Who is up for a Prohibition game?

FireKnife

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now to find a Colt .25 as my backup.

You could try www.evike.com for your Colt .25?

Also, just to be pedantic, there is an airsoft Tokarev TT-33, but not only is it fairly rare, it's also made by Hudson.... so basically a wall hanger. It's a real shame no clone company has made a decent metal one, but I don't think it'd be too popular unfortunately.

Here's a link for it anyway, http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=16616

DK.

Now that would never happen lol.

I never look happy in my pictures though, i just look stern.

Also i will be using a different jacket as that one is around two sizes too big, i have a smaller and more comfortable one, but as that one and the other were only £10 each i can't complain.

'FireKnife'

Yeah, if anything they look more like 8 sizes too big. If by 'other one' you mean from the pic in the other thread then let me say that one was much better. Makes no difference though, any suit should do fine. Besides we are gonna be wearing goggles so were are not gonna be 100% there anyway.

Speaking of which are we going to take some pics? And are we going to take some posed pics too, just to show off our game to the rest of Arnies?

That is the plan.

But if we do the pic and the 'best dressed' idea i had then it should contain all period kit.

In fact the only things i have that aren't 100% period are my mag pouches (leather too expensive) and boots (well most boots or shoes you wear with a suit will fit anyway).

'FireKnife'

Deffinatly group photos at the begining/end/lunch/whenever.

Making sure that the M870s, pythons and other non accurate weapons, clothes and so on are out of shot.

Update on my .38 machine pistol: Front grip is epoxyed on(3rd time the charm) and it has lasted more than 24 hours so far(first one lasted 48ish and the second one was abouut 8 hours)

I have tried to do the proper full auto mod... and botched it :(, i have allready done the improper full auto mod and just need to short stroke the slide and its done. I also want to cut another notch for the slide lock so i dont end up spraying gas and no BBs.

Last big thing on the list of things to do is a big mag, and i have no idea how(exept to give it to candyman or someone similar to do the job for me!)

Must get some pictures... will do soon.

I have been planning the big mag mod for the M1911A1 too, and i had a rough idea on what it needs.

Basically you will need to cast a longer shell, one that is around double the length, a longer screw ended rod to hold the base plate in and either a double length spring or two regular mag springs put together, the base plate, mag lips, valve and all the rest are fine, just the body of the mag, the holding rod and the spring need changing.

And yes we will keep the non-Period guns out of it, even take mags out an safe guns so we can pose without goggles and eyewear for a better look, maybe even B&W or Sepia tone the pic.

'FireKnife'

Basically you will need to cast a longer shell, one that is around double the length, a longer screw ended rod to hold the base plate in and either a double length spring or two regular mag springs put together, the base plate, mag lips, valve and all the rest are fine, just the body of the mag, the holding rod and the spring need changing.

Cast. CAST, i dont have the skills to do that or the money to be paying someone to CAST me an extended mag body!!!

I agree on the other parts, longer spring and holding screw, and an extended mag body. The extended mag body fits into the bottom of the mag, and hold the base block in the bottom.

Its just making the body is rather difficult, especially as it has to gas seal at top and bottom AND hold BBs down the track at the front.

Yep, i know.

In the picture of the real one it dosent look like its two normal magazines bolted together, so for realisms sake i'd rather not go down that rout. :P

And whylst i am here, i'll put up a picture of my guns.

Springer "colt 1903" converted from a springer TT-33. A TM 1911, currently broken:(. A bell 1911 converted into the .38 machine pistol. Finally at the top is my M870 that will make an apperance if we allow black furnature.

DSC00123.jpg

Updates on the guns, (if you care :P)

The machine pistol is now working beautifully. I got around the problem of the hammer jamming the slide by reshaping both the hammer and the inside of the slide (BBU) to make the hammer skip downwards and out of the way when the slide returns.

This means i still have full lenght slide travel and the slide lock still works. The only problem is the piston head catches on the cylander (i have the same trouble with my TM) and it jamms. This only seams to happen once i shoot lots of rounds and it gets rather cold... but the point of this gun is to shoot lots of rounds!!! I seem to get 30-40 rounds before a jam so its not all bad.

Plus i have a different design of piston head on the way that will cure this problem.

TM 1911, piston head and cylander on the way to replace the parts currently broken.

colt 1903 hammerless. This is looking better and better by the day. the TT-33 saftey catch is now completley gone(its silver in the pic above) and is flat black, you can see the scratches only if you look closely. The slide lock on the other side is on its way out and i have some wooden grips allmost ready to glue on!

Who said you can't pollish a turd :P.

Archived