Stable belt holster?

Yeah, the holster is the most crucial bit as punky says. Also, since I'll be using a VSR type rifle I only need pistol mag pouches, anything bigger is a bit overkill (might get an alice M16 mag pouch for admin and maybe a bottle of ammo.) Yeah, I'm thinking I may go to war and peace, or ask someone who is going to pick one up.

Cheers!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for sniping, i run a molle belt, with 40mm grenade pouches for L96 mags (X3), pistol pag pouches (X5, leatherman in 1), rangefinder pouch (non molle, cable tied on), radio pouch, and a double plce ammo pouch, threaded through molle loops, and also cable tied on.

i use one of the ammo pouches as a holster for my sig 226, and the other for admin (tools, ammo, chamois, secateurs, speedloader etc), and find it a very stable setup, even when running at full tilt. very cheap too.

i will admit, its not the fastest of draws for a pistol, but my thinking is, if you need to draw fast, your fieldcraft has gone to *suitcase* and you should learn to play better! i know othes will say different to this :P

hope this helps bud!

edit: tried the whole thigh holster thing, with a cheapy one, was horrendous. i will highly recommend a serpa dropleg platform, its solid as a rock, as said before, but wont recommend this for sniping. again, each to their own, but its something else to catch on things. and it will, trust me...

Err, I meant replace the LC2 with the belt kit I suggested, and either holster a pistol in one of those pouches, or get a pistol as well and add it on there ;)

Just thinking the Bianchi thing looks a bit naff, that's all.

Ben.

Hmm, I like older (not molle) US stuff, has a certain simplicity to it. No that I'm totally opposed to molle, I can see it has it's uses but it just doesn't rock my socks (also trying to pull of a lat-am guerilla with molle is hard :P ) What I'm currently thinking is an LC2 belt and suspenders, at least four pistol mag pouches, a bianchi or the safariland holster, an LC2 M16 mag pouch and a radio pouch. If I find this can't carry enough stuff or doesn't fit my play style I'll look into getting more stuff. And shmook, yeah, gotta agree on the thigh holster thing, I don't like the feel when running or kneeling and it make a pistol very tricky to get to when prone. The chance of snagging or nocking your pistol against something also goes up. I use a high crossdraw at the moment on an assault loadout and that works pretty well, fairly stable easy to get to in a hurry, the vest I use would be pretty pants for sniping though...

I don't snipe, but I can't see a serpa being ideal, because its rigid and you're gonna spend alot of time prone, I imagine it would just fill up with mud and get *suitcase* in your gun, or maybe clog up the mechanism of the holster itself. The m12 does seem more suitable for what you want to do.

I snipe, and spend very little time prone.

I value having a dependable holster with a nice secure fit. It has zero movement, being attached to my vest, and the handgun is always there when I need it.

But I like your Peep Show quote in your signature :lol:

Ben.

I snipe, and spend very little time prone.

I value having a dependable holster with a nice secure fit. It has zero movement, being attached to my vest, and the handgun is always there when I need it.

But I like your Peep Show quote in your signature :lol:

Ben.

Ben thats cuz you're scared of getting the 'locks dirty. :P

I'm going to be getting a sniper rifle fairly soon which means a slight change in kit when I use it. I'll need to be using my pistol a fair bit and a belt holster seems like the way to go (would allow a general belt kit). Thing is I've got a TM hi-capa 4.3 which as anyone who's used one knows is a fairly heavy gun. This means I need a reasonably stable holster. I've had a look in this section for information on it but I've only found that people use belt holsters but generally not any info on what specific kinds (or if there is they're either pretty expensive or not compatible like this mold holsters, sometimes both). So, what will be a good stable way to carry my 4.3 without breaking the bank?

Cheers

As mentioned before, a BHI SERPA holster mounted directly on your belt would be a good choice. I use this setup with my Glock 17 and I am thoroughly satisfied with its stability, accessibility, and durability. In my opinion (and experience), a clean draw from a SERPA holster will buy you those precious few seconds needed to engage a close-range target.

Plus, at $40 shipped, they are well-priced.

Ok, slight change of enquiry but I thought since I already have one sniping enquiry thread open, why open another? (it's like internet forums environmentalism!) I've done a poor man's chrono on the rifle and it seems to be running around 400fps (went through the bottom centre of a drinks can but not the side though it left hefty dent) so I'm wondering what ammo to use? Currntly using blaster devil .25s and they seem to perform nicely with a few fliers (when they shoot straight, boy do they shoot straight though!!) so, do I need to up the weight and what brand is the most consistent?

Cheers again!!

Also, I'm getting a friends holster for free so I'll be trialing that, if it doesn't work as well as I like I'm thinking the bianchi and pick one up from war and peace.

Ben thats cuz you're scared of getting the 'locks dirty. :P

:bleh: The cheek of it! :bleh::lol:

That, and there's absolutely no need 99.99% of the time, because unless you find a really good spot, you don't tend to stay in one place long enough to need to get prone.

Crouching works most of the time for me.

Ben.

:bleh: The cheek of it! :bleh::lol:

That, and there's absolutely no need 99.99% of the time, because unless you find a really good spot, you don't tend to stay in one place long enough to need to get prone.

Crouching works most of the time for me.

Ben.

I play CQB and i get prone a lot. Then again it could be just because I don't mind getting dirty :P

Archived