was crashing through the grass towards me. I dropped to the ground and waited to fire, and sure enough, around the clump of brush dashes the last enemy guy. I cut loose at full auto, which freaked the *suitcase* out of the dude, and he ran past me as fast as he could. I did not hear him call hit. I realized the gun was out of ammo, and I’d been shooting blanks at the dude. A few seconds later he got waxed by my pursuing teammate, but all I could do was slap myself on the forehead for ditching a gun I knew worked for a discarded rifle… It was the game where I *almost* killed the entire enemy team..

Anyway, that to me is the epitome of a pistol game.. Sneaking around behind, lightweight, quick and quiet. A total rush. Uh, and pardon the novel..

Personally I prefer handguns over rifles, when I play I have a few pistols/machine pistols(Mac11/m93r) I carry 2-3 and I love running around akimbo. I find it a lot easier to move when i don't have a huge rifle, a plate carrier, and a ton of mags on my chest. I mean i can more then carry my own (I'm 6'0 and 200lbs) but i prefer to agility i get from running only with pistols. I really should get a TM Mk 23 tho, I need something with a bit more range, I should have never sold my HFC Mauser c96

I find that my TM 1911 and MEU have easily the range of most clones and cheaper guns when i stuff some .3's in it.

The range i get makes me glad i don't bother with AEG's as even with stock barrel and hop the TM 1911's are amazing.

Now to get some better mag pouches for my 58 rig and then i will be playing all pistols until i die / leave the sport / airsoft becomes illegal.

'FireKnife'

Good point there, definitely. The TM and WA hopups are about the best I've ever seen in a pistol, and better than many AEG hopups out there. Doesn't always necessarily equate to better range, but the range can certainly be great. I'd agree, easily better than or at least comparable to most clone AEG's.

That said, I guess it depends a lot on who you play with and what they carry. If most of the other players have clones or stock guns, you can be very competitive with a pistol. You still can against upgraded AEG's or high-enders, but it depends more on the players in either case.

I hit fields that typically have about 3/4 the guys with very upgraded AEG's shooting as far as AEG's can be made to shoot within safety limits, and who happen to be military/LE and are thus GOOOOD, and a smattering of other dudes with cheapo's and/or springers. Because of that, personally I have a hard time making a pistol stand up against the AEG's. Even so though, I've gone against those guys with just a WA. I did ok, but I got waxed more than I got hits. Not that I didn't enjoy the living heck out of it, though. With a GBB, it's just darned difficult not to. :D

Ya, I have to add the personally I get a bit a of thrill being out gunned. I mean it just makes things more interesting, you have to adapt to an entire different mindset to run with pistols as compared to AEG's. Mobility is key! That goes without saying, once you get pinned down by an AEG there's not much you can do, maybe hope he has to reload, I have to play agents several support weapon users, so I never get that much of a choice. besides that, learning to be a trickster comes in handy. Use rocks to throw and make noise, talk loudly as a member of the other team (as long as you dont lie about your team in the process, that's cheating...) There's a whole list of things to help give you an edge, you just have to come up with you own.

Archived