Who is up for a Prohibition game?

FireKnife

True, there is guns we are likely to see and those that are allowed, only just.

Basically i would gather we would get a lot of players turn up with either M1911A1's or Thompson's, maybe even M500's and bolt actions, but i doubt the turn out will have a lot of 'obscure' weapons. As i am not looking at more than 30-40 players anyway (20 would be best i say) i doubt much will be else other than the above.

FCS Bristol, when i played, got 10-15 of us and it gave loads to do, i would say at a maximum 2-30 in a site like that would be ideal.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, that figure was based around using Dragon Valley, which is what I think has been the best suggestion so far - mainly because I would personally like to see as many guys as possible there.

But, its like you say, whatever site we use its only going to be 30-50 max so I don't think we have to worry about being strict with gun rules.

can you PM me some details for Dragon valley airsoft site please.

things like a map of where it is, and if they have a website link that too please.

Again on the gun restrictions :P. if most people show up with period correct guns, and the rest have lookalikes then i would be happy.

if someone shows up with an m4 i would kick them off site personally <_<

http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk/

its a really good site - the website I mean. Everything you need to know is on there.

BTW, if we did use it or one similar (Urban/Open site) then we could always just limit ourselves to one part of the 'map' in oreder to keep things more tight quarters.

I dont think anyway of us would have qualms about hurting the feelings of a guy with an M4 if we kicked him out.

And dates, along with interest from others, as there is only 3 of us at the moment.

But at least this is cheap a loadout to do.

'FireKnife'

Aye, heres mine so far:

DSC01655.jpg

-old school leather hat

-cheap brown pinstripe suit

-dark brown belt

-shoes (not the ones I will wear, they have no grip whatsoever, I will use brown boots)

-old school hunting overcoat

-beige shirt (will probably use white instead)

Pics still needs:

-brown waistcoat

-tie

-holster/pouches

-my brown boots

-gun (obviously)

Well duh, that is why it is my tagline.

I just can't get enough of them, the only other gun i love that much is the TT-33 but as no airsoft replica exists i am more than content with my 1911A1's, especially as by this time tomorrow i will have two.

I am even planning a 1911 appreciation day in 2011.

But yes LMS is a good shootout film, even if a bit of an odd idea.

'FireKnife'

My list:

Pistols:

M1911/M1911A1

Luger P08

C96

Colt .25 Pocket

S&W M&P / Model 10

Rifle / Shotguns:

Springfield M1903

Mauser M98 / K98

Winchester 1982

Mad Max Sawn Off

Mossberg M500 (black & wood)

VSR-10 realshock

APS2 Sporter

M1917 (Lee Enfield)

C96 Carbine

Ruger Mk.II carbine (custom wooden foregrip?)

Submachine Guns:

M1928 Thompson

M1A1 Thompson

Automatic Rifles:

BAR

M14 (oldschool)

Unsure:

Walther PP / PPK (as they were made in early 1930’s but would be tough to get into the US).

Beretta M1934 (could be an earlier model like the ’31 but again same problem as the PPK).

Ruger Mk.1 (as an alternative to the Colt Woodsman but a bit powerful for pistol use).

Well if you put 134a in the C96 and Ruger Mk.1 pistols they are both sub 1j if i remember rightly.

But we could be worse on our limits, like having only US weapons, though i doubt you will see many players with Luger's and such anyway.

'FireKnife'

the ruger is 400FPS on green, making it probably 350-360 on duster.

not really good enough :(

The m1892 is closer to 500 FPS on green, so even if i do have one, it probably wont be coming. (might bring it just for the photos)

Just a note on the mosberg shown above, those ghost sights are the only difference between that and the other m500 you put up, and IIRC the ghost sights come off with just some screws from the outside.

you want a TT-33? I just so happen to have two airsoft TT-33s.

One is currently under the knife to make it a colt 1903.

what films should i watch before this game. we need a list for that too :P

Public enemies

Last man standing

oh brother where art thou?

more please

I would be very interested in this though finding period clothing is hard. I asked for some advice on 50's era clothing for a Dragnet loadout on here some time back and got sod-all feedback from anyone.

Period weapons is also hard as heck. Would a Python be permitted for revolvers? How about M79s to simulate break-breach shotguns (which they practically are anyway). I dont really see many usable rifles or any SMGs other than the Thompson.

Movies?

The Untouchables

Road To Perdition

Also, although they are later-era, almost any episode of the original Dragnet (with Jack Webb) could be used for mission ideas.

It's a yes from me on the revolver front, any black revolver that hasn't got anything too modern about it, e.g. tritium glo sights is okay by me. Plus, its a handgun and from what I can tell we are currently trying to promote as much use of handguns as possible for this game.

No for the M79 though, it doesn't seem right at all somehow.

Just a note on the mosberg shown above, those ghost sights are the only difference between that and the other m500 you put up, and IIRC the ghost sights come off with just some screws from the outside.

I was referring to the finish, not the sights. My point is that somehow allowing the silver M500 seems an allowance to far - or at least it does to me.

M79 definatly not. There was nothing like that in the real world of 1920-30s gangland fighting. "breach break" shotguns is all well and good, but moscarts are in a different liegue.

Python, probably. Its the wrong era but its similar to the revolvers of the time. as with a lot of the other things, its accepted but not requested :).

Archived